IGNORED

Very light sleeper, require recommendations please

methodman

Recently spent 2 weeks in the H Boutique hotel, soi Honey and found it excellent, paid roughly 1000b per night, rooms were excellent and surpassed expectations in size, furnishings and cleanliness, hotel was run well, staff were available 24 hours a day if I needed anything. Unfortunately I wont be staying there again due to the noise of other guests, I am a very light sleeper and im sure this would not be an issue for the majority of other guests but I was constantly woken up during the night by other guests slamming the heavy wooden doors and sound coming through the walls, I suspect many Pattaya hotels may have issues with thinly constructed walls

Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated, ideally not too far out, I like to be roughly central, between beach road/soi buakhao, I dont care about pool or breakfast I am however looking for a hotel with the following...

• Girl friendly (of course)
  • Takes IDs and keeps them until your guest has gone
  • Aircon
  • Max price 1500b per day
  • And most importantly, quiet from within and outside the hotel
  • Decent free WI-FI
  • Room safe

Thank you for any suggestions -MM

A newbie researching his 1st trip to Pattaya- Currently aiming for June 2016

This door slamming thing seems to be a chronic problem in all hotels and condos I have stayed in. I think there are two reasons:

1. Long hallways with tiled floor making them echo chambers.

2. Crap room doors. Bad fitting, no threshold and no seals making all noise from hallway finding its way into the room.

I used to have the problem of guests slamming doors, I had a few "quiet" words in their ears, but occasionally they forget so I fitted sticky foam strips to the door frames, problem sorted.

ER

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I don't think any hotel recommendation can guarantee you a quiet night's sleep from noise by guests, especially in a party town like Pattaya!

My suggestions would be:

* Consider a 1 br apartment, where you can close the door to the bedroom, and the bedroom itself is set some way back from the entry.

* Consider earplugs like these with a high noise-reduction rating.

Z9boqzw.jpg

I know almost nothing about hotels in Pattaya, but I had to vacate the condo for 1 night about a year ago and stayed at Cucumber Inn on Pattaya Tai near Tuckom.

I can say without a doubt that it was the best night's sleep I had in years. 

Around 1000 baht a night, if I remember correctly.

I have a similar problem. Earplugs help a lot.

hotels that have no rooms on one side of the corridor help too, like Baraquda, Marriott and maybe Blue Sky (not 100% sure on this one as I've not stayed there yet). But it's often the maids who make a lot of noise. Guesthouses that only have 2-3 rooms on every floor would probably be good too.

This door slamming thing seems to be a chronic problem in all hotels and condos I have stayed in. I think there are two reasons:

1. Long hallways with tiled floor making them echo chambers.

2. Crap room doors. Bad fitting, no threshold and no seals making all noise from hallway finding its way into the room.

and the main reason, 3) idiots who don't have enough brain cells to know how to close a door without waking up half the hotel

I would suggest a top floor room in a small guesthouse like Boomerang, which is in a very quiet Soi. I used to stay at the Chow Soy on my 1st 3 visits to Pattaya, but found the increasing noise from bars, massage girls & drunks along the street was getting annoying

nature view  pool side,,very quiet ..great staff...1000 a night

ideal location

I am maybe the lightest sleeper you could ever meet and in my 16 trips to thailand the quitest hotel I stayed is LK president hotel

it has 26 floors and they usually give rooms above 20th floor. there is no outside noise. and hotel is brand new . I did not hear and door slamming. 

price is 1400-1500 baht/night

• 1 month later...

Are you trying to sleep before 3:00 am? I think that is illegal in Pattaya. I use ear plugs. They work great. And try eating a slightly green banana before you go to sleep. It will help you sleep.

Archived