IGNORED

Where shall i stay?

jimpty

So im going back on another low budget trip, i have just returned from a stay at the rcon blue ocean hotel which was not bad at all for the money, previously i have stayed at lk the empress on two occasions, spent time at the lumpini park beach condo complex in jomtien and even had a total slum of a condo out around the south pattaya area, going onto Agoda searching pattaya and selecting lowest to highest is no mean feat but i am wanting to know what other members would suggest as good budget digs that may be a little more obscure or overlooked, thanks in advance for any responses even sarcastic ones i always get a laugh out of them  :GoldenSmile1:

I have stayed at lk mansion,decent space and very clean rooms priced around 600 baht currently

Always liked April Suites, can get for around $35 aud or 900 baht when Agoda has it on special, only did not stay there this time as last time i booked it they overbooked and moved me to March hotel instead, hated the location of March hotel, none of the girls or moto taxi guys knew where it was either, its an annoying location to get back to at night

d xpress and d hotel are both around 900 a night on Agoda, d hotel is just behind soi new plaza on soi buakhao, d express looks to be behind it closer to 3 rd road, staying at d hotel next week so will put up a review after I stay there

Rcon @ siam looks to be a good deal as well at around $30 a night similar location 

Blue Sky on soi 5 also looks to be a fantastic deal when it is on special on Agoda, sometimes comes on there for under 1000 a night

Really is not any need to spend more than 1000 a night during low season, the value for money and hotel choice at the moment is fantastic

my budget is flexible as im still planning everything, overall though im looking to cheap out on the hotel, like 20 aud a night or there abouts, i dont need anything fancy, dont even need a balcony if its a room i can smoke in, ideally all i need is a room that isnt completely tiny with a couch and decent sized mini fridge a microwave would be nice too, oh the only thing i am solid on is the bed size, has to be Queen or king im way too tall and big for a double

Totally overlooked by most, 

Mr Macs hotel.  All rooms now fully renovated.  Double head rain showers and such.  600 baht a night in low season, 1000 in peak.

Residence Garden next door. Large 1-bedroom apartments, 2 pools.  1500 a night low season, 2200 or so in peak

Harmony Inn. Another hidden gem just off Thap Phraya Road.  Gorgeous rooms, nice pool. Quiet and peaceful

All of the above are guest friendly.

Or you could stay anywhere along slutty Soi Buakhao....

Totally overlooked by most, 

Mr Macs Hotel.  All rooms now fully renovated.  Double head rain showers and such.  600 baht a night in low season, 1000 in peak.

Residence Garden next door. Large 1-bedroom apartments, 2 pools.  1500 a night low season, 2200 or so in peak

Harmony Inn. Another hidden gem just off Thap Phraya Road.  Gorgeous rooms, nice pool. Quiet and peaceful

All of the above are guest friendly.

Or you could stay anywhere along slutty Soi Buakhao....

Mr Macs does not look too bad at all, that is definitely making the short list, nice price for my dates just under 263 aud for ten nights, unless i can beat that price and quality we might have a winner

Mr Macs does not look too bad at all, that is definitely making the short list, nice price for my dates just under 263 aud for ten nights, unless i can beat that price and quality we might have a winner

Book direct or check hotels Combined.  No lift but no issue - unless female or you are stone drunk.  Staff are good.  Im paying 640B a night in August for a week. If you prefer daytime darkness - ask for rooms level 1 or 2 at rear. They have balconies...

Always liked april suites, can get for around $35 aud or 900 baht when agoda has it on special, only did not stay there this time as last time i booked it they overbooked and moved me to march hotel instead, hated the location of march hotel, none of the girls or moto taxi guys knew where it was either, its an annoying location to get back to at night

d xpress and d hotel are both around 900 a night on agoda, d hotel is just behind soi new plaza on soi buakhao, d express looks to be behind it closer to 3 rd road, staying at d hotel next week so will put up a review after I stay there

Rcon @ siam looks to be a good deal as well at around $30 a night similar location 

Blue sky on soi 5 also looks to be a fantastic deal when it is on special on agoda, sometimes comes on there for under 1000 a night

Really is not any need to spend more than 1000 a night during low season, the value for money and hotel choice at the moment is fantastic

I am also looking at D hotel for my next trip,will await your review

ByD hotel do you mean D apartment? If so,then I will highly recommend it. I stayed there couple of times and it has everything. I prefer rooms in new building. Look for something in back and it will be quiet. It's pretty close to New Plaza,soi 9 and 10. Walking distance to Buakhao market and the gym. Beds are great, bathroom is good size and WiFi is pretty good too.

Try Bedtime Pattaya, it's at Pattaya Klang Soi 16. Good and cheap, but it has no lift.

Location is good too, just in between the 2 mango sticky rice store. Lots of food stall nearby and 7-11 also. It's along the baht bus route too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to be a brand new hotel owned by the same group, off a small side soi behind it I think

http://www.dhotelpattaya.com/

Excellent. Thanks. 

BTW - Have you tried to use Airbnb? There are some good apartments available in "The Base" as well as VT6.

i have used airbnb in pattaya, rented a condo at flybird apartment/condo, the images and description led me to believe it was nice building and not far from Walking Street, the reality of it was a filthy building with green pool the lady on the front gate asked my driver if i was sure i wanted to stay there because i would be robbed, i was refunded most of what i paid after i got home but that doesnt help your vacation fund when you have to abandon a place and rent another, that was how i ended up staying in jomtien, i do still browse airbnb but i feel too hesitant to use them now, had a second poor rental experience with airbnb in manila pretty much exact same circumstances

Have thought of renting a condo before but as i usually land in bangkok late at night prefer the convenience of a 24hr desk at the hotel to check in

Have thought of renting a condo before but as i usually land in bangkok late at night prefer the convenience of a 24hr desk at the hotel to check in

airasia to dmk via kuala lumpur?

airasia to dmk via kuala lumpur?

Scoot this time, lands at 10:40pm

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Scoot this time, lands at 10:40pm

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

oh shit, one of those ones with the 20 odd hour singapore stop over?

oh shit, one of those ones with the 20 odd hour singapore stop over?

nah only a 2hr stop on the way back now, they have changed the flight recently, 6 hour stop on the way there which is a bit long but at $380 return its worth putting up with

Used to do air asia to clark all the time via kl, those were the days, would not even be going to thailand if they did not stop flights to clark

nah only a 2hr stop on the way back now, they have changed the flight recently, 6 hour stop on the way there which is a bit long but at $380 return its worth putting up with

Used to do air asia to clark all the time via kl, those were the days, would not even be going to thailand if they did not stop flights to clark

might have to check them out im planning to go back for halloween cheapest i found so far was airasia, cebu pac has flights for about 400 return but long stop overs each way and sale doesnt start till november

ok so i spent the day online browsing accom and i reckon im going to stay at lk mansion, it is nice and cheap at the weekly rate for a standard room, i have always been happy with service at lk empress i cant see it being any different there, and it fits well with my plans im bussing it to pattaya and since it isnt too far from the bus terminal i think thats a win, i just need to figure out if im going to be going for threesomes this trip if i am it will work out around the same price to have the jaccuzi room at china garden after the 500 baht joiner fee

So im going back on another low budget trip, i have just returned from a stay at the rcon blue ocean hotel which was not bad at all for the money, previously i have stayed at lk the empress on two occasions, spent time at the lumpini park beach condo complex in jomtien and even had a total slum of a condo out around the south pattaya area, going onto agoda searching pattaya and selecting lowest to highest is no mean feat but i am wanting to know what other members would suggest as good budget digs that may be a little more obscure or overlooked, thanks in advance for any responses even sarcastic ones i always get a laugh out of them  :GoldenSmile1:

Inn house ,Soi 13...A good and decent 3 star hotel..High season rates are little bit on the higher side..But still you can manage below 50$(US dollar)..You can try Eastiny group of hotels @ soi 8&7...All of them under 30$ (US dollar) a night ..Just checked yesterday..I am planning for any one of the Eastiny group of hotels on my next december visit..I never go below 3 star hotels..Thats like comprising with your comfort and luxury..Your life your chaoice..Cheers...You can refer to KEV IN THAILAND's video reagrding super cheap aveneus @ Soi Buakhao area..

Holy shit, i just won money on the pokies/slot machines, my hotel budget just increased a little now i have about 700 aud to spend on hotel for 16 nights, some will turn there nose up at what im going to say/ask next, up to you up to me 555, so does anyone know of a ladyboy friendly hotel some place nice for what im looking to spend? probably should have mentioned that part from the start i get too excited when im planning a trip and forget important things  :Think1:

Holy shit, i just won money on the pokies/slot machines, my hotel budget just increased a little now i have about 700 aud to spend on hotel for 16 nights, some will turn there nose up at what im going to say/ask next, up to you up to me 555, so does anyone know of a ladyboy friendly hotel some place nice for what im looking to spend? probably should have mentioned that part from the start i get too excited when im planning a trip and forget important things  :Think1:

Try Inrawadee Resort In Jomtien, Chayapruek 3. Its a bit secluded but very peaceful. Clean traditional huts with ac/fridge/Tv/shower and a nice resort pool. I can say from personal experience its welcoming to both girl and ladyboy guests. Was about 1000b for a night last year.

Try Inrawadee Resort In Jomtien, Chayapruek 3. Its a bit secluded but very peaceful. Clean traditional huts with ac/fridge/Tv/shower and a nice resort pool. I can say from personal experience its welcoming to both girl and ladyboy guests. Was about 1000b for a night last year.

Thanks for the tip, how ever i ended up taking a deluxe room at lk mansion i have a copy of a message they sent me through facebook confirming i can bring a ladyboy guest i doubt there will be any mention of it to begin with but if there is i have it in writing that i can, im very excited to stay at another lk property  :GoldenSmile1:

Archived