Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airbnb....any info?

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Guys, I plan on hitting Pattaya for a week in mid May, and in all probability I will take advantage of the outstanding bed and breakfast/delux room offer at the Nova Gold (around 1,000THB). However, the previous week I intend to take the missus+nipper+mother-in-law on a family holiday - this is usually in an upmarket hotel in the Jomtien/Pratumnak areas. This time, I am thinking of booking an apartment or small pool villa via Airbnb. Anyone ever use Airbnb...what's your experience?

I always use Airbnb and all positive experiences... But not in Thailand. There are just too many cheap hotels. Like any Airbnb.. Make sure the place you plan to rent have many positive reviews and you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Hi LW  I have used Airbnb last 5 visits to rent apartments , no problems at all . Just check the cancelation policy the owner can offer different kinds long term etc. Some require CCard others want payment on arrival . Stayed at the 66 condo , Cozy beach View , City Garden Wong Amat and The Pride behind the Avenue Mall and Centric Sea.

Will use again .

I've used AirBnB all over the world, inc Australia, Switzerland, Italy, USA and Thailand.  Good in all these places.  In Pattaya you'll find plenty of bargain priced condos on it that IMO are better than hotels if you're staying a couple of weeks or more.  Some people may reckon not having daily cleaning is a problem, but IMO you just have to make towel arrangements so you've clean ones on hand.  I've usually paid by card when I booked, and as as written above look out for cancellation policies which are not as easy-going as hotels. In Thailand I adjust the settings to get accom prices quoted in THB, to easily compare to hotels etc.

Some agents supply clean linen/towels every couple of days and cleaning ... all within the price paid. Watch out for the small print re leccy and water charges.

1 hour ago, Gone-east said:

Some agents supply clean linen/towels every couple of days and cleaning ... all within the price paid. Watch out for the small print re leccy and water charges.

I expect providing clean linen/towels is a normal rental agent sort of thing, not AirBnB?  Of course there may be AirBnB hosts with whom you may be able to make arrangements.  Perhaps it would suit you to go to eg Big C and just buy 2-4 extra towels in order to make washing them yourself not urgent - many condo blocks have a room full of washing machines downstairs somewhere, look in the accom details if this appeals to you.  Of course you want plenty of clean towels....

Registering a AirBnB account can be a bit of a pain because they want verified details, eg passport kind of thing.  I can't remember how it worked, but allow plenty of time for setting up an account.  I remember my wife grumbling for a couple of days about that.

i used airbnb last trip,(PATTAYA) no hassle whatsoever payed in advance so you know what to expect, price also includes services.

Some info on here

Keep in mind that it is technically illegal for people to offer rentals of their condo/apartment rooms via Airbnb unless rooms/property properly registered and all that legality mumbo jumbo is taken care of. The place I stayed even had posted signs on the elevator prohibiting such things, and to report anyone engaging in such activities. That said, it's just yet another one of those things in Pattaya (thankfully) where it seems most people don't really care and continue to offer their rooms for rent. I didn't put too much thought into it and had a fine stay on my trip.

Didn't have any fresh towels every few days as mentioned above. They did provide a few towels but it was up to me to clean the towels/bed sheets using the condo's laundry machine. I prepaid using credit card, and had zero problems with the room, the host, or the quality of the room (everything was great).

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Daily cleaning and/or towels/amenities are not included in the Airbnb price. Most hosts will provide a couple of towels as a courtesy though. If you put 1 guest, some might only provide only 1 towel too! If it is important to you and it is not in the description, you should definitely ask.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

There is an interesting video on bangkok addicts entitled 'air bnb illegal in Thailand' a expats experience in renting the condos.  Like QuotaMan mentioned noticed are placed saying its illegal to rent less than 1 month.  Hotels are lobbying against airbnb.  They have a lot of power due to the amount of people employed in the industry.  Here's the link

4 minutes ago, amo30 said:

There is an interesting video on bangkok addicts entitled 'air bnb illegal in Thailand' a expats experience in renting the condos.  Like QuotaMan mentioned noticed are placed saying its illegal to rent less than 1 month.  Hotels are lobbying against airbnb.  They have a lot of power due to the amount of people employed in the industry.  Here's the link

It is like this all over the world. In many countries it is a grey area. It depends how strictly the particular locality you are in enforces it.

Archived