IGNORED

Sante Fe Steak House

philkrenshaw

The Santa Fe Steak House is located in the Big C shopping mall, on the East side of 2nd Road around Soi 2 (in the area with the major sopies like Sabai Dee and Sabai Land).

It looks like a branch of a US chain (who else would base the restaurant on railroads in the SE USA) but I’ve never come across one here myself. The menu has two kinds of steak, Local and Imported. The Local steaks are about half price of the Imported ones.

I had a Local ribeye dinner for 170 Baht. The steak was small but cooked exactly as requested and tasted quite good. The dinner included french fries and a salad. For anyone who wants a steak without blowing their budget, I will recommend the Santa Fe Steak House.

Thank you for the post. I will be in Pats next week and am always up for a good steak. Do you remember the prices on the imported steak?

Thank you for the post. I will be in Pats next week and am always up for a good steak. Do you remember the prices on the imported steak?

Various cuts. I think 350 to 500 baht, if I remember correctly.

Thank you for the reply Phil. Still very reasonable. Will give it a try next week.

• 3 years later...

dug up this old topic rather than create a new one

was shopping at Big C sukhumvit/pattaya tai a few days ago and realized i was hungry.... noticed this western style restaurant downstairs, and i wasnt in the mood for thai food (what i normally eat) so i figured id give it a try.

the good

clean... if that matters to you... i eat at street stalls, so i dont really care about cleanliness 555

they actually properly understand the various levels of grilling steak.... my medium rare was actually a proper medium rare inside... good job.

cheap.... i think the 200g new zealand ribeye was 169 baht or something like that... sides are extra though, i think the mashed potatos i added were 30b

the bad

well.... beef in thailand sucks.... even the imported stuff from NZ and AUS.... sorry guys, you just dont hold a candle to American steaks..... but this is a fast food restaurant, and its dirt cheap, so you cant really expect too much in terms of quality.

anyway.... overall, it was a quick decent meal that was cooked properly, and fairly cheap for steak.

certainly would not travel there to eat..... but if i happen to be shopping at big C and hungry, id eat it again.

0ftNCFw.jpg

dug up this old topic rather than create a new one

was shopping at Big C sukhumvit/pattaya tai a few days ago and realized i was hungry.... noticed this western style restaurant downstairs, and i wasnt in the mood for thai food (what i normally eat) so i figured id give it a try.

the good

clean... if that matters to you... i eat at street stalls, so i dont really care about cleanliness 555

they actually properly understand the various levels of grilling steak.... my medium rare was actually a proper medium rare inside... good job.

cheap.... i think the 200g new zealand ribeye was 169 baht or something like that... sides are extra though, i think the mashed potatos i added were 30b

the bad

well.... beef in thailand sucks.... even the imported stuff from NZ and AUS.... sorry guys, you just dont hold a candle to American steaks..... but this is a fast food restaurant, and its dirt cheap, so you cant really expect too much in terms of quality.

anyway.... overall, it was a quick decent meal that was cooked properly, and fairly cheap for steak.

certainly would not travel there to eat..... but if i happen to be shopping at big C and hungry, id eat it again.

0ftNCFw.jpg

555 Do you really think you are getting the good quality steaks from Aus or NZ for 169 baht. Good steak in Aus is $25 (800 baht) a kilogram from a butcher. I am sure they are not going to fly it 5000 kms and sell it cooked for 169 baht

12 Pints in Know it all

That's not even beef, it is the rump section off of a dog. That's why it was so cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

555 Do you really think you are getting the good quality steaks from Aus or NZ for 169 baht. Good steak in Aus is $25 (800 baht) a kilogram from a butcher. I am sure they are not going to fly it 5000 kms and sell it cooked for 169 baht

555 well i didnt have this place in mind when i was thinking of good quality Aus or Nz beef... ive tried beefeaters and other places that are well regarded for their steaks and was not impressed... theyre not bad... theyre just not anything to rave about when youve had top quality american beef before

That's not even beef, it is the rump section off of a dog. That's why it was so cheap.

if that was dog, it was better than i thought dog would be :P

The best steak I have had in Thailand was from a restaurant in Phuket called La'boucherie (not sure of the spelling). It is a franchise. I am not sure if there is a store in Pattaya. But the steak with chips etc was about 500 baht. Not cheap by thai prices but a great feed when you are missing beef. As good a quality as you would get at home

The beef was from aus or NZ.

12 Pints in Know it all

Quite a few branches of this Thai Chain around town, most seem to be next to a Fuji.

Archived