Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Centric Sea- Review - some pics too

HimBadMan

8/27-9/10

This was my two year anniversary trip and my 8th different place stayed. This was trip #7 & I'm still trying to find my "sweet spot". My last trip in May; I met a buddy who gave it good reviews and I didn't even know it existed. So sound a deal on Airbnb for my 13 night stay: came out just under 1300 bht a night...

Trip 1- Sea me too

Trip 2 VT6

Trip 3 Page 10 and Hard Rock

Trip 4. August Suites

Trip 5 March hotel

Trip 6 Areca Lodge

None of the above hotels made me think "this is the one" each had its pros and cons but nothing special that I wanted to stay again .

So Centic Sea... would you be my fav? I made sure to book a room in tower A; with a balcony that over looked Walking Street area and the sea. The room also had private wifi which was super fast.

Security was amazing.. never asked for girls ID's and that's a plus for me. It's annoying and bothersome to me. All my trips so far and all the ladies I took home; they were all respectful and honest. during my 1st few trips, when I long timed a few and found out they sleep all day; I would leave them in my room for hours while I go to the gym and never had as inssue. (Keep Any valuables in the safe). Well now I rarely long time unless it's one of my regulars (have a few amazing ones rotation). :)

Yes, the room was small; but perfect for a short holiday. The bed was comfy, big enough closest to fit my clothes (I pack a lot of clothes) and the bed was comfy.

The small room had two AC units that kept the room nice and cool. I would leave one on low when I was out and come back to a nice cold room.

The elevators are super quick. I was on floor 20 and never waited more than a few seconds.

The full size fridge was nice. Stored bottles of water, beer and some food for my stay. 7/11 is right next door.

The room also had a microwave that I used to heat some of the food I love from 7/11- The pork buns and the ham and cheese sandwiches !

The room didn't have an iron, but I purchased one at big c for 200 bucks. Not a big deal.

Loved the washing machine.. has a 20 min cycle and did all my laundry In the room. The room

Also came wth plenty of towels and extra sheets. Some guys may complain about doing Landry, but I don't mind . I would wash sheets and towels when needed.

The balcony was big enough to relax and soak in the beautiful views .

Building A had the roof top pool and I found myself hanging up there daily or nightly. Not many people up there; although the signs said no drinks I always had a few beers in hand and

My own blue tooth speaker and never had an issue.

The host allowed me to check in early 2am and check out late at 11pm with no extra costs.. which was a nice extra ..

I left for a weekend to go to koh phi phi and Ao nong so it was nice just leaving my stuff in the condo and just taking a backpack with me for my quick trip. Oh man; we had a blast in both places !!

Location. Was really good 5 min walk to Soi 6. Motorbike taxi stand right outside centric sea condo or walk through hard rock to get a baht bus to Walking Street .. only bad thing about location was I had to get Moto taxi to universe gym .. I told myself I was renting a bike this trip but I pussied out lol. I would walk back from universe gym cause I was all jacked up and the walk was only 20 mins.

The gym at the condo is useless The location of the gym will impact my decision to stay here again see below ..

Not sure if I will write a TR. I'm becoming known ; which is a bad thing and trying to keep my amazing regulars on rotation for my next trip. Haha

I just booked trip 8- And yes, - different location. I arrive nov 21 and leave Dec 3 and staying at the Base.. I think better location for me since closer to walking st, quick ride to Soi 6 and fitness 7 is right next door. Plus got it for 1100 a night which is good.

Let me know if any questions. A few pics of the view from the balcony and the pool. Also a few from phi phi one of my fav places in the world!! Can't go enough . Sorry for any typos .. doing this on my phone

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

trim.626E7555-F651-4299-8DEE-F04304823198.MOV

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing.  Those pictures bring back some good memories :) 

I stayed at Centric Sea and really liked it but I was a little nervous about the sign in the elevator that says no rentals under 30 days.  It said if you are staying for less than 30 days and found out,  you would be reported to the police.  Have you heard of anyone having an issue with this?  

Stayed at Centric Sea in May and my guests were ID every time . Still like the place and highly recommend. On my last night had two foursomes the security asked ID for everyone still chuckling about the look his face on the second run

I stayed at Centric Sea and really liked it but I was a little nervous about the sign in the elevator that says no rentals under 30 days.  It said if you are staying for less than 30 days and found out,  you would be reported to the police.  Have you heard of anyone having an issue with this?

A mate of mine owns a unit and this has directly impacted him so much so that he is selling his unit.

Ironically this rule is not affecting Thai owners who are renting their units out for less than 30 days

Some Chinese tourists have been turned away by security prior to even checking in on the back of this rule

A mate of mine owns a unit and this has directly impacted him so much so that he is selling his unit.

Ironically this rule is not affecting Thai owners who are renting their units out for less than 30 days

Some Chinese tourists have been turned away by security prior to even checking in on the back of this rule

I recently booked two 30-day Airbnb rentals in Pattaya and Bangkok.  I was possibly interested in booking two condos in Bangkok for a future trip so I visited the two condos (The Reserve and The Seed Memories Siam).  I inquired at the juristic offices for a one month rental but they stated they only rented for a minimum of 3 months and I saw large posted signs saying daily or weekly rentals were not permitted, but the sign did not say anything about 1 month rentals.  Many of the Airbnb rentals at these two condos rented for less than a week and none of the ads addressed the <30 day restriction, so I would not book < 30-days on Airbnb and risk getting caught in the middle. 

I saw that Phuket issued a warning against holiday rentals < 30 days.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-condo-owners-warned-holiday-rentals-less-than-30-days-risks-fines-jail-time-58095.php#IyRoOfASChYirqsq.97

Centric sea is nice. They have an electrical issue. When it rains heavy power goes out. Other buildings beside are unaffected.

As a civil engineer my theory is that underground electrical lines have poor drainage. In heavy rains junction box is flooded causing short circuit. Ive seen them pumping manholes after heavy rains. Water should not be penetrating manholes.

Pattaya September 29, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Having the time of my life!!

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

• 2 weeks later...

Many of the Airbnb rentals at these two condos rented for less than a week and none of the ads addressed the <30 day restriction, so I would not book < 30-days on Airbnb and risk getting caught in the middle. 

I saw that Phuket issued a warning against holiday rentals < 30 days.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-condo-owners-warned-holiday-rentals-less-than-30-days-risks-fines-jail-time-58095.php#IyRoOfASChYirqsq.97

Thanks!  I'll avoid it on my next trip.  Not something I want to have to worry about.  

I have a booking with airbnb next week. The person does look thai so hopefully I won't have any problems.

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

• 2 weeks later...

I got back from another trip on 12/3 and stayed at the base so I can compare. The room at centric was much better, the balcony much better too. The In room washer was also nice

Just liked the base location. Nothing really else. But location is what I need for short 2 week stays.

For my next trip not sure where I will stay. Can't beat the price of centric and the base. They are cheaper than hotels. But the daily cleaning of the rooms a nice option

Nice trip not until may. So long time to decide

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for the review,I'm staying here next month.

Previously stayed at VT6,August suites and April Suites a few times but this looked a bargain for what you get,was also tempted by the base but looked too small and box rooms

Thinking about the last two trips centric and the base. I enjoyed centric much better but the base was better location for me. Easy access to the fitness 7. But again would choose centric rooms anyday

Archived