IGNORED

[REVIEW] Galaxy Suites (Soi Diamond, next to Heavens Above Go-Go)

TTBangkok

Oh look! A budget hotel next to a go-go bar! I'm sure *that'll* be a treat! Ahahahaha. Dumb motherfucker. (Referring to myself.)

THE GOOD:

1. Off season rate was 675 THB ($20 USD).

2. Good mattresses would have made for a better night's sleep than Copa (my previous hotel) but...read on.

3. Free 2 bottles of water a day, and the usual well-stocked and overpriced snack bar and fridge.

4. Right in the heart of Walking Street, and 2 steps away from one of the naughtiest go-gos on the strip.

THE BAD:

1. No hot water carafe! How am I supposed to eat these cup-o-noodles now?

2. Free coffee is outside the reception area, in the non-airconditioned staircase area.

3. This is fucking NOT a 400 sqft room! :mad: It's about half the size of my room at Copa, which was 350 sqft.

4. You get a chair. That's it. No sofa, no coffee table. You have a ledge-like desk alongside one wall.

5. You get 4 bars of nondescript soap. No shampoo. I like to keep my bald noggin smooth, moisturized, and smelling like a fucking funeral wreath - don't you?

THE UGLY:

1. Ugh, one of those places where "shower" means they installed a hose right above the toilet. Yes, I absolutely *love* the ambiance of a flooded bathroom, soggy toilet paper, and a squelchy surprise when I get up to pee at night! It impresses the ladies too.

2. The security safe was missing batteries, so the receptionist handed me a very VERY worn key. That fit in a lock that had seen more forced entries than a Jewish princess. (Am Ashkenazi, so shut up.) Ended up buying tape and hiding my cash...creatively. :wink:

3. The NOISE! Not just the thumping bass of the go-go next door. And under. And across. There's also the constant construction noise, including jackhammers and drills. And the mamasan who decides to yammer at 3am because there's an unexpected lull in the noise that might *just* allow me to catch a few winks, and we can't be having that now can we?

4. Free WiFi almost never worked. I saw the receptionist periodically yanking the router plug out, then reconnecting - so I guess it's a systemic issue. When it did work, I got speeds of 150Kbps down which is worse than my international roaming plan.

VERDICT: STAY AWAY

Will an extra 70 THB ($2 USD) a day *really* eat into your Bumpinuglies Budget? Go stay at the Copa instead, and get that extra 10 minutes of walking/exercise in. When the ladyboys start grabbing your newly toned butt, you'll thank me for it.

It sounds like Pattaya 'bed space' at it's worst....AVOID!

Archived