IGNORED

Hotels you're used staying getting rid of low season rates?

chang beer

Hi. Just discovered something. I went back to put down a deposit for a month on a hotel and realized that they have already hiked up the monthly rate to the high season when I checked in today already for next month. They usually don't do this till October. 

I didn't say anything but I'm gong to surpirsed them...and just get the fuck out at the end of the month...idiots.

Thai way of thinking. Do they do this often?

thanx

beer

Maybe they've put the price up and it will get higher again when High Season arrives.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I have been monitoring prices for July and have to say their are some tremendous deals for really good 5 Star hotels. I have never seen

these hotels that cheap compaired to previous years and same time in July. What i would also add is that i have been looking for

December 2016 going into January 2017 and the prices being quoted are the highest i have ever seen, as i have spent the last 17 years in Pattaya at this time.

Needless to say i have booked July but NOT December yet for obvious reasons.

1. Royal Cliff beach hotel £50 per night In July (No price available as of yet for December)

2. Movenpick Siam hotel £77 per night In July £73 per night December

3. Cape Dara Resort £63 per night in July £86 per night December

4. Dusit Thani hotel £62 per night in July £74 per night December

5. Amari Ocean hotel £52 per night In July £82 per night December

6. Centara Grand Phratamnak £45 per night in July

7. Baraquda Pattaya £39 per night in July £64 per night December

8. Pattaya Marriott Resort and Spa £67 per night in July £128 per night December

9. Intercontinental Pattaya Resort £93 per night in July £134 per night December

10. Holiday Inn Pattaya £63 per night in July £85 per night December

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Just discovered something. I went back to put down a deposit for a month on a hotel and realized that they have already hiked up the monthly rate to the high season when I checked in today already for next month. They usually don't do this till October. 

I didn't say anything but I'm gong to surpirsed them...and just get the fuck out at the end of the month...idiots.

thanx

beer

Maybe it's against forum rules, but it's a pity you did not name the hotel as they don't deserve any custom, like you said , idiots.

Thai way of thinking is spot on...but it's not just hotels, the girls have been doing just this for ages, I've sat in some of the less busy bars on Soi Diana and chatted about the bar fine and customers the girls are getting...BF 300, no problem, the girl wanted 2000 baht, I asked if she thought that was expensive?"no" was her reply....that's what she was worth apparently, I asked how many customers she had this month (this was 2 weeks in) "not 1 this month" So i told her that maybe she was too expensive, if she was charging 1000-1200 she could be busy every night, it truly looked like she didn't have a fucking clue what I was talking about...Thai way of thinking is spot on.

ER

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

thanx

beer

Just might be a mistake ?

Worth asking them , if not tell them why you're off .  If your'e a regular there they just might value your custom .

Mikeyboy

• 7 months later...

I have been monitoring prices for July and have to say their are some tremendous deals for really good 5 Star hotels. I have never seen

these hotels that cheap compaired to previous years and same time in July. What i would also add is that i have been looking for

December 2016 going into January 2017 and the prices being quoted are the highest i have ever seen, as i have spent the last 17 years in Pattaya at this time.

Needless to say i have booked July but NOT December yet for obvious reasons.

1. Royal Cliff beach hotel £50 per night In July (No price available as of yet for December)

2. Movenpick Siam Hotel £77 per night In July £73 per night December

3. Cape Dara Resort £63 per night in July £86 per night December

4. Dusit Thani Hotel £62 per night in July £74 per night December

5. Amari Ocean Hotel £52 per night In July £82 per night December

6. Centara Grand Phratamnak £45 per night in July

7. Baraquda Pattaya £39 per night in July £64 per night December

8. Pattaya Marriott Resort and Spa £67 per night in July £128 per night December

9. Intercontinental Pattaya Resort £93 per night in July £134 per night December

10. Holiday Inn Pattaya £63 per night in July £85 per night December

Sorry for reviving an old thread mate, but did this only happen in mid 2016? I'm planning for a trip in July 2017 and it'd be great if I can get a confirmation/advice to book a month or two before the trip to get the best value. I've been checking the 4-5 star hotel prices now they seem to be more expensive than the December price you listed, perhaps due to pound falling.

Archived