Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

koh phi phi... where to stay??

SureShot

5 hours ago, welshchris_2000 said:

I just booked a ferry in one of the travel shops near by. What time.e you getting to Krabi?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Don't do this- These places upcharge you-  Just go to the ferry terminal.     Be advised there is absolutely nothing by the terminal... so don't expect to get decent food or or drinks. THere were a few mom and pop shops and a coffee shop but the terminal is pretty isolated.

I got to the terminal early- purchased a ticket and had the taxi driver take us intown to get  a few drinks at  a local bar.. then back to the ferry terminal.

Also keep in mind you are going in low season- so ferry will not be packed there should be plenty of space..  The bad thing about going during low season- is most long tails from phi phi don cannot get into maya bay through the opening... YOu have to go through the back entrance..  where you have to clime a rope latter..

Trust me- Wear a life jacket, the sea make look pretty but the sea is a monster. your long tail will anchor and you will have to swim to the rope latter.    again, even if you're a strong swimmer wear a life jacket.. the current is really strong.. and trying to climb the rope latter with smashing waves crashing into you is very very tiresome.

PS.  Bring atleast 1k Baht with you..  after you climb the rope latter- this is this thai guard that will charge you 800B to enter maya bay-- it's total BS and a scam and if you didnt bring money with you, you swam all that way and climbed the latter for nothing..

20 minutes ago, get0ffdanutzz said:

Also keep in mind you are going in low season- so ferry will not be packed there should be plenty of space..  The bad thing about going during low season- is most long tails from phi phi don cannot get into maya bay through the opening... YOu have to go through the back entrance..  where you have to clime a rope latter..

Trust me- Wear a life jacket, the sea make look pretty but the sea is a monster. your long tail will anchor and you will have to swim to the rope latter.    again, even if you're a strong swimmer wear a life jacket.. the current is really strong.. and trying to climb the rope latter with smashing waves crashing into you is very very tiresome.

PS.  Bring atleast 1k Baht with you..  after you climb the rope latter- this is this thai guard that will charge you 800B to enter maya bay-- it's total BS and a scam and if you didnt bring money with you, you swam all that way and climbed the latter for nothing..

good to know - thanks! ya, I've been in the sea a million times with rough waves, and I'm not a super strong swimmer. not fun at all. I always wear a life jacket unless I'm snorkelling in the shallows.

in cuba, I was following a huuuuuge moray eel once, for quite a long time. I eventually give up, turn aroundm and look back, I could barely make out the beach any longer. the waves were against me on the way back. I was scared shitless, and it was a treacherous trek back, took me a good part of an hour to hit land.. needless to say, I don't fuck with the sea anymore. never again without a life jacket. hahah. 

• 2 weeks later...

Viking Resort. Rustic bungalows with amazing views. Own stretch of sand you have to take a long tail boat to the action though (100b) but I fucking loved the little boat journey every evening to Tonsai. The food in the hotel restaurant is amongst the best I've had on the island. 

As it's low season and if you're looking for a bargain don't bother booking online. Wait till you get to phi phi and try some of the hotels close to the peir. Not a brilliant option as you're only there for a couple of days but there is bargains to be had this way. 

Everything on phi phi is just that little bit more expensive than the rest of Thailand, but there is a sort of mini food market behind the main strip of shops and restaurants. Here you can get real authentic Thai dishes for about 50 bhat a pop. Winner!

Archived