IGNORED

Need help in hotel selection please

amo30

I have 3 weeks till wheels up so need help and advice where to stay and want to book it today.  I've got 15 days but I'm thinking last 2 days in Bangkok maybe.....

So my basic criteria is around £30 mark (1200 baht), very clean and modern, walk in shower and balcony.  Other things I like are sofa in room, gym, rain shower but can compromise on these. 

Here are my choices:

Adelphi hotel @ £32 (1360 baht)

Pro- Good location, has gym, very clean and modern.

Con- No sofa in room 

Centra by Avenue @ £29.70 (1260 baht)

Pro- excellent location, modern, clean, gym.

Con- Room is 21 sqm. 

Wild card-  ktk Royal residence

Pro- 39 sqm, kichenette area ( to warm pizza or takeaways the next day), clean, modern.  

Con- location not central enough.  They do have baht buses that are free.  Do they run every hour? 

So these are the ones that I am thinking of.  Neither have sofa but thats a compromise I'm willing to make unless someone can suggest something in this price range that has my essentials.  Also a pool is nice but I don't sunbathe so will just use it for relaxation.

So have u stayed at any of these and which would u choose... Or other suggestions welcome.  I need to book soon. 

Thanks in advance

Adam

Kyk Royal residence is £30 (1250 baht)

trebel-service-pattaya-apartment/hotel

Great place , clean and new . Location is very good imo but no gym , balcony or pool .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay at Adelphi hotel,if only for the reason that im staying there later in the year,so you can give a first hand account when you get back!:)There are rooms with sofas(i`ve booked one)but they are a bit more expensive,although all the other rooms look nice too!

12 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Stay at Adelphi hotel,if only for the reason that im staying there later in the year,so you can give a first hand account when you get back!:)There are rooms with sofas(i`ve booked one)but they are a bit more expensive,although all the other rooms look nice too!

Hey Vimto... Yes I read your topic on Adelphi and hence its in the running.  Yep the sofa rooms are coming in at £40 (1600 baht) which I feel are bit expensive.  This is just me being picky but I don't like their layout with their sofas either.  I prefer if u can see the tv from bed and sofa.

I do like the rooms in Ktk royal residence.  Just the location thing.  Do u rent push bikes in pattaya?  Haha might as well get some excercise too.

Centra Avenue also seems a good deal for £30.  On Agoda it is £46.  

If I can't decide I may need to split trip up 50% at one place and 50% at other.

Mate you can't go wrong with trebels at about £25 a night with sofa and bar in the room or about £20 without . Own little kitchen et and big smart tv . I stopped there in October and will be booking in again about this time next week .
It's the cleanest place I've stopped in Thailand for the money only refurbished last summer .
Added advantage often no one on reception so can get round the extra joiner fee if you fancy 2 girls one night .
If you can forgive the balcony and the gym/pool it really is my top choice for £20/25 a night .
Look it up on Agoda and the rooms look just like the pics , I've stopped in many that look good on Agoda only to find it's a shit hole .
Also added bonus when the bike shop shuts next door a nice guy sets up a lovely kebab stall for when your heading back to hotel late at night . I've had loads of girls say how nice the place is and they've seen quite a few hotel rooms .

Of the three mentioned I know of two of them.

KTK, a mate stayed there and I have been in the apart/hotel - very nice and the location is perfect if you like Soi 6. Courtesy bus runs every 30 minutes I believe - taxi-bike to LK 50THB.

Centra Avenue

38890438.jpg
38890442.jpg

: Stayed there many times, if you can get it for 30GBP (inc tax nad fees), I would take it. The rooms aren't 21sqm, they are 26sqm...not too bad (pic above).

1 hour ago, stephens07 said:

Mate you can't go wrong with trebels at about £25 a night with sofa and bar in the room or about £20 without . Own little kitchen et and big smart tv . I stopped there in October and will be booking in again about this time next week .
It's the cleanest place I've stopped in Thailand for the money only refurbished last summer .
Added advantage often no one on reception so can get round the extra joiner fee if you fancy 2 girls one night .
If you can forgive the balcony and the gym/pool it really is my top choice for £20/25 a night .
Look it up on agoda and the rooms look just like the pics , I've stopped in many that look good on agoda only to find it's a shit hole .
Also added bonus when the bike shop shuts next door a nice guy sets up a lovely kebab stall for when your heading back to hotel late at night . I've had loads of girls say how nice the place is and they've seen quite a few hotel rooms .

Thanks mate.  The rooms look really nice.  I take it the place is soi Bukahow ( can't ever spell that road).  The maps on Agoda are wrong... Its showing it being on South Pattaya rd, 200 metres further up from 3rd Road.  

Also whats the noise levels like?  Soi bukahow can be busy.  It does have a sofa, nice spacious, kitchenette, good location and rain shower.  Gym and balcony I can compromise on since Tony gym is up the road.  The price I'm getting for sofa room is £29 including taxes.  

Cheers and appreciate the help. 

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Of the three mentioned I know of two of them.

KTK, a mate stayed there and I have been in the apart/hotel - very nice and the location is perfect if you like soi 6. Courtesy bus runs every 30 minutes I believe - taxi-bike to LK 50THB.

Centra Avenue

38890438.jpg
38890442.jpg

: Stayed there many times, if you can get it for 30GBP (inc tax nad fees), I would take it. The rooms aren't 21sqm, they are 26sqm...not too bad (pic above).

Thanks Winna... I stayed at 247 boutique in soi honey because of your reccomendation.  Really enjoyed that stay.  

Not a really big Soi 6 guy.  Now hearing that there has been raids on walking st on short time places I'm less inclined to use those short time rooms incase the press turn up and I'm on Pattaya news with my pants down.  Some cute girls there so a hotel near there wouldn't be too a bad thing to take them back to.

I also like your other choice.  Nova gold.  For the price looks extremely good value.  Centra Avenue is through trip advisor and then link is get a room.  £30 including taxes seems a good price.  

I will decide by tomorrow... Thanks for input.   

Tell us what you decide!:)

I can do you a one bed for 1200tb a night VT2B one bed 75 sqm.

Take a look at my website:

PM me.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 08/04/2017 at 4:58 PM, vimto66 said:

Tell us what you decide!:)

Thanks guys for all the advice I've booked a place for my entire stay.  I thought I'd update you since Vimto and Lottellee Winna wanted to know.  I did put up a topic on whether to stay at Bangkok for a few days.  I decided against it from the beginning and go straight to Pattaya with an option of doing a day trip or maybe a couple of nights in Bangkok midway through my trip.  The hotel price was so cheap that I could still keep the Pattaya hotel and take a small holdall to Bangkok if I decide to go.  

The hotel was discounted by over 40% on agodal today.  It cost me 756 Baht a night.  Normally its 1386 Baht a night.  So I've booked entire 15 days there.  I'm 6750 baht under my budget.  It gives me the choice to go to Bangkok for a couple of days if I choose to go mid trip.  Or just add that to a partying night in Pattaya.

The hotel I will be staying at is R- con @ Siam.  It just off soi Bukhaow.  Reviews are it clean and modern.  Ticks neary all my boxes, sofa in room, balcony, pool, small gym and good location. 

Thanks for advice..

Adam

That came up on the blind side,well its in a good area,now thats booked its all systems go!

Sorry never got back to you , the noise is very good great sound insulation .It's on the corner of soi bukhaow and south Pattaya road . Just other side the road from the tukcom .
Anyway doesn't matter now , have a great time mate . Wheels up for me in 25 hours

Stayed Adelphi...great hotel nice room good balcony...the gym is small not worth the time Tony's Gym Soi Buckow is walking distance

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Adelphi is nice new hotel good balcony the gym is small not worth using but Tony's on Soi Buckow is walkable

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Archived