Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

… THAI DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS – Finding and Managing Quality Medical Care

brutox

16 hours ago, brutox said:

That's an additional tool that could be useful .. share?

I have no idea...that was 6 years ago, in the world BC.

13 hours ago, freedom42 said:

When I search for doctors, I like to look at their training and if they have done a year or more overseas (USA / Europe / South Korea / Japan etc) I will choose to see them. I actually had the discussion the other day with my 67 year old psychiatrist in Manarom Hospital about doctors in Thailand that have the "god complex". He actually agreed on many points about how doctors that have not gone abroad tend to be unwilling to listen to you and just diagnose you with "book learning". I chose this guy as he specializes in Sleep Medicine and did two years in Chicago. I have also seen two top orthopaedic surgeons in Bangkok Hospital BKK that were exceptional. They were both doctors in the Thai military and both told me "I make money cutting people open, but I don't cut people open to make money".

This site doesn't rank doctors, but it seems to be a comprehensive list. The guy who writes the articles is a bit of an alarmist in the way he uses exclamation points all the time.  

https://www.thailandmedical.news/pages/thailand_doctors_listings

Indeed, doctors who have done training overseas (especially at well known institutions) will have had a full 1-2 years of more "cartesian" teaching and some "confrontation" with patients, so they will more likely be more amenable to at least consider your point of view.

Thanks for the references @freedom42 very appreciated!

Maybe we need a TDFMI (thai doctor friendly...) like TFMI tool so we can all report our experiences!  5555 :):):)

• Like 2