IGNORED

Phuket’s DEA ‘drug lord’ souvenirs on hold

Benny10

phuket-a1-ZCGAqFG.jpg

PHUKET: The US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) office in Bangkok has confirmed that its “spot a drug lord” souvenirs will not be available in Phuket until the new year.

The souvenir items, a collection of coffee mugs, pens and T-shirts bearing images of some of the DEA’s “most wanted” drug traffickers, were initially intended to be distributed this week to coincide with the Patong Carnival on Wednesday, marking the arrival of the annual tourism high season.

David McConell, DEA Group supervisor at the Bangkok Country Office, told the Gazette today, “There were some issues on organizing a bunch of different things, so it will be postponed until the new year.

For our previous story click here.

“My guess is that it will not be until the first week in February, but we’re not 100% sure yet. We’re trying to coordinate with the Thai authorities right now,” he added.

Brought by Phuket Gazette

Saturday, December 11, 2010, 13:57 local time (GMT +7)

phuket-1-APIibkE.jpg

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

They've been busy, the posters are all over Pattaya, must have a massive budget!

So if this guy is in Burma why the big publicity push in Thailand ?

=====================================

(Alias: Prasit Chivinnitipanya)

Date of Birth: 5/29/52

Place of Birth: China

Height: 5'6" Weight: 125 lbs

Eyes: Brown Hair: Black

Race: Asian Nationality: Chinese

Wei Hsueh-Kang, the commander of the United WA State Army's (UWSA or WA) Southern Military Command, is wanted on Federal drug violations in the Eastern District of New York. The WA is currently the dominant heroin trafficking group in Southeast Asia, and possibly worldwide. Wei Hsueh-Kang is believed to be in hiding in Burma.

The U.S. Department of State is offering a REWARD OF UP TO $2 MILLION for information leading to the arrest or conviction in the United States of Wei Hsueh-Kang.

======================================================

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/210877/can-t-talk-now-darling-i-m-hunting-drug-barons

Edited by lostagain

So if this guy is in Burma why the big publicity push in Thailand ?

Although they think the guy is in Burma there is probably a chance that you could get a lead on him in Thailand. He got Thai citizenship for a while then after a bunch of stuff I think that they took it away in 2001. He probably spent some time in thailand during that time and thus probably left some traces of himself and his associates. It looks like they have been after this guy for a while so any information regardless of time lag would probably help. Hence my belief for the push in thailand.

On a side note I love the t-shirts, shame they will not be out by the time I leave this time around. Would have probably got a couple, one to wear as is and one more to draw childish glasses / mustache etc on.