IGNORED

View Talay 6 November 2016

lakisscorpio

I've used Honey's for a one month stay the last couple of years. If you book daily or weekly rates you get your room cleaned daily and E&W included.  Book the cheaper monthly rate and you get one free complete cleaning a week. E&W also extra.  I was always able to bring my dirty towels down to the Honey's laundry and get them changed out no charge

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the confirmation email I received, electric and water charges are included in my rate.

On 2017-5-18 at 1:03 AM, kash buc said:

I've used Honey's for a one month stay the last couple of years. If you book daily or weekly rates you get your room cleaned daily and E&W included.  Book the cheaper monthly rate and you get one free complete cleaning a week. E&W also extra.  I was always able to bring my dirty towels down to the Honey's laundry and get them changed out no charge

"I was always able to bring my dirty towels down to the Honey's laundry and get them changed out no charge"

Hi  is it everyday you go down to get fresh towels? 

Vincent Law

"I was always able to bring my dirty towels down to the Honey's laundry and get them changed out no charge"
Hi  is it everyday you go down to get fresh towels? 

Yes, every day. You can probably even change them more than one time per day if needed.

good info here, as i am planning to stay in VT6 for my next trip.

just one question -

how different is it from staying in a hotel like sea me springs or Page 10 as i usually stay there....i was looking at booking.com and it says daily housekeeping...so i guess room will be cleaned daily and fresh towels everyday....

i have seen the pics and do want to stay there with a beautiful view from balcony...i will be there for 5 nights only....so should i stay there or book sea me springs sea view rooms?

1 hour ago, mickey_Patts said:

good info here, as i am planning to stay in VT6 for my next trip.

just one question -

how different is it from staying in a hotel like sea me springs or page 10 as i usually stay there....i was looking at booking.com and it says daily housekeeping...so i guess room will be cleaned daily and fresh towels everyday....

i have seen the pics and do want to stay there with a beautiful view from balcony...i will be there for 5 nights only....so should i stay there or book sea me springs sea view rooms?

With daily housekeeping it won't be any different really. You'll be in the most convenient condo location in Pattaya. The security guys usually don't take IDs of ladies you bring back is another thing that might be different.

9 hours ago, izzyg said:

Yes, every day. You can probably even change them more than one time per day if needed.

Thanks.

Vincent Law

On 5/16/2017 at 11:29 PM, Cheetos said:

i stayed in VT6 for 8 months. 8/16 to 4/17.  I stayed on the 26th floor , Walking Street side(south side). 48m studio. Rent was 30,000b per month and I paid for water and electricity on meter.  I rented from WA real estate on the third floor, first office on right hand side facing 2nd Road.  I enjoyed my stay there.  Quiet, but since my unit was ocean view and south side it gets plenty hot during the day.  Other then that no problems.  Oh yeah the rent included housekeeping 2 times per week which was adequate to my needs.  There is also coin laundry on the third floor which I used weekly.  Expect to pay more than what I did if you are renting for shorter time periods.

Bt30,000 for a 48sqm studio on 8 months duration is OTT.

33 minutes ago, Nongprue said:

I know, VT6 is pretty expensive.  I have heard of others renting there for less but they are renting directly from the owner and not renting from a management company.  The problem I face is how to find an owner in that complex with a unit for rent?

3 hours ago, Cheetos said:

I know, VT6 is pretty expensive.  I have heard of others renting there for less but they are renting directly from the owner and not renting from a management company.  The problem I face is how to find an owner in that complex with a unit for rent?

Looking around this week loads of them on AirBnB, some in the Pattaya property Facebook sites, others via intermediary and hotel booking sites etc.

The issue I have come across is that more than half the people renting them out don't own them, particularly the Thais. Even the westerners who do own some are also acting as de facto agents for properties they do not own.

Whilst the law allows owners to collect rents without a work permit on their own property, it does not allow them to act as agents for other owners without the correct paperwork. I am not too bothered about this distinction but so desperate are some to earn a coin, maybe even just a couple of thousand baht, that they gloss over detail and get uptight when you press for what should be readily available information.

2 hours ago, Nongprue said:

Looking around this week loads of them on AirBnB, some in the Pattaya property Facebook sites, others via intermediary and hotel booking sites etc.

The issue I have come across is that more than half the people renting them out don't own them, particularly the Thais. Even the westerners who do own some are also acting as de facto agents for properties they do not own.

Whilst the law allows owners to collect rents without a work permit on their own property, it does not allow them to act as agents for other owners without the correct paperwork. I am not too bothered about this distinction but so desperate are some to earn a coin, maybe even just a couple of thousand baht, that they gloss over detail and get uptight when you press for what should be readily available information.

Thanks for mentioning Nongprue,  I was not aware of non owners acting as owners and renting those properties.  In this case Renter beware.  

On 5/13/2017 at 1:05 AM, Piece Corp said:

I lived there 2 years, before it filled up with short timers.  It was a great place to live then.  Here's my room, 26th floor Walking Street side.

Thanks for info, also you are my hero!!!

On 12/21/2016 at 7:03 PM, Nando9999 said:

Great place to stay, but what you get would have a bit to do with how long youre staying and who you book with.

I booked with Cando, they cleaned once per week, on a month long stay in November.

Last time I stayed with them, in low season, I had to pay for cleaning, they didnt include it at all in the cheaper rate.

Great info, I looked at Cando and they have a lot of properties. I may have waited to long to get some of the more popular ones. Still lot of options. Coming in late June for about 3 weeks.

2 hours ago, txman said:

Great info, I looked at Cando and they have a lot of properties. I may have waited to long to get some of the more popular ones. Still lot of options. Coming in late June for about 3 weeks.

Between all the agents I'm sure you'll find something suitable, I'm easily pleased but my main aim is reasonably high floor and walking St side,  from there you get a decent view of the water and the noise below has never been at an irritating level, but I snore so nothing except myself usually wakes me :P

Thanks, I here that, after a night out i usually have no problem sleeping myself. Always carry earplugs just in case.

I was Everytime satisfied  in vt6....also booked at Honeys .... daily  roomservice is  not really necessary, and sometimes  they forget... nur all in all ist pretty good

Moved into Vt6 yesterday for the next few weeks. One bedroom condo on 24th floor looking North. Since it is third condo from Beach Road. I have a wonderful view of Naklua & Wong Amat Beach.

Read more at: http://www.bangkok.com/pattaya/naklua/?cid=ch:OTH:001

It was interesting to see boats stranded at low tide and floating at high tide.

The place has two balconies and I'm sitting here typing as day breaks.

People ask, "What do you do during the day?" Central Festival Mall next door can provide some answers.

It rivals any mall in the world. It has theatres with VIP seating and the most advanced technology in their seats.

Bowling alley and electronics, computers to use and other interactive technology. It is an amazing place with six stories.

I will say that it has EVERY type of food in the world. It was amazing the amount of choices at good prices.

This is where you buy quality products to take home:

http://www.centralfestival.co.th/index.php

Rented from Dancewatchers and includes weekday service with change out of linens and all towels daily. All in, 3000 baht a night.

Have a Great Day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 5/22/2017 at 3:51 PM, Nongprue said:

I'd like to hear from you at 1,000 per night, center of beach road, high floor seaview, what options you can provide, so we can know what isn't OTT.  This would help the rest of us looking for cheaper options which you obviously have intel on.

1 hour ago, dirkdeee said:

I'd like to hear from you at 1,000 per night, center of beach road, high floor seaview, what options you can provide, so we can know what isn't OTT.  This would help the rest of us looking for cheaper options which you obviously have intel on.

I would like to know too! 

On 5/31/2017 at 9:22 AM, George36 said:

Moved into Vt6 yesterday for the next few weeks. One bedroom condo on 24th floor looking North. Since it is third condo from Beach Road. I have a wonderful view of Naklua & Wong Amat Beach.

Rented from Dancewatchers and includes weekday service with change out of linens and all towels daily. All in, 3000 baht a night.

I have used DW a few times.  I always opt for the weekday daily cleaning (as I only rent for approx 2 weeks) and I generally get them to come around 2pm as I will most likely be out and about by then.  You have to fend for yourself Sat/Sun.

Regarding towels....

All the apartments I have stayed in with DW have had a minimum of a dozen towels in the cupboard.

So I have never run out of towels during a particular 'busy' day and would be topped up again anyway when housekeeping come around.

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

I have used DW a few times.  I always opt for the weekday daily cleaning (as I only rent for approx 2 weeks) and I generally get them to come around 2pm as I will most likely be out and about by then.  You have to fend for yourself Sat/Sun.
Regarding towels....
All the apartments I have stayed in with DW have had a minimum of a dozen towels in the cupboard.
So I have never run out of towels during a particular 'busy' day and would be topped up again anyway when housekeeping come around.

Ditto to the above except I only have ten towels. Lol. They clean at noon for me.

It is great having Central Festival next door. Saw Pirates of the Caribbean today and people watched for a couple of hours in cold, cold air conditioning.

Must have looked funny today carrying a coat with me. Needed it during the movie and somewhat in the mall.

I like to walk in San Diego and find walking the six stories of the mall is great. Get exercise and people watching in without the heat, sun, uneven sidewalks and humidity of outside.

Then. I have a Diary Queen ice cream. Life is good.

17 hours ago, dirkdeee said:

But you don't look at long term rentals as a per day charge do you ? It is a monthly cost and Bt30,000 is about what you would pay for a single month (currently cheaper).

When you rent it for 8 months, you get a jackpot sized discount to the daily rate.

Bt20k to Bt25k long term rate and looking at how many are empty right now, I'd say someone would be mad to refuse a Bt20k offer and even Bt18k might not be out of order for a 12 month term.

The town is dead. I am on the ground.

I'd say someone would be mad to refuse a Bt20k offer and even Bt18k might not be out of order for a 12 month term.

I believe the disagreemment is about comparing apples and oranges.

Can you get a low floor, smallish condo with no view or ambience for less than 1k baht on long term lease? Yes, I looked at a few.

Can you get a 24th floor, beautiful one bedroom condo and wonderdul views for the same? Absolutely not. Simple reason it cost more to maintain and, more importantly, the supply is low for the better condos and the demand is high.

As to the "being mad not to accept" idea. Makes sense normally but not a reality in Pattaya as most all condos are managed by non-owners and property managers do not want to tell owners that they must take cheap amount or stay empty.

They would loss face. Better to say just no customers. Also, then, they do not have to worry about damages.

Plus, negotiating of this type with property managers would be extremely difficult unless you spoke the language.

Just my opinions as I am presently reclining on my couch looking down on the beach and Naklua.

Btw, the free Wi-Fi is superb and fast.

Have a Great Day

4 hours ago, Nongprue said:

But you don't look at long term rentals as a per day charge do you ? It is a monthly cost and Bt30,000 is about what you would pay for a single month (currently cheaper).

When you rent it for 8 months, you get a jackpot sized discount to the daily rate.

Bt20k to Bt25k long term rate and looking at how many are empty right now, I'd say someone would be mad to refuse a Bt20k offer and even Bt18k might not be out of order for a 12 month term.

The town is dead. I am on the ground.

No, you're right, I'm looking at long term so 1,000/day or 30,000 mth is the same thing.  I'll still be interested in options at 25k or 20k and even more so 18k rental on something close to 48 sq.m condo, center of Beach Rd on high floor with seaview.  In my previous searches, "the town is dead" filter never seemed to help. 

13 hours ago, dirkdeee said:

No, you're right, I'm looking at long term so 1,000/day or 30,000 mth is the same thing.  I'll still be interested in options at 25k or 20k and even more so 18k rental on something close to 48 sq.m condo, center of Beach Rd on high floor with seaview.  In my previous searches, "the town is dead" filter never seemed to help. 

I think it is a bit like the cost of girls argument.

If you are 6000 miles away then the girls hit you up with their going rate or above and are dishing the same information out to lots of people.

Contrast that with someone on the ground who can drop by or call up on the day and it puts them in a position to say no or accept a figure which disappears if you go elsewhere and like a plane seat, once the bird takes off, you cannot sell that seat.

My pre arrival research brought up all the regular prices but when on the ground the other day, I was able to get offers from AirBnB and from condo adverts which would not have been available had I been on the other side of the world.

Not available in a busy season I agree and some do not discount but as an investor owner elsewhere, whilst you may not publicise your reduced prices widely, you do sometimes take what is on the table there and then.

Even a couple of Thai middlemen "agents" were willing to call the owners to get a new price.

Just on the ground experience from the last week.

Archived