IGNORED

August Suites - Top Place at Central Road

Marc69

This year, the fifth in a row, my friend and I again chose Pattaya for holidays. After staying earlier in Page 10, Sea Me Spring and @Mind (2x) we have decided this time, on basis of many good reviews and an interesting price, to book August Suites.
The hotel is located on the Central Road, just 50 meters away from the 2nd Road. Because of it’s good set up, not directly facing the main road, it is pretty quiet. You are in no time in the 10 baht taxis and in less than 5 minutes on the beach. Alternatively, you can rent right outside the hotel Scooters. In the immediate vicinity of the hotel is pretty much what one makes life easier - from the market with fresh fruits and vegetables, a kiosk, pharmacy, a 7-eleven, a drugstore, a small super market, various massage parlors, laundries, a hairdresser, lot of "Street Food" to a small but fine "Food Stall" and of course, restaurants - all of which can be reached in a maximum of 3 minutes walk.

The hotel itself is located in a neat condition, the staff was extremely friendly and check-in went smoothly at all. Only our Desire for adjacent rooms could not be satisfied, but since they were on the same floor there is also nothing to complain about.

We booked two normal standard rooms. These suites are very bright, spacious (40 sqm) and, depending on time of day, flooded of sunlight. Also worth mentioning is they are very quiet and well noise insulated. In addition to a very comfortable and nice large bed rooms are also equipped with a work desk, a coffee table with a 1-seat or 2-seat sofa, a TV, a large fridge and plenty of storage space. Our wishes for an extra room card, a kettle and a big power strip were met within minutes to our full satisfaction.
The air conditioning is working properly and the WiFi was, apart from a few non-significant failures in the 20 days, good and above all fast. On the balcony you can drink coffee and talk well because the air conditioning unit is not working too loud and disruptive. The view is not exactly memorable, but far from shabby - in short ok.

The bathroom has in my experience above-average, good solid lighting, which is definitely an advantage while shaving. Water pressure and temperature of the shower are good, the drainage works perfectly - only the shower head is fixed permanently on the wall, but can be moved in all directions.

The housekeeping works quite well, but "only" 8-16 and not and not as mentioned 8-17, which is just a comment and not a criticism.

In the 2nd floor there is a cozy pool area (open from 8-20) with just 20 beds - what can cause a shortage with about 100 suites. The classic "Early Bird Pool Bed Squatters“ sometimes can lead to head shaking and waiting times (which fortunately happened just once). Also located on the 2nd floor sauna, gym and snooker room which I can not comment cos we have not used these opportunities at all.

The breakfast we can not judge since we booked without this option.

Upon check-out we were given a room longer on request at no extra charge for 2 hours. This image of service orientation of the reception acquiesced seamlessly.

All in all I can only recommend a stay in August Suites each, not only because of the price / performance ratio, but also due to its central location and the utmost friendly staff. The hotel is in any case on our watch list for our next trip to Pattaya.

I hope I could facilitate you a rough, maybe even a good impression and ease your decision on a possible booking.

Room Tip: If you want to have sun before noon choose a suite not facing the pool and vice versa

This year, the fifth in a row, my friend and I again chose Pattaya for holidays. After staying earlier in Page 10, Sea Me Spring and @Mind (2x) we have decided this time, on basis of many good reviews and an interesting price, to book August Suites.

The hotel is located on the Central Road, just 50 meters away from the 2nd Road. Because of it’s good set up, not directly facing the main road, it is pretty quiet. You are in no time in the 10 baht taxis and in less than 5 minutes on the beach. Alternatively, you can rent right outside the hotel scooters. In the immediate vicinity of the hotel is pretty much what one makes life easier - from the market with fresh fruits and vegetables, a kiosk, pharmacy, a 7-eleven, a drugstore, a small super market, various massage parlors, laundries, a hairdresser, lot of "Street Food" to a small but fine "Food Stall" and of course, restaurants - all of which can be reached in a maximum of 3 minutes walk.

The hotel itself is located in a neat condition, the staff was extremely friendly and check-in went smoothly at all. Only our desire for adjacent rooms could not be satisfied, but since they were on the same floor there is also nothing to complain about.

We booked two normal standard rooms. These suites are very bright, spacious (40 sqm) and, depending on time of day, flooded of sunlight. Also worth mentioning is they are very quiet and well noise insulated. In addition to a very comfortable and nice large bed rooms are also equipped with a work desk, a coffee table with a 1-seat or 2-seat sofa, a TV, a large fridge and plenty of storage space. Our wishes for an extra room card, a kettle and a big power strip were met within minutes to our full satisfaction.

The air conditioning is working properly and the WiFi was, apart from a few non-significant failures in the 20 days, good and above all fast. On the balcony you can drink coffee and talk well because the air conditioning unit is not working too loud and disruptive. The view is not exactly memorable, but far from shabby - in short ok.

The bathroom has in my experience above-average, good solid lighting, which is definitely an advantage while shaving. Water pressure and temperature of the shower are good, the drainage works perfectly - only the shower head is fixed permanently on the wall, but can be moved in all directions.

The housekeeping works quite well, but "only" 8-16 and not and not as mentioned 8-17, which is just a comment and not a criticism.

In the 2nd floor there is a cozy pool area (open from 8-20) with just 20 beds - what can cause a shortage with about 100 suites. The classic "Early Bird Pool Bed Squatters“ sometimes can lead to head shaking and waiting times (which fortunately happened just once). Also located on the 2nd floor sauna, gym and snooker room which I can not comment cos we have not used these opportunities at all.

The breakfast we can not judge since we booked without this option.

Upon check-out we were given a room longer on request at no extra charge for 2 hours. This image of service orientation of the reception acquiesced seamlessly.

All in all I can only recommend a stay in August Suites each, not only because of the price / performance ratio, but also due to its central location and the utmost friendly staff. The hotel is in any case on our watch list for our next trip to Pattaya.

I hope I could facilitate you a rough, maybe even a good impression and ease your decision on a possible booking.

Room Tip: If you want to have sun before noon choose a suite not facing the pool and vice versa

Nice review mate,all in all definitely one of pattayas better hotels!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you Marc69 for your efforts in providing information on August Suites, you've gone a long way to making up my mind about accommodation for my upcoming trip, cheers.

Thanks for the review m8.

BTW : Any pic of the room? :)

6c1b3e70f7d4ad5d040ce1ca01ca93ec.jpg8d058c9b68a74ab209f0824ead7cba2e.jpgbdcef3fd9f6c50d925852cd2a8cacf6a.jpg29225a67142cede13ee9102710bb4edc.jpg7c7ccd53af482f429f65a5d3c5c92fc1.jpg6f45f7cdc86d0b1c3a7135840df08485.jpg34473be40dc831e9aea6659e9a3568e8.jpg540abb65ea5b5691921b8638240ef837.jpg.

Sent from my Kogan Agora 6Plus using Tapatalk

Far out that's the biggest bed I've seen..lol..

6c1b3e70f7d4ad5d040ce1ca01ca93ec.jpg8d058c9b68a74ab209f0824ead7cba2e.jpgbdcef3fd9f6c50d925852cd2a8cacf6a.jpg29225a67142cede13ee9102710bb4edc.jpg7c7ccd53af482f429f65a5d3c5c92fc1.jpg6f45f7cdc86d0b1c3a7135840df08485.jpg34473be40dc831e9aea6659e9a3568e8.jpg540abb65ea5b5691921b8638240ef837.jpg.

Sounds great

Cheers m8

Sent from my Pattaya Sexyyy Phone

Far out that's the biggest bed I've seen..lol..

It was 2 Doubles put together

Fuck knows where they got a sheet from as it was one piece.

The bedspread was two seperate pieces though and a bastard to straighten up when you got it messy

Mind you I don't recall the bed being that big when I there before

Maybe I just get lucky this time

How did you book?  By following the link it seems that you have to book online and the cheapest room is £25 which seems ok to me. Your review has got me interested. I'm looking for a place for a month from late July. Do you think I'd get a better deal if I just walked into reception or do you think it could be fully booked - even in low season?

Th

It was 2 Doubles put together

Fuck knows where they got a sheet from as it was one piece.

The bedspread was two seperate pieces though and a bastard to straighten up when you got it messy

Mind you I don't recall the bed being that big when I there before

Maybe I just get lucky this time

Looks suspiciously similar to the room I stayed in over Xmas and NY...

The crevice where the two beds met in the middle did cause some discomfort during the bedroom gymnastics.

And I thought that the room could use a bit of modernisation, especially when compared to rooms at the sister April Suites and March hotels.

All in all a good place though at decent value for money with great facilities and a location that's second to none.

How did you book? By following the link it seems that you have to book online and the cheapest room is £25 which seems ok to me. Your review has got me interested. I'm looking for a place for a month from late July. Do you think I'd get a better deal if I just walked into reception or do you think it could be fully booked - even in low season?

Use one of the Booking sites like Agoda hotels.com Expedia etc

I wouldn't try walking in and hoping for a room

It is quite popular and we'll patronised every time I have been there

So much so that a trip or two back I couldn't get a room there for my entire trip and that was 2-3months out

Use one of the Booking sites like Agoda Hotels.com Expedia etc

I wouldn't try walking in and hoping for a room

It is quite popular and we'll patronised every time I have been there

So much so that a trip or two back I couldn't get a room there for my entire trip and that was 2-3months out

Thanks for your reply. I wonder how much commission Agoda or Expedia take. In the very least, I'll check the place out. I'm nearly always looking for somewhere different for the month a year I'm in Pattaya.

Was a great hotel last time I stayed, staying there again in a few weeks.

And yes, the bed is huge. You could fit 6 people on it, no prob.

It's great for bringing back BFs.

There was a thread on here about hotel discount codes. Do check it out. IMHO the best rates are to be had booking via booking Agoda etc...

It's a top quality hotel and very very accessible.

Lots of eating places around, my favourite one was mid way from August Suites to March suites. Served amazingly good fried chicken.

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

Archived