IGNORED

best pool in a mid priced hotel

cumulus

I hope to be in Pattaya towards the end of the year and am starting to have a look at hotels.  My ideal would be somewhere within a couple of blocks of the shore with a good pool in a garden type setting as well as all the normal requirements (I don't like rooftop pools for some reason).  I don't like to sleep to the mid afternoon and stay out all night so somewhere nice to chill out for a few hours each day with a book and a beer would be great.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Will 2800 to 3000 THB fit your budget? If so, try Baraquda but it is not 100% garden type. It is on second road almost right across the street of Avani.

baraquda.png

Thanks matrix.  Looks nice but just off the top end of mid priced in my book.

Anyone any opinions on Sabai Lodge ?

1 hour ago, cumulus said:

Thanks matrix.  Looks nice but just off the top end of mid priced in my book.

Anyone any opinions on Sabai Lodge ?

I haven't stayed in Sabai Lodge but how about 2k? Mercure Ocean Resort standard room is about that price. It has 2 pools but not 100% garden type.

post-42659-0-46146500-1420613956_thumb.jpg

post-42659-0-54722500-1420613783_thumb.jpg

Sabai Lodge has at least 3 pools and a few different room types. Their bungalow type room would meet your requirements but I think they charge around 2000 a night for those now.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

There is another Mercure hotel right behind Baraquda but I highly NOT RECOMMEND it. Only about 1500 THB.

5649_ho_00_p_346x260.jpg

I have stayed there several times and have to agree that the pool is amazing. The service is not the best but maybe that was because my friend had fucked one of the reception girls on the last trip (two weeks previously) and she thought they were in a relationship; until he brought back a joiner.......frosty reception at reception lol

I reckon The August Suites might do the trick...1200-1500 a room, nice and central location a block and a half from the beach with decent sized low level pool with a terrace and bar and bit of foliage round it....

Areca Lodge has 2 pools I think this one is the best and just across the road from LK Metro.

20170313_041852.jpg

The Hard Rock hotel had a nice big pool.  Not sure what your budget is going to be, but it is in the upper mid range.  It is a very nice, large pool, plus you are right at the beach road frontage area.

Hard Rock is fucking expensive - unless you're comparing with the Hilton or Wave.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Based on your requirements the following hotels comes to mind:

At Mind in soi AR close to 2nd (it's two of them now)

August Suites

Sandy Spring (no garden as I remeber but quiet and close to beach road)

On 5/16/2017 at 10:34 PM, PR1977 said:

I reckon The August Suites might do the trick...1200-1500 a room, nice and central location a block and a half from the beach with decent sized low level pool with a terrace and bar and bit of foliage round it....

I concur.

I actually stayed at both Sabai Lodge and August Suites and a bit of a pool fan. Sabai Lodge has 3 pools, but while they are generally bigger than the one at August Suites, I like the August Suites pool better.

August Suites pool:

5926d5e02780f_augustpool.thumb.jpg.2155f156377d05b8cea4c84a386b4573.jpg5926d5dccd80d_augustpool2.thumb.jpg.26fc975701ea3e3aa7b0dd569cebeffa.jpg

There's a certain something, a je ne sais quoi with August Suites pool and I find it the best in Pattaya. But that's just me.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

The Green park resort have prob the best pool in the town. It´s a nice place too relax.

http://greenparkpattaya.com/

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

19 minutes ago, Slugger said:

The Green park resort have prob the best pool in the town. It´s a nice place too relax.

http://greenparkpattaya.com/

Agree great pool but unfortunately eveywhere else is looking very dated and needs extensive refurbishment.

1 hour ago, overseas516 said:

Agree great pool but unfortunately eveywhere else is looking very dated and needs extensive refurbishment.

it was 10 years ago I stayed there, but if you will spend your time at the pool daytime is a perfect place.

Room is just for boom boom

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

Archived