Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How to Book Guesthouse

tywhatitdo

Hey fellas I'm taking my maiden voyage to Pattaya! I'm so very excited but I got an issue I hope someone can straighten me out on. I fly into Bangkok after Midnight so it will be the 30th of November. With a bit over 1 hour taxi ride from BKK, I should be in Pattaya by 2am to 3am, so do I book a guest house for November 29th or the 30th? Are there any recommendations on guesthouses with 24 hour reception? I'd hate to make a booking and get to the lobby with no one to check me in.

Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check in is same for guest houses as hotels and unless you want spend a night on the street you book for for the 29th.

Never stayed at a guest  house with reception but get information about check-in procedure directly from whatever guest house you a booking at. Often it's a sleeping granny that'll hand you the key and go back to coma and good advice is to store cell # to an Eglish speaking contact on your smart.

Check in is same for guest houses as hotels and unless you want spend a night on the street you book for for the 29th.

Never stayed at a guest house with reception but get information about check-in procedure directly from whatever guest house you a booking at. Often it's a sleeping granny that'll hand you the key and go back to coma and good advice is to store cell # to an Eglish speaking contact on your smart.

Thanks for the info, I haven't had a vacation or booked a hotel in many many years. Do you think since I'm coming in so late it would be better to just spend that first night in Bangkok?

Thanks for the info, I haven't had a vacation or booked a hotel in many many years. Do you think since I'm coming in so late it would be better to just spend that first night in Bangkok?

Really hard to tell what's best arriving late but personally I would go to Pattaya and get settled in.

Mail with the place you have in mind  or call them prior to booking to make sure someones there to let you in upon arrival but yeah, spending first night a hotel in Bang Na (BKK airport district) could be an option,

Left it late to book!

I'd go straight to Pattaya.

Pre-book a taxi with one of the lady drivers on here eg namstaxipattaya.com

Here's a few guesthouses recommended on here:

Guesthouses:

http://www.canterburytalescafe.com/UK/Guesthouse.php

http://englishrosepattaya.com

http://www.chinagardenpattaya.com

http://www.boomerangpattaya.com

http://www.i-rovers.com

Hopefully, one will have availability?

There are others.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Left it late to book!

I'd go straight to Pattaya.

Pre-book a taxi with one of the lady drivers on here eg namstaxipattaya.com

Here's a few guesthouses recommended on here:

Guesthouses:

http://www.canterburytalescafe.com/UK/Guesthouse.php

http://englishrosepattaya.com

http://www.chinagardenpattaya.com

http://www.boomerangpattaya.com

http://www.i-rovers.com

Hopefully, one will have availability?

There are others.

Did I wait late? Isn't still low season? I've been reading it's still slow there right now & I hope it's still slow when I arrive. Too bad I wasn't able to visit in October like I wanted to. Thanks for the list of guesthouses I'll contact them [emoji106]

Arriving right at the end of November and not booked 18 days before? Yes, that's leaving it late :-)

No problem finding somewhere but the end of your stay will be right into high season.

I'm sure if you post your dates on here then BM's who are guesthouse owners will say if they have availability.

I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway ;-)

if you look at most hotel/guesthouse websites you'll see the check in/out times-usually 2pm check in and noon checkout so where ever you choose book for the 29th Nov but tell them you will check in  late......very late in your case!

Don't forget all hotels/guesthouses want cash up front for the duration of your stay.....at 3am simply tell them you don't have the money until the banks open again.

Hey fellas I'm taking my maiden voyage to Pattaya! I'm so very excited but I got an issue I hope someone can straighten me out on. I fly into Bangkok after Midnight so it will be the 30th of November. With a bit over 1 hour taxi ride from BKK, I should be in Pattaya by 2am to 3am, so do I book a guest house for November 29th or the 30th? Are there any recommendations on guesthouses with 24 hour reception? I'd hate to make a booking and get to the lobby with no one to check me in.

Thanks...

Place is 24 hours and is central to all your needs

Give me a call and I'll see what I can do for you..

Alan

ER

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

English Rose is a good option for a newbie as it's located in a good spot and the owner will be able to point you in the right direction to where you need to go.

How long you coming for?if 2 weeks or more i would spend a night or two in bangkok personally as there is a lot to see and do.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes definitely book for the 29th or you'll have to wait until 2pm the next day (30th) to check-in. 

Pretty much all guesthouse's have a 24hr reception at the front desk.....you shouldn't have any problem there. 

English Rose , Ticks all the right boxes ,  go for it, you cant go wrong .  Great English owned guest house Alan will take care of you. highly recommended.. :GoldenSmile1:

English Rose is a good option for a newbie as it's located in a good spot and the owner will be able to point you in the right direction to where you need to go.

How long you coming for?if 2 weeks or more i would spend a night or two in bangkok personally as there is a lot to see and do.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

English Rose , Ticks all the right boxes ,  go for it, you cant go wrong .  Great English owned guest house Alan will take care of you. highly recommended.. :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks guys for putting my name out there, very appreciated.

OP, If your still looking for a room from the end of November I still have 2 rooms...

1st floor big room at 800 per day to the 25th/12

Standard room 3rd floor at 750 per day to the 17th/12

As usual these prices are inclusive of water and electrics and as mentioned before, the reception is open 24 hours.

If I can help, either call or PM me.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

IMO, stay in Bangkok overnight and head straight for Soi Cowboy or Nana. If you go to Pattaya, everything will be pretty much closed (except the discos).

I'd stay the night in Bangkok and go to Pattaya the next day.

Robw

Hey thanks for all the info guys, I decided to stay in Bangkok on the first night but I still haven't booked a room there. I have a gut feeling my flight will have a few delays so I may not need a room, just plan on going around and eating/site seeing at least until the Bus starts running that takes you to Pattaya. If my flights are super delayed then maybe I will just chill at the airport. I booked my stay in Pattaya on Agoda and I have another question. I check out of my hotel room by noon and my flight doesn't leave BKK until the next morning. I haven't booked anything in Bangkok for that final day. Should I? Or is Bangkok a place where a room is easy enough to come by? My last day will probably be very chill with just a soapy in BKK n lots of sleep in my room.

Hey thanks for all the info guys, I decided to stay in Bangkok on the first night but I still haven't booked a room there. I have a gut feeling my flight will have a few delays so I may not need a room, just plan on going around and eating/site seeing at least until the Bus starts running that takes you to Pattaya. If my flights are super delayed then maybe I will just chill at the airport. I booked my stay in Pattaya on Agoda and I have another question. I check out of my hotel room by noon and my flight doesn't leave BKK until the next morning. I haven't booked anything in Bangkok for that final day. Should I? Or is Bangkok a place where a room is easy enough to come by? My last day will probably be very chill with just a soapy in BKK n lots of sleep in my room.

Stupid idea, worst thing you could do, you ask for advice and don't listen to anyone

Good luck I think your going to need it

A bit more blunt than I was going to be!

However, OP, my take:

You've started a few threads over several months but seem to have ignored most of the advice given.

You appear to have decided to use bus rather than taxi in order to save a relatively small amount of money. The flights you've booked (crap flights to save a little money) don't fit in with using the bus so you're now planning to hang around Bangkok for hours & hours coming in and going out, for little benefit just to use the bus, You've asked more than once for advice on accommodation then gone and booked somewhere (no idea where) on Agoda ignoring most of the advice.

I expect you'll ignore this as well, but:

your flights are booked so too late to change that, BUT, book a taxi to take you to & from Pattaya to meet your flights. Book your Pattaya hotel for an extra night each end of your trip.

Overall, this will cost you little more than 2 nights in Bangkok and bus.

Hope you have a great time but have a feeling there may be a few 'incidents' along the way!

A bit more blunt than I was going to be!

However, OP, my take:

You've started a few threads over several months but seem to have ignored most of the advice given.

You appear to have decided to use bus rather than taxi in order to save a relatively small amount of money. The flights you've booked (crap flights to save a little money) don't fit in with using the bus so you're now planning to hang around Bangkok for hours & hours coming in and going out, for little benefit just to use the bus, You've asked more than once for advice on accommodation then gone and booked somewhere (no idea where) on Agoda ignoring most of the advice.

I expect you'll ignore this as well, but:

your flights are booked so too late to change that, BUT, book a taxi to take you to & from Pattaya to meet your flights. Book your Pattaya hotel for an extra night each end of your trip.

Overall, this will cost you little more than 2 nights in Bangkok and bus.

Hope you have a great time but have a feeling there may be a few 'incidents' along the way!

Umm.. there were suggestions on both sides.. Just because he didn't take YOUR suggestion doesn't mean it is a bad idea!

Don't worry. There will be plenty of hotel rooms available in both Bangkok and Pattaya (if you are not too picky)! Just walk up to reception.

Mancity & Davidge, you both seem like the type of people who would slap a sandwich out of someone's hands because they didn't take your advise on a high end steakhouse. I would think you would be sophisticated enough to think maybe this guy brings a sandwich made at home because he can't afford to eat out; instead of being so pissed over nothing. I've taken all the advice from this forum and I am using everything I can within the confines of my budget. Davidge you stated you saw my past posts, well did you see them all? I've been on the forum for many years and had several chances to go to Thailand over the years but had things happen. I was fucked over by the recession, so now that my trip is on the horizon I am going to go even though I may not have the big budgets like some of you I just want to go before the next set back comes and makes me postpone the trip again. Trump will be president soon and another recession may be on it's way. Either way I hope you two get out of your egos and take a step back before you decide to slap the sandwich out of someone's hands.

I booked a cheap ass flight but I DID take BM's advice by NOT taking any airlines with the name China in it due to poor customer service.

I'm choosing to take the bus to Pattaya instead of the taxi because I can't check into the hotel until 2pm either way. So I can bullshit around Bangkok with my backpack on or chill in Pattaya with my backpack on, same difference. If I didn't get enough sleep on the plane then I will get a hotel in Bangkok and sleep well at which point I will take a taxi to Pattaya. Most every scenario I have in my head has a plan A, B, & C.

PS: I appreciate all the people who spent the time to give me some advice I NEED IT, maybe you've taken plenty of trips but this is my first international trip & I'm doing it alone & on a bit of a budget. It's scary shit! But I need it and my repayment to everyone will be to write a detailed trip report focused specifically on expenses and experiences. Rant Over....

Umm.. there were suggestions on both sides.. Just because he didn't take YOUR suggestion doesn't mean it is a bad idea!

I wasn't simply talking about this thread. There have been several (long) threads by the OP going back quite a while, A lot of BM's have given a lot of advice. Makes no difference to me if he ignores what I say - there are different ways of doing things in Thailand. Overall though he seems to have ignored about 99% of advice.

I hope he has a really great time - genuinely!

Just have a sinking feeling he's going to encounter a few problems along the way.

It wouldn't astound me if he fell in lust early in his trip, spent all his money and ended up surviving on instant noodles.

Spending 12-16 hours just hanging around at each end of the trip simply to avoid booking a room for 2 more nights isn't exactly going to enhance the experience either. I'm also not sure I'd want to get off a plane exhausted then wander around a strange city with my passport, money etc for hours.

I appreciate he's on a budget, nothing wrong with that. It's just that sometimes there are false economies. I learned that the hard way in some of my early trips!

Anyway, the OP obviously isn't going to listen to me, or most other people, but I hope he at least touches base with a BM bar manager or 2 so he has someone to hold his hand.

Archived