Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

KTK Pattaya royal residence

jbull

I live in one of the big corner units situated at the rear, nice room on first inspection, then you start to spot a few mistakes, don't get me wrong for the money its great, downfall is the construction of a new condo or hotel at the back! if you have been on the pop the night before, come home at say 5am then they start at around 7 it will drive you nuts!

Everything inside is done very tastefully, and yes problem with internet yesterday needed to get on but to no avail i guess it is just a teething problem as the official date was around the 1st Dec complete!

Pool nice and there's a gym but more like a home multi gym!

Cafe and bar to open soon!

The above info were good last November,09,the present situation is fairly different now. I was planning to stay at the KTK this month,until I was told by my friends who are staying at the KTK, that I will be making a big gaffe. Let me outline the situation that I personally witnessed yesterday;the KTK residence is now encircled by new construction sites generating a lot of irritating high level of noise, from 0.700 am to 10.00 pm,7 days a week almost none-stop.In addition to this existing chaostic situation I was informed that a new major construction site is scheduled to start no later than April,2010, ( on the right side of the KTK there is a few shabby Thai houses now sold to a construction company for that new project) in other words staying at the KTK for the next 20 months would be like a living-hell, for this reason it will be advisable to avoid the KTK Residence.

Moreover, when I visited one of my friend yesterday staying at the KTK (room 608) I also noticed that the KTK soundproofing between apartments is almost none-existing;

1) the room entry door are made of thin PCV (chemical plastic)I made a quick test with my friend, I stay inside the room and with closed door and my friend drop is keys holder on the ceramic floor and I heard clearly the impact on the floor, my friend also confirmed that at night the palce is extremely noisy, boisterous when customers and tarts are screaming on their cell phones.

2) The price listed posted on this site is also no longer valid, these figures should be modified with a 3000. baht increase.

3)also the fact that Soi AR is no longer the quiet Soi like it was in the 2004, now circulation is intense with construction heavy trucks and Chinese tourists buses, and since the KTK was built as a open-air concept there is no walls to stop the noise coming from outside.

4)finally in Soi AR there is a myriad of stray dogs all around the KTK and the Siam View hotel, definitely not a safe area if one travel with is family.

Hope this latest information will help the members of this site.

Cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch out for the Thai/Chinese Manageress! She can be very ignorant but also vicious :GrinNod1:

Yep, I emailed them a few days ago and got the same reply, "no units available at this time". I'll probably go check it out anyway, just to for future reference. The site looks good.

You should read my taday statement before making any booking at the KTK, the situation is not the same anymore, the place is very nice with good taste furniture that's all.

The noise level surrounding the KTK is simply intolarable,the internet problem reported last Nov,09 still there cannot be fixed for some obscure reason, now with the new construction the swimming pool is totally in the shade with no sun exposure and the rates are noe showing a 3000.baht increase.There is so many new hotels in Pattaya there is no problem to get a better deal.

• 2 months later...

This is really disappointing.

I saw the website and thought I found the perfect place for me to stay for a month in August. I'll be working via internet (remote VPN) during the day, so require the room to be quiet and the internet to be excellent. Sounds like the KTK disappoints on both counts! Damn!

August Suites are too expensive and I wasn't impressed with Mosaik's internet. Any other recommendations for attractive and spacious serviced apartments that don't break the bank?

only studio C is available from July i believe as well with the more expensive suites, forget Studio E for 11k it's booked forever

Thanks however the thread on Maxx Central starts promising then goes to shit also :(

• 2 weeks later...

I used to stay siam view , ktk and nova. personally speaking, nova park is quiet but it's too bugs. and about ktk, the manager is not friendly. I prefer siam view becoz i like the swimming pool on the top floor...sunny!!!!

DANGER DANGER stay clear of KTK - check out this email dated 02 June 2010:

PS My "friend" is Pattaya Addicts :IdHitIt2:

------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am considering staying at KTK Residence from August 27 - September 25.

My friend has stayed in KTK Resisdence before and told me that Studio D Deluxe is nice, so I would consider that. Can you please tell me if it is available and your best price for this period.

Also, my friend told me that he had problems with the internet when he was there, and that it is a bit loud due to construction next door. I am not a party person - I am in Pattaya for business and will be working from my computer on the internet and on my telephone each day so it is very important to me that the internet is fast and reliable, and my room is quiet during the day.

Can KTK guarantee fast/stable internet and quiet room and offer refund policy regarding these two points? Also, does the kitchen have oven or hot plates or only microwave oven for cooking?

Thankyou,

<Astroboy>

Dear Mr <Astroboy>

Thank you for your mail.

Sorry sir, we can not guarantee internet fast and stable due to the internet company in pattaya is not really stable. and we can also not guarantee that room will be quiet as the construction is still a bit loud.

We hope those noise will be better soon.

our kitchen has microwave, water boiler, plates, and utensils, no cooking stuffs.

Please let us know if you would like to book the room with us.

Sorry for inconvenience with noise sir,

Best Regards,

Ms. Jirapat J.

Management Team

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Please read this:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d1733988-r64809187-KTK_Royal_Residence-Pattaya.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

My friend stayed there for a month & had to leave on the third day due to the construction noise. Guess what? His month rent in advance was gone too. Steer away from this place until construction finish.

cheers,

sam

Any pics of these Apartments ?????

:001_Thank_You5:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why do you want to bother? The dust from the construction is bad enough and now they just bought the property next door. I'd suggest you find somewhere else, it truly isn't worth it and they don't discount the rooms even though it is noisy. They actually couldn't care less about the guests.

• 2 weeks later...

why do you want to bother? The dust from the construction is bad enough and now they just bought the property next door. I'd suggest you find somewhere else, it truly isn't worth it and they don't discount the rooms even though it is noisy. They actually couldn't care less about the guests.

Have to agree,ktk have bought the land next door and the diggers have been at it day and night last week getting the site cleared for construction to start

this new plot will make the ktk a 3 building hotel now,so be ready for extensive noise for the next 18 months or so

and yes you guessed it,once the third building is up,everybody has to share that tiny pool and gym

Have to agree,ktk have bought the land next door and the diggers have been at it day and night last week getting the site cleared for construction to start

this new plot will make the ktk a 3 building hotel now,so be ready for extensive noise for the next 18 months or so

and yes you guessed it,once the third building is up,everybody has to share that tiny pool and gym

Guess I'll give this place a miss then, when I arrive in just 128 days! :GoldenSmile1: Enjoy your trip to the :Dustbowl" it will only serve to make you appreciate Pattaya even more, despite what "Fieldsguy/Parne/AC Barhopper/Don52 and all the other Knobheads have to say! :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

PS It's a small world!

Guess I'll give this place a miss then, when I arrive in just 128 days! :GoldenSmile1: Enjoy your trip to the :Dustbowl" it will only serve to make you appreciate Pattaya even more, despite what "Fieldsguy/Parne/AC Barhopper/Don52 and all the other Knobheads have to say! :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

PS It's a small world!

Sure is a small world, hehe

and a shame about the ktk appartments,sure will be a nice place to stay once the construction stops :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 years later...

Bump

Has anyone stayed here in the last few months?  I am looking for a 3 month rental and this place looks pretty good.

Bump

Has anyone stayed here in the last few months? I am looking for a 3 month rental and this place looks pretty good.

I'll be there next Saturday mate, it's my first time stay there also...I'll let you know how it is...

I've heard nothing but good things though..

Cheers.

There is a new development going on  2nd rd. and was also wondering if KTK was backing onto it.

Re the construction noise locally, I stayed at nearby Amari Nova Suites...very quiet - no probs.

I have just booked Nova Gold for ten days in december. Is that close to Amari Nova ? Usually stay around LK Metro so not so familiar with that area...

I have just booked Nova Gold for ten days in december. Is that close to Amari Nova ? Usually stay around lk Metro so not so familiar with that area...

I am a big fan of the Nova Gold...probably the cheapest true 4* hotel in Pattaya. Great rooms, nice staff and fantastic value - joiners no prob too. My only gripe is that I like to chill for an hour or two by the pool some days and build up a tan, this is not poss as the pool is in the shade.

Re the hotel's location, to get to second rd (opp soi 6) its a 7min(ish) walk. That said you can get the hotel golf buggy to drop you there or up at the excellent drinking street for that matter. Getting to LK Metro is a little trickier - either get a taxi bike (outside hotel) or get the golf buggy to Pattaya Klang, cross over the road to soi Buhakow and get the baht bus to LK. Going back - motorbike taxi your best bet (60THB from LK).

Hope this helps, enjoy youself mate.

Archived