IGNORED

Staying in Jomtien?

kevinqew

How convenient it is to stay in jomtien and visit WS and Soi 6 daily.

Probably do some travelling in the morning and mongering in evening.

Is it easy to take the baht bus two and fro.

How convenient it is to stay in jomtien and visit WS and soi 6 daily.

Frequent baht buses to and fro. 10 bahts one way to corner of Second Road near Walking Street.

If you are going north up Second Road to the end of Soi 6 (or back via Beach Road), an additional 10 bahts are due.

Travel time varies with the traffic; averages about 10-15 minutes but sometimes slower.

I have stayed in Jomtien three times and had no problems in getting about.

My first experience of staying in Jomtien is here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/275259-jomtien-my-very-rough-guide/

I've stayed again since then and am staying there again in a few weeks.

No problem getting baht buses to and from Pattaya as long as you are near the beach road in Jomtien, or Thappraya on the way in, and not inland of second road - where lots of condos have been built!

There can be a lot of traffic in the evening so it sometimes takes 30 minutes to get from Jomtien to around Royal Garden.

To get to Soi 6 you may get there on one baht bus (I'd pay 20 baht if so) but a lot turn when they get to Central Road so you'd then need to get another - or walk.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Jomtien is more relaxed.

Nirvana Boutique is really nice.  

Traffic to and from Pattaya is a pain in high season around Xmas....annoying if you are a party hard type.

Nowadays I stay South Pattaya - Residence Garden, Mr Macs, Nova Platinum,  and others.  5 minutes to Jomtien, 10 minutes from most of Pattaya on baht bus or motocytaxi.

I stayed there for 2 years and much preferred the slower pace.....depends what you like

It's a pain in the arse,once you get near to pattaya the traffic can be shit.

If you are going to spend your time in pattaya i would just stay in pattaya

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

How convenient it is to stay in jomtien and visit WS and soi 6 daily.

Can I ask why you're considering Jomtien? If it's hardcore mongering in the evenings some girls consider Jomtien too far away. I do like Jomtien however as a place to live but would go for Pattaya every time if visiting

Any nice quiet hotels to recommend in Jomtien?

Away from the big hotels that cater towards the Chinese and Russian tour groups.

Like to be near the bahtbus routes too.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Away from the big hotels that cater towards the Chinese and Russian tour groups.

Try Sun Sky Resort.

Try Sun Sky Resort.

Thanks and have seen that before as next to Rich man Poor man restaurant.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I've heard good things about Silver Sand Villa.

Between Soi 7 and 8.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks and have seen that before as next to Rich man Poor man restaurant.

Villa Navin looks good too on beach road with a pool.

Nirvana Boutique hotel is one of the best value hotels I stayed.  I stayed at View Talay Villas for a few times.  It was not the best value but I enjoyed a private swimming pool. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks , just a note about a hotel I have been to a few times it's called the 

hotel information" rel="external">Zing Resort & Spa . The zing resort and spa is in the gay sector of Jomtien but you don't have to be gay to stay there and seems family friendly. Prices for the most basic rooms are excellent and are as low as £20 sometimes less if you buy at right time. Facilities in the hotel are good and the rooms very simple but classy. Service is excellent and the room cleaned and everything replenished every day. Included are  a large swimming pool and spa with basic exercise equipment also an ok restaurant. The hotel is Lady friendly but depending who is working the night shift might ask for a fee if you want to take more than one lady to your room which is 500 Bhatt. If you going to treat yourself not a big deal in my opinion . I would try to sneak one in on the sly ( he he) Thanks for the tip on the hotel - Nirvana Boutique Suites hotel I was nearly going to cancel my stay at the zing hotel. The zing hotel is at the junction of thappraya going to beach road and is convenient for beach and transport into town also day trips out of town. All the best everyone Jim from Scotland

IMG_20141223_202819.jpg

Archived