IGNORED

Mid/low rate Central with after midnight book ins

Barhop

Hi all, 2nd post and hope I'm in the right area this time (although so many of you posted such excellent advice to my first travelling post in newbie section).

With just under a month to go, I even started a small alphabetical spreadsheet to help me sort through the possible accommodation bookings.  Really have spent many hours clicking on sites, as I'm sure so many of you have done in your searches.

The problem for me is that almost all of the places that seem ok, and I get close to sending some money to, close their reception / booking in at midnight. I arrive BKK early June2017 at 22:00 so have no hope of arriving at any Pattaya accommodation until after midnight for check in.  (First post resulted in great advice on the various taxis available, and thanks again - so many guys do arrive late night).  So am throwing up what I think would be good for me and hope for some suggestions:

1. Ability to check in after midnight (obvious must)

2. mid to low $$$

3. guest friendly

4. central area (thinking sniffing around Soi 6 at first) 

5. room safe (preferably digital)

6. and all the normal aircon, fridge, bathroom, kettle and >= Queen bed

Cheers :GiveBeer1:

So many options! Although a more specific budget would narrow it down. Under 1500 baht? Under 1000 baht?

If you don't want a pool and don't mind stairs, maybe one of the guesthouses around Buakhao area. Canterbury Tales, English Rose, Boomerang, China Garden, Honey Pot etc etc.

For hotels, maybe Flipper House Soi 7 or Flipper Lodge Soi 8.

Many others though. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

31 minutes ago, ALEXDELLARAY said:

How about April Suites

1. Ability to check in after midnight (obvious must)

Had checked April Suites and it said "until 12:00"  thanks anyway

51 minutes ago, davidge said:

Many others though.

Sifting through...thanks

But really was hoping for the guys who have personally done an after midnight check in to show some places that do after midnight check ins with no hassle.

3 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Sifting through...thanks

But really was hoping for the guys who have personally done an after midnight check in to show some places that do after midnight check ins with no hassle.

The guesthouses I mentioned are all members on here so will be able to answer you. Don't imagine it would be a problem with most of them.

Flippers certainly have 24 hour reception but I've not checked in at that time.

Nova Gold ticks all the boxes,

in town ">Best 1,000THB hotel in town 

Hi,

Would recommend that you pick your favorites and then send a message to the hotel about a late check-in.  I am sure that you will be accommodated.  Low season and they will not want to lose a paying customer.  

I will be arriving in Pattaya in less than three weeks and will probably not get a reservation until the last minute.  Have been looking at VT6 and LK the Empress and that area.  I have previously checked in and checked out of LK properties after midnight.

May see each other as it looks like we will be in town at same time.

Have a Great Day

15 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Nova Gold ticks all the boxes,

Saw they had a 24 hour front desk yet they also said "check in until midnight" (like they all bloody do!).  Anyway, liked the look of it, and location near Soi 6, so dug a bit deeper.  Checked Nova Gold price on their own website, very nice.  Had booked my flight with Expedia and found Nova Gold as an option with them and their price was <$A20 more for 12 nights so thought I may as well stay with them and booked.

The Expedia propaganda said to contact the hotel direct if arrival was >midnight.  Was getting real sick of this midnight check in business so called Expedia direct and asked if they would do the contacting.  On hold for a few minutes, he got onto an assistant manager who confirmed that would be ok and gave me her name after I asked :Party1:  Exceedingly polite guy on Expedia, pleasure to deal with them.

14 hours ago, George36 said:

I have previously checked in and checked out of LK properties after midnight.

15 hours ago, George36 said:

I have previously checked in and checked out of LK properties after midnight.

Previous reply got scrubbed?  You're swapping a wonderful San Diego summer for humid rain???  The girls and beer must be really special...:D

Just one observation, they may have 'check in until midnight' on their websites to show they hold the room for you if you are not there by 7 or 8pm. If you haven't turned up by midnight then they release the room as it is technically the next day.

As long as you contact them with your arrival time then I should imagine most places would physically check you in whatever the time.

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

s long as you contact them with your arrival time then I should imagine most places would physically check you in whatever the time.

Yes understood thanks.  It's the "contact them" that was a concern.  The options on the Nova Gold website advised "contact" as either US, UK or EU phone numbers, and no email address, which didn't fill me with confidence sitting on my bum in Adelaide.  So in the end was so happy having paid Expedia a few extra bucks over the Nova Gold rate and they did the "contacting".  Sweet now and the 2nd trip will be much easier.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Barhop said:

Previous reply got scrubbed?  You're swapping a wonderful San Diego summer for humid rain???  The girls and beer must be really special...:D

When you say it that way, it doesn't sound good. Lol.

Been away from mongering, except Tijuana, for nine years and figured it was time to get back.  Tried to schedule in April but life would not have it.  Then, the wife said let's do the summer.  Okay.  Lol.

Still, San Diego is nice.

5 hours ago, devee8 said:

We have a means to make special arrangements with guests for anytime of night arrival.

We have a means to make special arrangements with guests for anytime of night arrival.

3 different ways?

:Hello:

18 hours ago, George36 said:

Been away from mongering, except Tijuana

Passed through your way going to Tijuana quite a few times while working in LA for nearly 3 years and of course saw the excellent zoo and yes "San Diego is nice".  Got lucky with moving to Seattle under 2 to see the west coast from an entirely different aspect.  No internet, mobiles for me back then so you can guess how long ago.

Anyway will tack on a youtube song from 90's from local Adelaide band (no longer together) that may hopefully amuse your wife and yourself.  (Probably should have pasted it in one of the BJ sections) Devil's Cabaret - Please.mp3Devil's Cabaret - Please.mp3

Cheers, and may see you there...

Devil's Cabaret - Please.mp3

Archived