IGNORED

Can you sing Thai/Issan music?

I wonder how many addicts can sing isaan/thai. I was wondering does anyone here sing even though they dont know thai?

This first guy is called Jonas, I have been looking for his stuff for a while just out of interest, because he fills concert, I think its impressive stuff!!

Isan Ban How- Jonas

Farang Lum Sing - Jonny Olsen

i've been known to do a fair bit of Thai karaoke in my time :)

I was singing in a Thai karaoke once and when I looked around everyone was running for the door! www_MyEmoticons_com__scream.gif

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

i like the "Om Pha Mah Pood"- bird and seks

you mean this one?

Bird & Sek Loso - om pra maa pood

Endorphine is pretty good

the most popular Eesahn song to date is actually in English, it's called "Gimme Some Munny Hunny"

BONE-afide Sex Maniac

Endorphine is pretty good

the most popular Eesahn song to date is actually in English, it's called "Gimme Some Munny Hunny"

:25:

555, ho ho ho......

I do some Taxi stuff and some Loso and it wows the girlies. Can't do Mor la as yet but I will in time.

Whoops!

Mor Lam, sorry.

Ai Ai, kor morlam!

I wish I could then I could probably speak Thai. As far as I know you pretty much would have to speak reaasonable Thai to sing Thai Karaoke songs. Beat's are universal, but the language is not. That's why I haven't heard anyone singing in English. Only in Japanese, especially those birds from the Rainbows in Bangkok :Blur:

I wish I could then I could probably speak Thai. As far as I know you pretty much would have to speak reaasonable Thai to sing Thai Karaoke songs. Beat's are universal, but the language is not. That's why I haven't heard anyone singing in English. Only in Japanese, especially those birds from the Rainbows in Bangkok :D

Load of middle-class thai girls love to sing english karaoke songs............normally Carpenters and Westlife though

• 11 months later...
I do some Taxi stuff and some Loso and it wows the girlies. Can't do Mor la as yet but I will in time.

The girls always seemed to go crazy when this one came on 'Do you miss me? by Taxi' during my first trip, so I spent an eternity learning it here http://www.ethaimusic.com/lyrics/118.htm . That was late 2001 and it still goes down a treat. Som's da bomb!

Even did my own cheat sheet (MS Word).

Do_you_miss_me_by_Taxi.doc

Do_you_miss_me_by_Taxi.doc

Edited by Som

I went to the Sabai Lounge karaoke place on Second Rd. a couple of times last trip with a few ladies. After exhausting my English song repertoire I sang along with some Thai songs by following the transliteration at the bottom of the screen. (without a mic. of course). It is not too difficult as the melodies are simple to the point of banality and the lyrics are repetitive so you can quickly pick up the pronunciation even as a non-Thai speaker. I am sure if you did this a few times you would learn to sing the song in a convincing enough fashion to impress.

The girls seem pleased enough you even try so its worth the effort. I had some very pleasant evenings in there and would recommend you give it a try for an evening's entertainment, providing you take company with you. I got the impression it was not a pick-up place.

I enjoy listening to alot of different Thai artists. I think Clash would be #1, then Bodyslam, Taxi, etc etc... But as far as singing it... I don't know Thai well enough to even attempt. I would be a little nervous about singing something I only partly understand. I might get the tone or pron. wrong, and end up insulting someones mother :Good_One:

• 1 year later...

mate i speak a little bit of thai, just the standard falag stuff, but i can sing "man tong ton" word for word, its on my ipod, love the song, for those who dont know it..........im sure u would have heard it in patts in the last 12 mths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cey-LjXjN2A

• 3 weeks later...

my girl sang twice to me on stage last few nights of my trip

she had the whole place bouncing...need badly to learn any

easyish songs guys...surprise for her what you recommend

please

Karaoke is good fun, but for me the pitch of a lot of Issan music is too high and it hurts my ears.

Been to Thai karaoke a few times but never really got into it.

Went with one chick once to a karaoke place which had English music. I went to the bathroom and the ungrateful tart put in about a dozen Thai songs and got pissed when I mentioned her poor karaoke etiquette in that we should rotate Thai songs/English songs. Silly cow could not understand why. :)

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

Karaoke is good fun, but for me the pitch of a lot of Issan music is too high and it hurts my ears.

Been to Thai karaoke a few times but never really got into it.

Went with one chick once to a karaoke place which had English music. I went to the bathroom and the ungrateful tart put in about a dozen Thai songs and got pissed when I mentioned her poor karaoke etiquette in that we should rotate Thai songs/English songs. Silly cow could not understand why. :D

FatherMojo

some of girls really miss home mate..issan songs keep them going

my girl was amazingly grateful back in loom if i let her decide

where we went out at night :D

• 2 months later...

I have been learning several Thai songs. While singing is hard in Thai, I find the guitar work is harder. The melodies and tuning are different here. And trying to get the actual music and have their notation described to you is difficult. But if you just want to do kareoke, you do not even need to speak Thai. Most of the kareoke places have the words in the phonetic language for you.

T