IGNORED

Whats the "real price" of taxi from bkk airport taxi line to Patts ?

wickedd

Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it. I remember reading about the train also , I think I might give it a whirl between both places just to make a T/R on it when I get over there in April, I think it is quite cheap but takes like Three hours, would be worth it just for the experience. Hopefully any flooding will have receded when I come to town between here and April!!

Thai trains can be great fun, I love them, but they are generally not the quickest option, the drawback of the Bangkok to Pattaya train is that there is only one per day and it leaves Hua Lampong around 6.00am arriving in pattaya about 11.00am, the return train leaves Pattaya around 1.30pm and arives at Hua Lampong around 5 hours later. The cost is minimal, something like 30 baht, and I think free for Thai people. I am not sure of departure times from stations near the airport, but would think around 1 hour later than above.

If you are carrying luggage and you have just arrived from your flight, personally I would not recommend it. I think you can board the train 'near' the airport, but certainly not within walking distance so you will still need a taxi, or now maybe the new BTS link can connect with the railway, I am not sure on that one.

Another thing to bear in mind is the location of the station in Pattaya, not near the city centre and an onward pick up or taxi will be required.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the drivers accept using taximeter to Pattaya?

Yes some do, do not book a taxi in the airport, they are all too expensive, there are loads of taxi meters right outside the arrival hall, some will give you a price or use the meter if you request. Recently one I had pre booked come to collect me to go to the airport from Pattaya turned up and started asking for 500bt over what was quoted or he wouldnt take me, so I simply told him to put on the meter and take me or I will call the agent and tell him to send someone else.

The resulting trip cost about 930bt plus the tolls, and obviously no 200bt tip in this instance.

Using the meter the return trip should be no different.

Another thing to consider is that many drivers hardly know their way around BKK and yes they can find their way to Pattaya but may have difficulty finding your hotel.

We took Mr T on 17 December and thank god we did. The international fireworks competition had jammed up pretty much all the main roads but our driver must have known every back alley to get us to Soi 3 Beach Rd. If it was a BKK taxi, you'd be walking a fair distance to get to your hotel that day or stuck in traffic for hours.

If you are not in a burning hurry (which is unlikely if you are arriving and want to be in Pattaya ASAP) the bus is quite pleasant and cheap.

The taxi rank downstairs now has a printed list price of 1500 Baht to Pattaya.

I think there's also a 50 Baht admin charge at the desks and they'll also try for plus 60 Baht Tolls.

The taxi rank downstairs now has a printed list price of 1500 Baht to Pattaya.

I think there's also a 50 Baht admin charge at the desks and they'll also try for plus 60 Baht Tolls.

Is that for the taxi meters that queue outside? or the taxi services that are selling in the arrivals hall?

Is that for the taxi meters that queue outside? or the taxi services that are selling in the arrivals hall?

Down one level from Arrivals at the rank, not the touts straight outside Arrivals who ask for crazy money.

Last couple of trips I've paid 1500Bt from the taxi queue just outside the airport doors. That price included the tolls. In the past I've negotiated with taxi drivers actually in the carpark, and have got them for 1200Bt, but often they stop a few K up the road and change car and driver, and I've ended up in a heap of shit car with broken AC. So I've stopped dealing with the privates taxi guys now.

Down one level from Arrivals at the rank, not the touts straight outside Arrivals who ask for crazy money.

Thought so, thanks for the info.

I always pre book mine with an agent from pattaya but all of the cars he uses seem to come from Bangkok. Thats what I pay 1000bt + tolls + airport car park, but I have never found a taxi at the airport for that price.

Always best to pre book I think.

When headed to the airport from Pattaya last night, i had booked a taxi from some tourstand on soi 3 i think??, they picked me up at the hotel in a Toyota Camry, drove me to the airport for 960 Baht al included. The guy at the stand wanted 1500 at first for the Camry, so i just tod him that i woud find someone else, guess he was desperate for doing business :-)

Most of the time I go from downtown BKK - and most taxis want 1,200 - or rather they did last time I went - about 5 months ago! AS others have said make sure YOU know where you're going (google maps) - 10:1 the taxi from BKK will get lost (I use the iPhone to guide them - last time I had it speaking instructions to him in Thai - he looked worried - I'm sure he thought it was magic and was going off to the temple to pray!)

I heard the Mr. T taxi was good, and also getting cabs outside at arrivals is good too right? I'm a newb and looking for best transpo options.

1100 from Suk 50+tolls. The driver had no idea where LK Metro might be. I used Iphone magic, but still ended up walking the last three blocks.

I have used mr T 4 times from airport to Pattaya 1000 bath incl toll,from Pattaya to airport 900 incl toll. Last july i went from Pattaya to President Park in Bangkok Sukhumvit soi 24 and it was 1000bath inc toll.

Bell travel bus was fully booked yesterday at 4pm, so it was either a taxi or wait for the 5pm govt bus. Bloke came up to us on the ground floor asking if we wanted a taxi, straight away offered us a price of 1200bht, We (there were 3 of us) said no. In the end got it for1050bht. Significant thing was that he was the driver (wanting to get home to Pattaya) not a tout.

• 2 years later...

Archived