Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Australian Tourist Visa Application Process

PBRHotelier

Out of interest how long did it take for them to process? I'm about to apply again but will probably stick with getting my girl to do it in person.

Also - you ending up applying with no employment letter?

Took me over 3 weeks only because I applied during Christmas and because I did not provide enough paperwork only due to not understanding how to attach documents properly to the online application. Luckily they ring you amd tell you the documents you need to provide if you missed any.

I'd say it would be much easier to do in person, that way you would get better assistance especially if you have any inquiries or unsure about certain things.

And yeah, my girl doesn't work so I didn't provide an employment letter for her. Just for myself.

She has no assets too so I emphasised in my letter of invitation that she has 2 young children and a grandfather that she would have to return to take care of.

Took me over 3 weeks only because I applied during Christmas and because I did not provide enough paperwork only due to not understanding how to attach documents properly to the online application. Luckily they ring you amd tell you the documents you need to provide if you missed any.

I'd say it would be much easier to do in person, that way you would get better assistance especially if you have any inquiries or unsure about certain things.

And yeah, my girl doesn't work so I didn't provide an employment letter for her. Just for myself.

She has no assets too so I emphasised in my letter of invitation that she has 2 young children and a grandfather that she would have to return to take care of.

Thanks, I'm getting worried again now applying for 6 month visa as I wont bother with employment letter.  I had read somewhere they purposely delayed online visas as they want to pump everyone through the VFS service.  

Will go the in-person - didn't cost much more and TG claimed they where super helpful last time.  

I overwhelmed them with documentation last time, but she had less than 3,000 baht to her name and a questionable career and got in with ease so my doco must have been convincing.  

Will go the in-person - didn't cost much more and TG claimed they where super helpful last time.  

The other thing to consider is even with an online application the person may have to travel to the VFS office anyway to have biometrics done. Although my wife's partner visa was approved last month and no biometrics were taken, even though she has never had them taken in the past.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

its a real mind field this whole visa game.  Hoping someone maybe able to help with this question as I've come up empty handed searching the net so far.

If I was to help bring my friend to Australia on a holiday visa does anyone know if during the 3 months she's here she is then able to apply for a student visa to study English?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

If I was to help bring my friend to Australia on a holiday visa does anyone know if during the 3 months she's here she is then able to apply for a student visa to study English?

Almost certainly not. The reason is that Bangkok issues tourist visas with the no further stay condition attached. It is not possible to have it removed without an exceptional reason.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

its a real mind field this whole visa game.  Hoping someone maybe able to help with this question as I've come up empty handed searching the net so far.

Once returning home to Thailand and then applying for a student Visa would be the only way, it might also raise suspicion doing so so soon too.

A student Visa also requires the person applying to have a lot of savings and access to income from memory, the figure $80,000 seems to ring a bell without looking at the page again.

Archived