IGNORED

LK Renaissance > Residence

paulvds

Earlier today I was having a look at the november prices on Agoda and Booking for the LK Renaissance hotel on Soi Diana but first could not find the hotel on there.

Am I correct that LK Renaissance changed its name in LK Residence?

Looks like they did change the name.

Same with the LK Royal Suites, I noticed in the lobby new signs and business cards that said LK Royal Suites Serviced Residence instead of hotel.

Tried to have a look on their website but did not open at that time. Maybe I was not patient enought as I waited rather long for it to open.

Anyway, looks like LK Group made some name changes. Hopefully they will also start renovating some of their hotels. :D

Maybe something to do with hotels now beginning to have joiner restrictions enforced upon them (see Marriott/Avani thread)

Accomodation with facilities, kitchenette, etc may be able to bypass this by classing themselves as serviced residents or apartments.

Maybe a coincedence but would be in line with the emails put out by Avani.  

• 1 month later...

Has anyone stayed here recently? I have a room booked in the beginning of November and don't see much mention of the hotel.

The location is good, trying to find out about the quality. It;s a little older from what I've read about it in the past. But no recent news.

2 minutes ago, Derfman said:

Has anyone stayed here recently? I have a room booked in the beginning of November and don't see much mention of the hotel.

The location is good, trying to find out about the quality. It;s a little older from what I've read about it in the past. But no recent news.

I stayed there February and have booked again for sept.. Swimming pool area is pretty small. I had a large room with separate bath and shower, next trip I booked standard and aparantly the shower is above the bath with no shower screen which might be annoying.. they also fill the fridge up with mini bar items but they are resonbly priced. I liked it hence staying again. 

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Thanks neo1011. I've booked a 1 bdr suite and was hoping to hear something positive. LK Res Doesn't come up in many threads.

On 7/6/2017 at 6:22 AM, paulvds said:

Tried to have a look on their website but did not open at that time. Maybe I was not patient enought as I waited rather long for it to open.

Anyway, looks like LK Group made some name changes. Hopefully they will also start renovating some of their hotels. :D

Long overdue! BUT don't hold your breath!

5 hours ago, Derfman said:

Thanks neo1011. I've booked a 1 bdr suite and was hoping to hear something positive. LK Res Doesn't come up in many threads.

I have stayed there recently April and June , I had the 1 bdr room suite for my June stay there. Positives for me was the location right next to LK Metro and near bath bus route plenty of late night eating options. As for the hotel and that room it self my main negative is no gym and no restaurant which means no room service. Other notes the room come with 4 towels everyday so you won't have to ask for extra you can walk a lady up without stopping at the front desk if you choose to. I'd say as far as hotel in that area are concerned the only one I like more is Page 10. Oh and in your room it's a separate shower and bath.

7 hours ago, worldtraveler3 said:

I have stayed there recently April and June , I had the 1 bdr room suite for my June stay there. Positives for me was the location right next to LK Metro and near bath bus route plenty of late night eating options. As for the hotel and that room it self my main negative is no gym and no restaurant which means no room service. Other notes the room come with 4 towels everyday so you won't have to ask for extra you can walk a lady up without stopping at the front desk if you choose to. I'd say as far as hotel in that area are concerned the only one I like more is Page 10. Oh and in your room it's a separate shower and bath.

Do the suites face the road or another building? I've read numerous reports that say to ask for a room on the higher floors facing the streets?

Any recommendations on room location?

12 hours ago, Derfman said:

Do the suites face the road or another building? I've read numerous reports that say to ask for a room on the higher floors facing the streets?

Any recommendations on room location?

I didn't look out the window much or use the balcony much if my memory is correct then you will be looking at the sky line facing 2nd road. I'm almost positive 1bdr room suite is only on the 7 and 8th floor could be wrong but mine was on the 7th.

I smoke so I like to sit outside. If I sit outside I like to look at something. :D

Thanks for the info. I'm sure you had much better things to do then prep for my questioning. :Party1:

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 22:32, paulvds said:

Earlier today I was having a look at the november prices on Agoda and Booking for the LK Renaissance hotel on Soi Diana but first could not find the hotel on there.

Am I correct that LK Renaissance changed its name in LK Residence?

i only noticed yesterday, and god knows how many times i have walked past the place. even stayed there a couple of weeks years ago during it's soft opening when it was a bargain.

only guessing but Residence is easier to spell when doing a search than Renaissance.

59ae12d4adab7_sept5009(Custom).JPG.2cb7958dfefc18d279dabc0e26b2ce15.JPG

i think they need to give whoever did this sign a good slap

59ae1315dc5e0_sept5010(Custom).JPG.5b670576a3af088cd0824b8d0d2a74d3.JPG

59ae132904f32_sept5011(Custom).JPG.03db4a6df4cd7cb4db6172239fcfecf4.JPG

59ae133d9b074_sept5012(Custom).JPG.6c74c140b89955e61b15a338f54253b8.JPG

Stayed at the LK's for the last 10 years and always enjoyed them; some are getting dated and overpriced despite a lack of facilities as mentioned above. They must be getting an overdue refresh which is good news. Getting rid of the old staff would be another bonus. Renaissance was my favourite till they decided not to do a breakfast and did away with their small gym. The LK Empress on Beach road is a great place but asking a bit much for a 4 star.

Best value was the LK Royal Wing which is up the Soi behind the Royal Suites, good rooftop pool and quiet too so long kips are a bonus!

View from the Empress.

post-2088-0-16989300-1387302280.jpg

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived