IGNORED

Sukumvit recommendation - Rembrandt?

Scrambled

Will be in BKK next weekend. Usually stay at Majestic Grand which is in my budget and for location. Appears to be some building works at the moment so looking at other options. hotel has to be girl friendly. Any feedback on the Rembrandt? Or any other similar hotels around that area? Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Rembrandt not GF, confirmed via email in Feb 2017:

Dear Mr.,

Please be informed that the additional charge for joiner is THB 1,000.- net per person per night as per our official policy.

Best regards,

Parichat C. (Ms.)

Reservation Supervisor

Rembrandt not GF, confirmed via email in Feb 2017:

Dear Mr.,

Please be informed that the additional charge for joiner is THB 1,000.- net per person per night as per our official policy.

Best regards,

Parichat C. (Ms.)

Reservation Supervisor

Even if u have booked a room for 2 people?

Even if u have booked a room for 2 people?

I simply asked if there was a fee for bringing a girl back to my room and this is the response I got. Not very welcoming and a room for 2 people is pretty standard. I contacted a few hotels with the same question and most (actually all of them I think) said right away that there was no fee for a joiner or in a few places explained their policy (like you can bring back ONE person and then pay X amount).

Still, you can try contacting them if you really want to stay there and let us know what they say. They wrote back pretty quickly. Shame because it seems nice and they had a good price, but I prefer to stay in a place with a clear GF policy where I know for a fact that there that there will be no issues when I come back with a guest and no demands for money. And there's no shortage of those around Bangkok and in that area. 

I simply asked if there was a fee for bringing a girl back to my room and this is the response I got. Not very welcoming and a room for 2 people is pretty standard. I contacted a few hotels with the same question and most (actually all of them I think) said right away that there was no fee for a joiner or in a few places explained their policy (like you can bring back ONE person and then pay X amount).

Still, you can try contacting them if you really want to stay there and let us know what they say. They wrote back pretty quickly. Shame because it seems nice and they had a good price, but I prefer to stay in a place with a clear GF policy where I know for a fact that there that there will be no issues when I come back with a guest and no demands for money. And there's no shortage of those around Bangkok and in that area.

Thanks. I'm booked for a couple of nights later in the month. Would seem logical that if only 2 stay there would be no charge but not the sort of thing u want to be arguing about at 3am at reception.

Going by their quick and blunt response to you it sounds like they are not big fans of guys bringing back a different love of your life every night.

Maybe I'll just wait to get to Pattaya.

As far I recall, Rembrandt is more family/tourist type hotel.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Grand President Sukhumvit 11

is a large hotel with a range of rooms. Excellent breakfast.

Definitely GF, no visitor charge. But I do tip the security man; he checks you are OK before he returns the girl's ID card.

Archived