Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Opey de place

Toon Turner

It's been a few years that I have stayed there as well. And the rooms were adequate but old and needed a Reno.

They had safety deposit boxes at reception when I was there. Pool was okay, not great. Better options in the area and I would not stay there again.

Feb 2016, safe was in the room.

I don't know if this applies to all rooms, but at least its up to date information

According to their website they have safes in all the rooms.

Robw

According to their website they have safes in all the rooms.

They probably used this upgrade to help justify their high season price hike a few years ago.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Cheers might book opey mainly because of location short walk to lk but a quieter to get some sleep when needed cheers

Book for a few nights at first , you might be glad you did . to much accomadation in that area . no worries,,

They probably used this upgrade to help justify their high season price hike a few years ago.

I've booked there for next trip,maybe I should change hotels.

There's some negative replies here.

Robw

As I've said my only deal breaker with Opey are the granite mattresses. Also possibly wifi as I wasn't using wifi last time I stayed so I don't know if it could run my tv box. It's a shame because the location for me is probably the best.

As I've said my only deal breaker with Opey are the granite mattresses. Also possibly wifi as I wasn't using wifi last time I stayed so I don't know if it could run my tv box. It's a shame because the location for me is probably the best.

Agreed,the location was the main reason I picked it.

Robw

Agreed,the location was the main reason I picked it.

Me too and my TG was cashier in the bar opposite. Strange old trip that one 555

Edit.

And the Xmas/NY price was good until as somebody said in an earlier post, hiked the price 30%

Me too and my TG was cashier in the bar opposite. Strange old trip that one 555

Edit.

And the Xmas/NY price was good until as somebody said in an earlier post, hiked the price 30%

Small world.

Robw

Yes , your not wrong imo.

To low rent for me,  I looked at rooms,  seem to be worn badly. , room condition same with Sutus court 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 .  and no room safe , again furniture worn paint issues, I passed. , Many good guest houses in the area  I liked  "English Rose " balcony room great value , see site..  , you can have a swim at many of the more expensive nicer hotels for a few BHT .

Thanks again mate for the positive comments.

See you next time you're in town.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Thanks again mate for the positive comments.

See you next time you're in town.

Cheers

Alan.

In 2017 Alan , hope so mate thanks.. Anyone who wants a nice stay English Rose ticks all the right boxes . Good sized very comfortable room, Location, and very good value for money .. :Clap9: 

Went in here Opey-de-place looking for a room with my mate also wanting a room and we were quoted 25.000 baht

for next May 2017 and no inroom safes

Seems very expensive to me for outdated hotel and rooms in low season.

We will be giving this place a big miss.

Then again it must be popular as they could not even show us a room because they were full up.

Went in here looking for a room with my mate also wanting a room and we were quoted 25.000 baht

for next May 2017 and no inroom safes

Seems very expensive to me for outdated hotel and rooms in low season.

We will be giving this place a big miss.

Then again it must be popular as they could not show us a room because they were full up.

just to clarify......not the English Rose

ER

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Stayed at Opey de place my last 5 trips. Great friendly staff and the pool is good. Plenty of areas to sit out of the sun. Room safes as well. Rooms are ok for the price you pay. Let's face it, your only in the room for sleeping and sex.

I knew I was doing something wrong

This place is decent BUT is a touch dated and for the price you could possibly get better. I like the Thai food and the pool is fine. I lived in Bangkok and would use it on weekends and on some extended stays, I also liked the staff. 

I have been into Nature View but have never stayed. Are they on Agoda/Booking? I can't find them. 

Archived