IGNORED

Assist an newbie on his first trip

liger79

Thanks all for taking a read.  

After a shit storm of will I, wont I, Can I, Can't I. I've decided to plump for a trip to patts in June. Checking with my boss to confirm i can have the dates off needed but i'm sure sometime in June will grand.  Flights are a marvelous €515 with BA. So the only thing i will need now is a place to stay. Having looked up some sites like Agoda.... its a minefield of choice and photo shopped room pics.

Here's what i'm looking for.

Girl Friendly of course... ( I've seen the debate here about what is true girl friendly, but lets say girl 1 free)

Decent bathroom.  I need a proper shower to be able to get a day started. 

Central location.  Saying that I don't know where anything is but convenient to most places would be good.

Price...... up to about €80....$85.....3000b   per night.

And not with a rep for taking a booking and dumping you into a different hotel

Lk Empress looks decent, are the pics valid.

All help welcome.  I have gone looking thru the forums but  its difficult to pin down information you need sometimes.

Thanks all for taking a read.  

After a shit storm of will I, wont I, Can I, Can't I. I've decided to plump for a trip to patts in June. Checking with my boss to confirm i can have the dates off needed but i'm sure sometime in June will grand.  Flights are a marvelous €515 with BA. So the only thing i will need now is a place to stay. Having looked up some sites like Agoda.... its a minefield of choice and photo shopped room pics.

Here's what i'm looking for.

Girl Friendly of course... ( I've seen the debate here about what is true girl friendly, but lets say girl 1 free)

Decent bathroom.  I need a proper shower to be able to get a day started. 

Central location.  Saying that I don't know where anything is but convenient to most places would be good.

Price...... up to about €80....$85.....3000b   per night.

And not with a rep for taking a booking and dumping you into a different hotel

Lk Empress looks decent, are the pics valid.

All help welcome.  I have gone looking thru the forums but  its difficult to pin down information you need sometimes.

Diana oasis is a great spot. Block d for 1600 bhat a night

Great modern room, big tv and massive shower.

It's close to LK Metro and for its Location, it is really quiet.

I have stayed there eight times and will be back again next week.

Pm me if you want contact details. Save the other money for pussy and drinking

Diana oasis is a great spot. Block d for 1600 bhat a night

Great modern room, big tv and massive shower.

It's close to lk metro and for its Location, it is really quiet.

I have stayed there eight times and will be back again next week.

Pm me if you want contact details. Save the other money for pussy and drinking yes 

totally agree with the op, nice place and great location.

i can also recomend Nature View near LK Metro, i stayed there last June.

The room is big so you do not feel crowded in there.

The bathroom is large with plenty of room for fun stuff.

Its girl friendly, atleast 1 girl at a time (did not try to bring back 2)

When you book with them, just make sure to book a Pool view room. As otherwise you might have some sound irretations from the street.

edit: forgot to add price, in June i payed 900 baht per night.

---------------------------
Here we go!!!

Areca Lodge

is an excellent hotel in your budget. Has a range of rooms, two pools, small gym, good breakfast.

See web site for location between Second Road and Soi Buakhao, both of which have 10 baht bus services: easy to get around.

About ten minutes stroll to Beach Road.

Lots of bars, restaurants, shops, go-go's in the general area.

Suggest book 2-3 nights to be sure you like it, then extend or move.

Good luck.

Before you even get on a Plane to the LOS, buy and download an E-book called 'Money Number One' to your Kindle E-Reading device. Read and absorb it. What you can learn from this book and the Threads on this Site could save you Time, Money and Trouble IF you apply what you have learned. Referring to the book while you are in Thailand is recommended and many Scenarios that you have pre-learned about will become self evident as each day passes. Otherwise... These girls will soon pick up on the Newbie Signals that you will be giving off, like a hungry Predator smells Game on the Wind. They will home in for the Kill and there will only be one winner (and it won't be You).

'Mind How You Go'

+1 on the areca,I'm also over there in June if you fancy a beer PM me

Only downside of the areca is shower over bath, but I love the pools and staff are great. 2 mins walk to catch a baht bus to Soi 6,7,8 etc and Walking Street and obviously a 30 sec walk to LK Metro from hotel

I`ve booked the Adelphi hotel (great reveiws) for july,so you can stay there and then report back with an up to date first hand account.....cant you :huh:

I`ve booked the Adelphi hotel (great reveiws) for july,so you can stay there and then report back with an up to date first hand account.....cant you :huh:

Vimto, you won't have any issues at the Adelphi I stay there back in August. Zero complaints it's got everything you could want.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Vimto, you won't have any issues at the Adelphi I stay there back in August. Zero complaints it's got everything you could want.

Yes i read your comments in the thread on the Adelphi that i started,its an hard choice to make sometimes.As i mentioned in that thread i had D hotel in my sights but finally plumped for Adelphi,and im increasingly glad i did,it does look nice!

Areca is very good and one of my favourites. 

Also stayed in 24/7 Boutique hotel in Soi Honey which is newish and well furnished. Bit cheaper than Areca. But if pool and pool side food and drink service are important for you the I'd firmly opt for the Areca Lodge

Yes i read your comments in the thread on the Adelphi that i started,its an hard choice to make sometimes.As i mentioned in that thread i had D hotel in my sights but finally plumped for Adelphi,and im increasingly glad i did,it does look nice!

I have opted for the D hotel in May. Looks alright for a wee laddie from Scotland haha

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I agree Areca would seem very good for your requirements, I stayed there many times in the past but now am a Guesthouse user, staying at what I consider to be one of the best. The "1" rooms are better than most rooms in many hotels at 25% the price and as I am too busy mongering I do not need the the pool or the gym.

June is low season. hotels are a bit cheaper then (girls are not). Dunno how much money you have to spend overall, but if you need to budget, keep in mind that around 1500 B gets you a pretty decent hotel. You can spend more money on the girls then.

Bullet has been bitten,  Flight for first trip booked and confirmed.

Do many people use Guesthouses? What would be the main differences between guesthouse and hotel. Excuse the stupid question. A board member was kind enough to pm me details of one guesthouse and some of the rooms look amazing. 

I've never been a pool type of guy.   A good bed, A good Shower and a safe. that it really.  Except this time i'd like to be able to bring a girl/girls back without running into trouble.

do the girls see a swankier room/hotel and think...... loaded, bump the price?

Do many people use Guesthouses? What would be the main differences between guesthouse and hotel. Excuse the stupid question. A board member was kind enough to pm me details of one guesthouse and some of the rooms look amazing. 

I've never been a pool type of guy.   A good bed, A good Shower and a safe. that it really.  Except this time i'd like to be able to bring a girl/girls back without running into trouble.

Guesthouses are usually rooms above a business.  So the main floor is a restaurant, or bar, or whatever business.  The owners/operators generate extra income by renting out rooms on the other floors.  Each guesthouse doesn't have that many rooms, around 4-8 per guesthouse.  Housekeeping may only be available up to 2 pm, say.  There is often no formal reception (the bar manager handles those duties).

Overall, I would say, guesthouses can be great value for the money.  Just be careful about the location of them.  The LK Metro area, for example, is full of guesthouses.  It's also full of bars, which makes the area very loud until the wee hours of the morning.

If i was booking a guesthouse Hideaway and boomerang bar would be my first choices,both have nice rooms,all the same price at hideaway cos all the rooms are the same size,boomerang has different size rooms and prices them accordingly! (i dont know,but its my guess the BM pm`d you details of one of these).

If you don't need a pool then a guesthouse is fine.

As for the price. You agree on the price before she comes to the room

If they try and bump up the price, tell her to fook off

I can recommend LK Royal Wing. Stayed there several times. Good rooms (big shower which you are looking for), well priced and girl friendly. Located a short walk down side soi on Soi Buakhao. Some good bars in walking distance such as Marquee. LK Metro is a baht bus ride away and a walk down Pattaya Klang to second road will take you to baht buses headed in the direction of Soi 6 and the soapies.

If you decide to go for a guest house my friends have stayed at Katesiree Residence on Soi Buakhao and were pleased with the accommodation there. Great location, right beside LK Metro. One thing to consider with guest houses is very few if any will have an elevator. Maybe I'm lazy but if my room was on the top floor I would grow tired of climbing the stairs up and down whilst on holiday.

I book through hotels.com, they have a good reward scheme where for every 10 nights booked a free night is added to your account for you to use in the future.

Archived