IGNORED

LK Metropole

bernardcole

I stayed at the LK Metropole for ten days this September. I got a one-bedroom suite for 2700 baht a night including breakfast. It located on the corner of Soi BK and Soi Diana. That’s a 40 baht motorbike taxi to Walking Street or a sweaty 15-minute walk. It is also right by Devil’s Den and Lolitas on Soi LK Metro.

The breakfast was terrible; I only ate it on the first morning.

The Internet is not wireless, each room has a modem you plug in and you must connect via Ethernet. This means you can only plug the modem into where there is a phone and electricity socket. It’s also not unlimited access; you need to get a one-hour pass (for free) every time you want to use it. I had trouble connecting; I think this was a problem with my computer rather than the system. The staff did their best to help and called an ‘internet man’ but by the time he arrived I had decided to pay for wireless hotspot access that was available.

The security box was large enough for my 13-inch macbook.

There was a separate bath and spacious shower but the water pressure in the shower was very low. Keeping the water at a suitable temperature was very frustrating and this turned out to be my biggest problem with the hotel. Also, if you stay in the standard room you don't get a separate shower.

Another problem is there were few electricity sockets and many were placed in stupid places i.e. I had to move the microwave onto the stove in order to plug it in.

The key card doesn't activate the electricity so you can leave the air conditioner, TV etc. on while you are out.

The room was huge, the bed very big and comfortable. The TV was not a flat screen. The fittings decent except the bathroom which was okay. I didn’t experience the wear that other BMs have mentioned.

The balcony was pretty big.

The pool was pretty small.

The gym has a decent set of free weights, crappy resistance machines and one ok, one not ok treadmill. Room service is available until fairly late so unless you get out of bed at 6pm there is no problem. The reception will order food for you, I only got Mc Donalds as it was always in the early hours and this was the only thing open. If you look at the last picture you may get a glimpse.

They are very girl friendly. The first is free and additional girls are 300 baht charge a night. The mini bar prices are only slightly more then the 7/11.

I would say the staff were pretty efficient and attitudes were generally good.

Overall I would stay here again if the shower were better. The fittings in the LK Renaissance a minute away are better and the price for the one bedroom suite identical. I wanted to stay here first but it was fully booked. Unfortunately I hear the showers may have the same problem. The best thing going for the hotel is the room size imo considering the price.

:GoldenSmile1:

BC

DSCN3314.jpg

lk met 1.jpg

lk met 2.jpg

DSCN3234.jpg

DSCN3235.jpg

DSCN3310.jpg

DSCN3313.jpg

Excellent report mate, thanks for putting it up for us. Stayed in the Penthouse Suite with a friend during the infamous Luvtomuff rooftop party and loved the place.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Cheers for the info. I thought you'd get more hotel for 2,700Bt though. I see what you mean about the pool, very meagre looking.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Yeah, for that price I'd at least want a decent shower and widescreen tv.. not to mention a bigger pool.. thanks for the cool review though mate.

Not worth anything like 2700 a night when you look what else is on offer. Many of the alternatives include a good breakfast. I would certainly expect far more than this for the price paid.