IGNORED

Test and Go Reinstated but this time for All Countries - Will you visit Thailand Now?

wulfgar

Test and Go Reinstated but this time for All Countries - Will you visit Thailand Now?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Test and Go Reinstated but this time for All Countries - Will you visit Thailand Now?

• Yes
    • No

Still too many other factors to ruin your trip. Bars closing early, tests to get into cafes and bars even for fully vaxed people, no gogos open, lack of girls, airlines cancelling flights and the threat of a costly quarantine.

• Like 2

They could easily change their mind yet again and add more hoops and hassles.  There is also a high chance of testing positive right now.  What happens then? 

Now that we are approaching the hot season I probably won't look at it until August.  Hopefully they dispense with this nonsense by then.

Edited by Kale

Thinking of cancelling my april trip for all of the above reasons. Couple of questions, if sent to the hospital, are you confined to bed? Do you have a private room, with wifi? Will the usual insurances pay directly for non-symptomatic stays? 

This video added to my incentive to cancel:

Further development and insight from that guy in quarantine...

• Like 2

I booked under original test and go and cancelled due to the bars going back to 9pm.

On the day of my flight I thought I need to go, i cannot sit here waiting for things to get better and staring at my half packed luggage for months so I took advantage of the 72 hour leeway and took the risk.

That day the new rules came into effect so in a way I’m glad I don’t have to come back to a hotel for day 5. ( No one has mentioned the cost of day 1 vs 5 yet because day 5 should be cheaper due to no van from the airport).

Anyway I’m here, I did it. Really happy I did regardless of what happens. The feeling of being in Pattaya is surreal not just for the bars but for the life which still exists here. 

I can see how travelling in these days can be anxiety inducing but once you do it it’s fairly simple, orderly and right now very quiet to transit through airports.

Come as soon as you can even if it’s for a month. 

61C70615-229B-47F6-A059-BACE64C6630C.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm forgetting Thailand until all testing and restrictions are over. I don't mind showing a vaccine cert, but that's it.

Looking at other options. 

I'm still in the "no" camp, although it's probably more the "not just yet" camp.  

I'll be waiting another few months to see how things progress from here, it's a step in the right direction but all this "test every few days and risk being whisked off to hospital" doesn't seem very conducive to a relaxing holiday.

Edited by Love_to_eat_Thai
  • Like 3

Well hats off to citrus grande. Test at 6pm and results by 9am. Now happy @ home 

0296FFAF-C45E-44D9-8DC7-6A9983EEE6FA.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...