IGNORED

Walking Street Guesthouse : Review

happy007

This review is based on me and 3 other mates experience who had 4 confirmed rooms at this Guesthouse.

Found a listing for this guest house on this forum and hoped for it to be a convenient spot. Communication with Johan was very prompt and got a confirmation email as well. Sent Johan an email again to confirm our departure a day earlier and stressed on the fact that as we will be reaching ard midnight, to make sure all goes smoothly.

Our nightmare started when we reached Walking Street, because of the low profile of this accommodation no one knew where it was (cant blame the guesthouse for this) but a few tips would have been appreciated, especially when we were coming in at an odd hour and as there is no traffic allowed on the street, we went on a 30min wild goose chase. Coming from cooler weather, that 30 min walk seemed to be an hours workout.

U DO NEED AN INSURANCE WHEN STAYING HERE as the staircase is very scary, especially with luggage. If the weather would have been wet, it would have been another nightmare. Our group had guys between 35-40 so stairs are normally not an issue.

12.45am reach the reception on level 1, a very rude receptionist informs us that our rooms were sold and we will have to wait 30min to 1 hour before she can start giving us rooms. Johan was aware that we were in Pattaya as our taxi driver had called him around midnight for directions before dropping us, still this treatment. The reception is next to the landing of Level 1, so 4 of us with luggage were expected to stand in a 2meter by 2m passage for an hour and also make room for other guests coming in and out of the guesthouse as the space we were standing was also the only way a person can get in the guesthouse.

I and a mate tried going to P72 and a couple other joints nearby but had no luck getting 4 rooms in one place. After a long flight to BKK, then the drive to Pattaya, then all the walking, I just wanted a bed to sleep and convinced an upset mate to wait at the guesthouse till we got the rooms.

Johan was present when we reached back the guesthouse and apparently 1 room was ready and we could take our bags there and wait till the others got ready. One of our promised level 2 rooms became a level 3 room.

All the rooms had a wet bathroom floor BUT THERE WAS NO WATER in the taps. A visit to the rude receptionist got a reply " I know there is no water but I can't tell you when it will come". It did come after an hour and a half at 3AM and was brown and filthy. Our planned visit to a Bar for a couple of quite ones, with a sweat soaked T Shirt went poof.

The big LCD TV had a really bad reception so all we could do was pray hard that the aircon doesnt conk off.

As there were no windows/exhaust in the rooms, one of the rooms that didnt have a fan alongwith the aircon had to be left open and unoccupied as the electricity worked only with the inserted keytag which is an uncomfortable proposition as the guesthouse is mainly used as a Short time accommodation and if you are travelling alone you can't stand in the passageway nor can you leave the room open.

I had thought climbing the badly designed steep staircase was bad enough, when I tried coming down with just a 15kg bag, I had to do a step at a time as an old man.

Our experience at the guesthouse was so bad that we had planned to stay 6 nights in Pattaya instead next day morning first thing we called for the PTT Taxi guy and were back to BKK to catch a flight to Phuket.

Only good thing I can say about this guesthouse is that it is very centrally located and if you dont mind the stairs, can be used as an ideal Short Time hotel.....which was one of the major reason for our bad experience.

Much Appreciated

Obviously, best to look elsewhere.

Thanks!

god i would not have been happy at all sorry to hear use had such bad luck :)

• 3 years later...

Our experience at the guesthouse was so bad that we had planned to stay 6 nights in Pattaya instead next day morning first thing we called for the PTT Taxi guy and were back to BKK to catch a flight to Phuket.

Wow.

:Fuck_Knows:

One post.Four years ago.I couldn't resist.. :WinkGrin1:

Walking Street Guesthouse is a popular short time hotel on Walking Street..

i wouldnt fancey staying there

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I'm not surprised, you tried to use one of the most popular short time hotels in Walking Street as a hotel? You should have done a little more research.

At any rate, I'm sure if you wanted a quick shag it would have been excellent!

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

I used it as for ST, would not stay any longer...not even for a day...

ROFL!!!  Great post to dredge up.  I am assuming this is the guesthouse near Soi Happy a Gogo (next door to Roo Bar).  I really can't imagine why someone would want to stay there for anything more than short time... no windows etc plus way too much short time traffic.  Always amusing to read reviews like this one.  Must have been a real shock for that particular group of travellers.  I never knew it was operated by a Westerner though.

I think these clowns should stay in Phuket.

I think these clowns should stay in Phuket.

Couldn't agree more.

You get for what you pay for I guess

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

What is the current overnight rate there... about B500?  For that price, you could still find something a bit better but a bit further off Walking Street and with a window at least.  To me it seems more a case of not doing enough research prior to choosing that particular establishment... LOL.

I notice the OP only ever did the one post, so presumably they went online and signed onto as many forums as they could just to post their displeasure with this one establishment...

I notice the OP only ever did the one post, so presumably they went online and signed onto as many forums as they could just to post their displeasure with this one establishment...

I'm glad he did post and give a heads up,looks like the service was dire in the extreme.

Suggesting there's something dubious by having a critical first post isn't going to encourage others to come forward when they encounter dreadful service is it,if they are going to be rubbished by other posters. Sometimes having news to impart is what brings posters to the forum in the first instance.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Only good thing I can say about this guesthouse is that it is very centrally located and if you dont mind the stairs, can be used as an ideal Short Time hotel.....which was one of the major reason for our bad experience.

I'm glad he did post and give a heads up,looks like the service was dire in the extreme.

Suggesting there's something dubious by having a critical first post isn't going to encourage others to come forward when they encounter dreadful service is it,if they are going to be rubbished by other posters. Sometimes having news to impart is what brings posters to the forum in the first instance.

It seems the guesthouse is mainly used as a short time hotel.I doubt if the OP did do enough research in the first place.Don't know if I find it ridiculous or just sad to give it up in Pattaya and head for Phuket after just 1 night (!).If he would have made a shortlist with some guesthouses and hotels in different areas of Pattaya chances are he would have stayed and have a good time.I can't imagine a bad experience makes you leave town.I guess they didn't really want this to succees anyway.Loads of guesthouses/hotels available.

@ klongwater... I made the point about the fact that it was a single post purely to highlight that he was so riled up about it that he felt the need to advertise it as much as possible (with the presumption that he was creating memberships on other forums as well to repeat the same post), rather than implying it was dubious that he only ever did the one post on PA.  I do not discourage people warning others about bad experiences.  Of course, in this case, I think the bad experience comes down more to poor research prior to booking a short time hotel.  

Interestingly, doing a google search of the text from his post, the only link that does come up is this particular post on PA and there isn't even an entry on TripAdvisor for Walking Street Guesthouse, so obviously no post there from the OP.

Archived