IGNORED

The New Pattaya Hilton

UN4GIVN

Greetings to all. According to both Expedia and the Hilton website, the Pattaya Hilton is accepting reservations starting Dec 1. The pictures look quite plush and with rates starting at 99/nite it seems like a steal. Location seems to be somewhere between Soi 9 and 10. SO I guess its a reasonable walk to Soi 6 and the bus to Walking Street. IIRC, Lolita's is somewhere close by. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Only question is, will it be girl friendly? No way to know until we try, so I'm thinking to book one night and if its a problem I'll move elsewhere.

If I have to move out, any recommendations for a nice, clean, well located hotel in the 100$ range? (not as easy as it used to be as the all mighty USD circles the drain) I stayed at the Marriott in 2008. Very nice but it's $220 a night now and don't feel like paying so much.

Any info would be much appreciated. If I end up at the Hilton, I'll scope it out for the rest of us.

Upon us all, just a little rain must fall

Hhhmm...wonder how to phrase that delicately. I guess I could ask their policy for bringing overnight guests to the room.

Hhhmm...wonder how to phrase that delicately. I guess I could ask their policy for bringing overnight guests to the room.

No worries mate, this is LOS. Just ask them about their joiner policy. It's daily business for them.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Greetings to all. According to both Expedia and the Hilton website, the Pattaya Hilton is accepting reservations starting Dec 1. The pictures look quite plush and with rates starting at 99/nite it seems like a steal. Location seems to be somewhere between Soi 9 and 10. SO I guess its a reasonable walk to Soi 6 and the bus to Walking street. IIRC, Lolita's is somewhere close by. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Only question is, will it be girl friendly? No way to know until we try, so I'm thinking to book one night and if its a problem I'll move elsewhere.

If I have to move out, any recommendations for a nice, clean, well located hotel in the 100$ range? (not as easy as it used to be as the all mighty USD circles the drain) I stayed at the Marriott in 2008. Very nice but it's $220 a night now and don't feel like paying so much.

Any info would be much appreciated. If I end up at the Hilton, I'll scope it out for the rest of us.

Hi there, The new Hilton is located above central festival does look nice. :)

Greetings to all. According to both Expedia and the Hilton website, the Pattaya Hilton is accepting reservations starting Dec 1. The pictures look quite plush and with rates starting at 99/nite it seems like a steal. Location seems to be somewhere between Soi 9 and 10. SO I guess its a reasonable walk to Soi 6 and the bus to Walking street. IIRC, Lolita's is somewhere close by. (correct me if I'm wrong)

99 a night would seem to be a steal, but whenever i checked their website, reservations started from about 5000 baht (admittedly for high season - december or january). it is in an excellent location - on top of central festival shopping centre and the rooms look nice!

i remember having the staff show me around the marriott, which I thought to be overpriced for the rooms. check out dusit d2 - which is cheaper than the marriott (but more than the $100 - probably about $150) and looked more funky - very definitely girl friendly from what i saw on this forum. i considered it but eventually decided the standard rooms were a bit smallish for the price. (I suppose you could try the suites - but then you're looking at the same sort of price as the marriott). i opted for August Suites as better value (although they're obviously not top shelf like dusit d2 or marriott). personally i'd like to find something like my favourite hotel in bangkok - president solitaire - which i think has very nice accommodation for a good price (about $100 a night - if i was organised and booked further in advance i'd probably knock it down to $80 or so) but i've yet to find anything comparable in pattaya ie the same quality at that price in a nice central location!

i'd be interested to know how your search goes for my own reference - please reply or send me a pm (including scoping out the hilton)

Thank you all for the input.

Benny, I just sent them an email. I'll post their response as soon as I have it. Assuming it's positive, I think this will be my choice.

Abraxas, I'll post all the details about the Hilton in a mini trip report in the Accommodations forum (Assuming they are girl friendly in their email). You can PM me anytime if you need more details.

P.S. does anyone know the location of Lolita's in Pattaya relative to the Hilton? I can't seem to find the address of the Pattaya branch on the internet, even though they have the Bangkok and Hua Hin info. Thanks again.

Lolitas is at Soi LK Metro. From Central Festival you'd walk South on Second Rd, then turn left into Soi Diana (at Kiss food), the next left is LK Metro. Lolitas is 50m in on the left hand side. Takes maybe 5 min to walk, max. 10 I'd say.

I asked ... the Hilton will charge a 1000b fee. :ShitHappens1:

When it's Summer in Siam

Then all I really know

Is that I truly am

In the Summer in Siam

(Shane MacGowan, 1990)

I asked ... the Hilton will charge a 1000b fee. :ShitHappens1:

Always ways around it.

1000 baht? They have yet to respond to my email. I'll call them directly just to be sure. But the fee effectively puts their rate at 135 usd per night. Still cheaper than the Marriott. But still annoying. I suspect at the 140$ range you can find some very nice local hotels that are girl friendly, comfortable, clean and with reliable wifi. Any suggestions?

Yup. Just as Sigena said, it's a thousand baht, even if you have a double room. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but not as attractive as before. Without the joiner fee, at 99$ per night it would have been a total no brainer. Now I have to think about it.

They never did respond to my email, but since it's a brand new, not yet opened hotel, I wont hold that against them.

No doubt that if you pay 99$ per night, that Gogo/Bar girl can try to get most of the money from you

If the girl is tricky, the expensive the hotel, the more money she will ask whatever the service is

Unless its been massively re-furbished over the last couple of years the pen*t house is no where near the standard of the Marriott or D2 or I suspect the Hilton, they are in different leagues and price range.

I did hear with the pen*t house you can order girl from gogo from your room via closed circuit TV - suspect not a service offered by the others, you would have to ring down to the concierge.

Well, Hilton it shall be. I checked the website again and it seems the price has gone down even more. 74$/night for advanced (nonrefundable) purchase, and 83$ for flexible cancellation (up to 4:00pm on day of arrival) I went ahead and booked the latter for Dec 5-10. The price drop almost makes up for the outrageous joiner fee. Plus I really wanted to try it. When I get there, I'll try to negotiate out of the joiner, or maybe upgrade to a better room.

And if it's lame, or if they make mongers feel unwelcome, I can just check out early and go elsewhere.

Very Psyched about this trip. Haven't been for 2 years now.

I'll take some pics and post a hotel review when I get there.

Thanks for all the advice.

re joiner, who is going to ask you? you walk in the hotel at say 3pm or 3am with a bird and walk straight to the lifts, then to the room. Thais are very non confrontational so you are likely to get away with it

The new Holiday Inn had the 1000b for joiners when it opened and it went after about a week

Thanks Zakooo! Fortunately I can cancel without penalty.

Sonny,

Thanks for the great pics. How was the atmosphere? Could you take a bar girl dressed in miniskirt and tank tops and walk through the lobby without dirty looks? What if you took her to the breakfast buffet?

Looking at the website, the prices have jumped since yesterday, so I'm glad I have the reservations. But now I'm sort of thinking the Hilton might be a bit awkward for a decadent monger.

Thanks for the great pics, it looks very nice, I have room booked there in 2 weeks.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !