IGNORED

Anyone get any really really good hotel rates?

Kendrickrio

Im on all the apps, hotels, priceline, Agoda etc etc but find mainly they re all roughly the same price 

hotels app has a "secret price hotel  " everyday but it doesn't look too cheap.

Anyone had a really good deal off these apps ?

Say a 5 star ?

It's all about supply and demand. Best chance to get low rates is to go during low season. If you travel in Asia frequently then Agoda has a decent rewards system that will save you money. 5 star hotels will not discount as heavy as mid-market properties because there is less competition in the luxury market and they need to protect brand integrity.

I use Google to monitor hotel pricing as it shows pricing from multiple portals at the same time (i.e. Agoda, hotels, etc). But you have to keep an eye on it frequently. I got $23 USD a night rate at August Suites for this September trip. 3 days after I booked, the price went back to $30.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, I've grabbed a few
March 2015 - Blue Sky for about 800 THB with breakfast.
October 2016 - August Suites for about 700 THB.

Some tricks to get better rates - Look for deals which are say 20% off capped upto 50$. Make multiple bookings of 2-3 day each instead of one booking of 2 weeks.

Booking engines tend to run different deals in different countries. Try not to limit yourself to the popular sites in your country. E.g. Expedia will have different rates/promos for the same property in different countries. Use a card which doesn't charge extra for cross currency transactions.

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

Archived