Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

At Sea Residence Right for Me? Balcony looking over the sea, alternative?

Shrapple

Been Eyeing up hotels off late, just to make this easier this is criteria:

• King Size Bed
  • Clean/Quality Interior
  • Balcony overlooking beach/Sea, where I can chill in solitude and read a book/people watch
  • Not fussed about pool
  • Close to either Walking Street or LK Metro area, although not been to Pattaya before, so can't say for sure, already feeling a bit intimidated by sounds of Soi 6 as a solo traveller,
  • Budget ideally in the 40 euro a night range, but will go up to 80 euro if there is value to be had
  • Not fussed about pool
  • arriving September 2nd, staying for a few days, and will have a flight booked from bangkok to Krabbi, if the mongering gets to much for me, as I would like some decent sun and sand, although I heard its rainy season :(  
  • Would ideally like to be able to just stroll out and grab a massage aswell, so maybe LK Metro area would be best, but Walking Street is close to the night clubs aswell which I always end up at the end of the night when I was in bangkok.
  • Never up in time to get hotel breakfast

Any recommendations?  At sea residence has caught my eye, as the rooms look like they have big enough balconies, looking over the sea, close to Walking Street, within budget, and the pictures on Agoda seem show that the rooms are a decent quality.

Any recommendations for a hotel with Balcony over looking the sea/beach and as much of the criteria above as possible?

2 months away and I am already starting over think the hotel, so many factors!

Hi Mate,

Stayed at At Sea Residence Aug 2015. Not my main hotel but good for an "outpost" for a couple of nights close to the IBAR/Insomnia Action :-)

To Answer your questions:

King size bed - good but a little hard.

Clean Room and bathroom

Balcony - okay, not large but facing the Beach looking north.

No Pool

Start of Walking Street - above the nest of Beer bars and Pattaya Beer Garden

Within your budget

Still No Pool :-)

LK Metro area is a walk or Baht Bus, short trip. If you want to stay at LK Metro then I would suggest Areca Lodge - Evergreen Tower

Plenty of Places to buy Breakfast

Extra Info about at sea

Sit in bath, lift up wall Blinds and you can see across bed and out into the Beach area

Can be quite noisy as the rooms are built above the Beer Bars at Walking Street entrance

Escalator from Walking Street to room level was not working.
One single floor (long Corridor) of rooms

Small glass room just to the right as you come up the escalator is the Reception area.\

1000 Baht safety deposit

Hope you have a great time

Cheers

Niko

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated think it may have been your trip report that I got the idea off, been funnelling through the ones from last September time, to get an idea of what its like in low season.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated think it may have been your trip report that I got the idea off, been funnelling through the ones from last September time, to get an idea of what its like in low season.

If you can change plans; look at Ko Samui instead of Krabi .. Flight is more expensive; but Krabi province and nearby islands will have shitty weather.. You will pretty much have perfect weather in Samui, Tao and Phangnan. Koh Tao is my personal favorite. Again flight is expensive cause Bangkok air owns the airport in Samui, but it's holiday and your guaranteed beach time on these islands .. Not guaranteed any sun on Krabi Look into it

Also plenty of girls available on Samui if you still want action

Yea I was thinking about Koh samui/phangan or tao, probably would be tao as I like to get away from tourists and civilisation as much as I can, was in Koh Rong island just of the coast in cambodia, and was perfect, no home luxuries but was just as different from the London hustle and bustle where I was living at the time. 

Only issue with the Samui is the cost of ticket, 200 euro, If I pay that I may as well off gone to the dominican republic, but I tried to be sensible and stick to a budget, so may have to give it a miss out of principle, silly I know.

Was thinking about Koh Samet actually.

New plan anyway is baraquda hotel for the first few nights, for a bit of luxury then will decide if I want to stay in pattaya or head to Koh samet for a bit, and will also give me time to decide on what the best location is, since its low season I dont see any trouble in getting rooms at places, may be able to bargain?

I'll be there in August/sept and also thinking of hitting samet for a few days Yes low season no prob getting good deals on room

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this hotel guest friendly?

Yes :-)

Archived