IGNORED

sandy spring hotel

twicestung

Hi

I will be staying at this hotel on my next trip for 1 Month. It will be my 1st stay in this area ,hence the questions.

1/ Which of the Soi 13s is it actually located on?

2/ Is the suite worth the extra money?

3/ Where recommended to find the best price? 

Lastly what bars/dining etc would members recommend in the area, especially Indian curry joints! Thanks in advance.

Would have prefered to try Whitehouse but cannot find site with vacancies for bigger rooms in Nov/Dec.

Hi
     I will be staying at this Hotel on my next trip for 1 Month. It will be my 1st stay in this area ,hence the questions.

Lastly what bars/dining etc would members recommend in the area, especially Indian curry joints! Thanks in advance.
Would have prefered to try Whitehouse but cannot find site with vacancies for bigger rooms in Nov/Dec.
To find the best price, I'd suggest using trivago.com or Google, both will pulling prices from multiple travel websites. Also email hotel for direct quotes.

Btw, you haven't been to this hotel but already booked for 1 month? I would suggest that you book only a few days, then extend the booking once on the ground if you like it. That would also give you time to check out other hotels.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, twicestung said:

Hi

I will be staying at this Hotel on my next trip for 1 Month. It will be my 1st stay in this area ,hence the questions.

Sandy Spring is located on the actual Soi 13 itself, which is the first of the 13s you come to from the direction of Central and the furthest from the direction of Walking St.

Very central so you're within walking distance of literally dozens and dozens of eating and drinking places; on the Soi itself you'll find the Sportsman British style pub and The Wonderful 2 which is bar beer style.

If you're looking for a curry joint then there's a few around on 2nd Road turning left from the top of the Soi and heading in the direction of Central; the one I use most often is the Tikka Centre and to get there you head as per above but turn right down Soi Honey, walk all the way down it and its directly opposite the entrance to the Honey accross the road on Soi Buakhaow.

sandy spring is one of the best hotels to stay in, they have a loyalty card, think it costs 350 baht, and it gives you great discount, ask them about it, the suite is costly, maybe try a smaller room and see what you think.hope this helps.

7 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Sandy Spring is located on the actual Soi 13 itself, which is the first of the 13s you come to from the direction of Central and the furthest from the direction of Walking St.

Very central so you're within walking distance of literally dozens and dozens of eating and drinking places; on the Soi itself you'll find the Sportsman British style pub and The Wonderful 2 which is bar beer style.

If you're looking for a curry joint then there's a few around on 2nd Road turning left from the top of the Soi and heading in the direction of Central; the one I use most often is the Tikka Centre and to get there you head as per above but turn right down Soi Honey, walk all the way down it and its directly opposite the entrance to the Honey accross the road on Soi Buakhaow.

Thanks a lot for your informative post, am familiar with 'Tikka' having stayed in that area many times.

3 hours ago, iron said:

sandy spring is one of the best hotels to stay in, they have a loyalty card, think it costs 350 baht, and it gives you great discount, ask them about it, the suite is costly, maybe try a smaller room and see what you think.hope this helps.

Do you or anybody else happen to know if the 'Loyalty Card' is still available, as with having a 28 day stay the saving would be considerable!

10% off with the card if i remember right so you save if you stay for more then a few days.

Location wise its awesome, quiet soi(though hooters wasnt there last time i stayed there)

Walk up to 2nd rd and across is a good pharmacy plus small shop so you can get food/water cheap.

Sportsman pub next door is great as is the place across the rd, kings something.

I like SS and stay there quite a bit.  That being said it isn't perfect.  Common complaints are the small bathroom with the shower tub combo, hard beds and old furniture. 

For the Loyalty Card I'm pretty sure you got to book on the SS website not the commercial ones.   The seaview rooms with the 300B loyalty card discount are a good deal IMO

23 minutes ago, kash buc said:

hard beds 

This is the biggest problem for me.

Living in Pattaya I had a very long time lady, she went home to visit the folks, I got in touch with a past GF and decided to rent Sandy Springs for 5 days (a separate part of town to where I lived to ensure no chin wagging to my VLLT)

I got a suite on level 3 (I think) which had French doors opening up onto the pool.

I only lasted 4 days due to the very hard bed.

Staff very nice, pool good, good area.

Archived