IGNORED

Hotel advice for late September

maj_a_hole

Disclaimer:  I've done forum searches here, on TripAdvisor, and another Pattaya forum.  If someone will point me to a relevant thread I would appreciate it very much!

I will be traveling to Pattaya from September 19th through the end of September.  It's been about a decade since my last trip, and never during raining season.  I anticipate 'some' level of rain while I am there.  (Are we talking afternoon tropical storms that last an hour or two? or are we talking biblical floods?)  

I booked a room at the Sabai Lodge via Agoda for about 870 BHT per night. My concern is the distance between Sabai Lodge and Walking Street, or other mongering locales. Under normal weather circumstances this would probably not be an issue as baht buses run to-and-fro.  That said, should I be looking for somewhere closer to the action, in case of wet weather?  Will being at Sabai Lodge in the late-September timeframe be risky? Am I over thinking the whole thing?

If your recommendation is to move, what is a good area, or a good hotel option for a clean/safe hotel, near the action with decent Wifi and AC in the room in the 900 - 1200BHT per night range?

In return for answering stupid newbie questions, I promise to write a trip report when I return.

hotel Privi . 2nd road .great  no perfect location . two live music bars just outside , near W S . near soi Bukhau ,near beach road. staff who speak English very well .very nice rooms

Baht Bus or Motorcycle Taxi and take a change of Shoes - just incase.

But Sept is not so bad, yes Pattaya might flood out for a few hours to a few days, but TIT!

I cancelled my reservation at Sabai Lodge, and instead booked a room at Sutus Court (bldg #1.)  I'm hoping this gets me a bit closer to the action in case of flooding.  This may be Thailand, but I'll be damned if I'm sleeping alone while on vacation!  :)

I like that.. Biblical flooding.. lol. Yes, you might see flooding. It is low season. I would book one night (if any) and pick a hotel and pay day-by-day based on the situation on the ground.

Archived