IGNORED

Flipper House Hotel - Soi 7

Harpunero

I did not find so many Infos about this hotel. So here is my review. Stayed there in June for 5 nights...

FLIPPER HOUSE hotel

213/2 Soi 7, Pattaya Beach Rd., Pattaya City, Chonburi 20260, Thailand.
Tel: +66 (0) 3836 1667 to 71   Fax: +66 (0) 3836 1672

http://www.flipperhotels.com/flipper_house/

I´ve made the reservation one day before arrival via Agoda. Deluxe Room with Balcony = round about 35,00 Euro each night.

For those who prefer to stay "in the middle of happening" this hotel could be a good option.

My room was in right in front of the Soi 7 (5th floor) and you definetely hear the Music from the Bars. Especially from the PJ & DJ Bar.

For me it was not a Problem because I was on Tour during the nights...

The Flipper House is getting old and their best days are over. I would not stay here again.

But here are some pics....perhaps somebody is interested in this hotel...

IMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2626.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

The Pool Area....

They have 2 Pools. Actually not bad with a nice view but even there everything is getting old, loveless, etc...

I didn´t feel very comfortable there.

IMG_2615.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG

IMG_2613.JPG

IMG_2611.JPG

My room. Deluxe with Balcony - 5th Floor.

IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2605.JPG

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2608.JPG

Of course NO JOINER FEE !

I invited some Badoo Girls for a short time.

The Reception gives you a call after the Girl is arriving. After leaving they also give a call..."everything allright, Sir ?".

I never tried the hotel Restaurant and I never did see any Guests inside...

Have they fixed the lift yet or is it still a death trap?

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Have they fixed the lift yet or is it still a death trap?

The Lift was working without any Problems...

Thanks for the review. Great hotel with a great breakfast at least until 12 a.m. Very good location. Yes the noise from the street soi 7 bar area can be a pain in the ass and obnoxious. Prices are a bit higher in the season.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

The Lift was working without any Problems...

Cheers.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Always thought the restaurant and the breakfast was quite good....but it is about 5 years since i stayed there.

Ive been staying here for the past 5 or so trips.

Yes it's getting a bit dated, but for location it can't be beat.

And I alway tip the security on my first day in, never had a problem bring additional girls back without paying joiner fees.

That and the rooftop pool is why I keep staying here

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanks for this review! I have booked one standard room for 2 people yesterday on Agoda in this hotel but can still cancel :)

@tom666 : What's wrong with Flipper Lodge ?

Some issues i found during my only stay at flipper house..

Lack of free wifi. Though there are reports lately they have free wifi but too slow.

No sockets in the room. Have to use washroom to charge laptop or even cell phone.

No electric kettles in the room. Though they provide hot water whenever asked for.

No safe vaults in the room. Have to depend on reception safe with limited operational hours.

Flipper House is ok if higher floors, avoid Flipper lodge

Why? Can you please give the reasons?

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I have stayed in Flipper house a few times but no longer,

The location was always good and the rooftop pool and breakfast was ok. The later finish time for breakfast was a bonus.

No safe in room and no wifi anywhere in hotel was the final straw, Plus the hotel is getting very tired, Had problems with the plumbing on my last stay.

I spend a fair bit of time on Soi 6, 7, and 8 so the location was great but have now relocated to Maytarra, slightly cheaper , no breakfast available at hotel but heaps of options under 100 THBT across the Rd.

Great base for Soi Dianna, Made in Thailand, Soi 10 LK Metro Soi Honey etc

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Lack of free wifi. Though there are reports lately they have free wifi but too slow.

No sockets in the room. Have to use washroom to charge laptop or even cell phone.

No electric kettles in the room. Though they provide hot water whenever asked for.

No safe vaults in the room. Have to depend on reception safe with limited operational hours.

The wifi situation doesn't bother me personally, a rest from the internet does me good.

I always book a deluxe room which comes with tea\coffee and in-room safe and also balcony facing soi7.

The suites obviously come with all this and more.

Standard and superior ...not so lucky.

Ive been staying here for the past 5 or so trips.

Yes it's getting a bit dated, but for location it can't be beat.

And I alway tip the security on my first day in, never had a problem bring additional girls back without paying joiner fees.

That and the rooftop pool is why I keep staying here

I'll book there for my upcoming trip, I want to be close to Soi 6 but private enough to play with the FL's.

I was in flipper house 14 days in may this year. Wifi was free and worked like a charm, had to plug out tv for socket to charge phone but one morning woke up on the floor and found couple sockets behind nightstand hah.

And will defo return, bit dated but location was great, staff was friendly and amazing stay overall

Thanks for the pics. hotel didn't look to bad for the rates. Might be a place I would consider for the soi 7/8 area. So are the in room safes only in the better rooms? I would consider a safe a deal breaker

• 2 weeks later...

Flipper House remains very popular with the budget - mid priced range guys. Especially the harder core it seems.

Friend of mine spends 905 of his time on Soi 6 and swears by it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I have stayed in Flipper House many times but always in standard rooms, I am updating to mini suite for my October trip so was wondering if anyone has stayed in mini suite and can let me know their thoughts. Cheers.

• 2 months later...

I was in flipper house 14 days in may this year. Wifi was free and worked like a charm, had to plug out tv for socket to charge phone but one morning woke up on the floor and found couple sockets behind nightstand hah.

And will defo return, bit dated but location was great, staff was friendly and amazing stay overall

Ha! Great info. Staying here in 2 weeks & power + Wifi to read the SMH online is my regular vacation morning activity (after BB of course). Some previous reviews were a bit worrying but yours helped calm my nerves. Tnx!

• 1 month later...

Further to my last post the deed has been done. Wifi is indeed okay in the room. TV was crap in terms of reception & the actual TV being old & analogue. Bed is okay but a little hard & I like a hard mattress! Breakfast length of time is great but the food was fair to okay. Fruit juice mega-sweet & frsh fruit selection very limited plenty of rabbit food (salad) which is not my sort of breakfast.

All in all good value for money but will try somewhere else next time.

BTW Soi 7 is really happening each night although dead during the day. Could've just gone there at night & been very satisfied

Archived