IGNORED

Musician Allegedly Overcharged for Motorcycle Fare at Pattaya Fireworks Festival

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

S__193716307-300x169.jpg?v=1700879083

Pattaya— At 11:30 PM, on November 24th, 2023, Thai reporters publicly revealed that a musician was allegedly overcharged for a motorcycle fare during the International Fireworks Festival 2023 in Pattaya, Chonburi. According to the report from the Thai media, Mr. Chumpol Meesri, a 35-year-old musician, filed a complaint report to the Pattaya police officers as […]

Musician Allegedly Overcharged for Motorcycle Fare at Pattaya Fireworks Festival
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Why did he not agree a price upfront with the driver ?

He's 35 years old and thai.  Must know the score.  Especially as musician. 555.

Interesting to see if he has a leg to stand on with his police complaint.

I can empathise with the taxi rider. I have never seen traffic like this in Pattaya. It's incredible.

800 baht, Thai guy paid tourist Phuket price in Pattaya.

Pattaya motorbike taxi rates: 1km = 50 baht or so, that is 400 baht or so for a 8km ride.

BTW, motorbike taxi n BKK , outside touristy cesspools / in residential Thai locals/expats areas 1 km = 10/15 baht.

Edited by Jakuy7

9 hours ago, Jakuy7 said:

800 baht, Thai guy paid tourist Phuket price in Pattaya.

1600 total if you add in the 800 transfer fee they pinged him with.

9 hours ago, Jakuy7 said:

Pattaya motorbike taxi rates: 1km = 50 baht or so

My experience has been different to this.

Where does that figure come from?

12 hours ago, simon6666 said:

I just checked, soi 10 BR to Little Walking Street (ex-soi 6), its actually 2km, so I paid: 1km = 25 baht. Sorry.

I also checked other routes that I used to do daily. Pattaya Tai near to Big C to LWS/ex-soi6, I paid 100 baht for 3,7km.

Please reassure me that I am still one of the best price negotiators. Haha... Or maybe not...

Edited by Jakuy7

On 26/11/2023 at 10:42, simon6666 said:

1600 total if you add in the 800 transfer fee they pinged him with.

He was charged 800 per person (there were two of them). Apparently picked up at Esso on Sukhumvit near Pattaya Tai. 

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

16 minutes ago, freedom42 said:

He was charged 800 per person (there were two of them). Apparently picked up at Esso on Sukhumvit near Pattaya Tai. 

The article states that there were two mototaxi guys, not two passengers. 800 each.

image.thumb.png.500c7235bba6e374b75711b7fabe2880.png

If you have a better source, feel free to present it.

Edited by simon6666

4 hours ago, simon6666 said:

The article states that there were two mototaxi guys, not two passengers. 800 each.

image.thumb.png.500c7235bba6e374b75711b7fabe2880.png

If you have a better source, feel free to present it.

Ok, my mrs watched the video in Thai explained it to me that the guy was charged 800 per person and that there were two passengers. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-mayor-orders-probe-into-taxi-overcharge-during-fireworks-festival

Edited by freedom42

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

9 hours ago, freedom42 said:

Ok, my mrs watched the video in Thai explained it to me that the guy was charged 800 per person and that there were two passengers. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-mayor-orders-probe-into-taxi-overcharge-during-fireworks-festival

That's not a better source.

That's "My missus reckons."

Nowhere in that link is the 'two passenger' claim supported (within actually refers back to the TPN 'two different moto taxi drivers' story)

Important to note here that the TPN story is also written by a Thai: Kittisak Phalaharn.

Cheers.

Edited by simon6666

On 28/11/2023 at 08:04, simon6666 said:

That's not a better source.

That's "My missus reckons."

Nowhere in that link is the 'two passenger' claim supported (within actually refers back to the TPN 'two different moto taxi drivers' story)

Important to note here that the TPN story is also written by a Thai: Kittisak Phalaharn.

Cheers.

Quite possible with the TPN report there was something lost in the translation. I always take an English translation of a Thai source with a grain of salt. Case in point...

image.jpeg.b01cdd6592009aefb0e70aeb6f6f9f01.jpeg

New year's Eve pre-covid , going to beach road, I had to change Moto driver at about soi 3 , as my original driver was not authorised to go inside the next zone.

( It was blockaded and manned ) 

Perhaps this was a similar situation??

On 25/11/2023 at 22:39, rog555 said:

Why did he not agree a price upfront with the driver ?

He's 35 years old and thai.  Must know the score.  Especially as musician. 555.

Many of the Thais I know don't ask the price in advance- and usually it works out OK, since both parties know the normal pricefor a particular fare. But greed doesn't discriminate and the locals cheat each other far more than they do foreigners (usury, high interest loans from call centers in countries adjacent to Thailand to name one)

We foreigners are just  the icing on the cake, 555! 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

10 minutes ago, Billy Baht said:

But greed doesn't discriminate

True that. Otherwise I'd never have had my cock inside a decent-looking Thai bird.

Tom Tit :Whistle:

Ron went home for a meal and a wash, but what he had seen over there did not let him rest.

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Quite possible with the TPN report there was something lost in the translation.

No, that's not quite possible at all.

In both cases it's a Thai translating and authoring the story. That's why I specifically stated the name and ethnicity of the TPN writer. It's only their understanding of what was said in the original Thai story that differs.

The translation comes after the fact and, in both cases, what they understood to have happened is crystal clear. They just disagree on what that is.

Unless, of course, the other BM misinterpreted what his missus was saying - that's the only room for error here.

Edited by simon6666