IGNORED

Noise level and wifi at LK Empress

ringadingding

Has anyone recently stayed at LK Empress? The hotel is on Beach road. How is the level of noise in room? How is wifi and other services? I was thinking of booking it for my October trip.

Thanks in advance.

I stayed in 2 different rooms in oct/nov last year, one was facing the rear looking at abother building, the other had a balcony over soi13?

Neither were noisy, the only thing I could generally hear was myself snoring unless I was on the balcony.

Wifi was fine, the aircon in one of the rooms started leaking a puddle but they had it fixed within 30mins.

From memory the rooms were on level 2 and 4, front rooms may be more prone to noise though.

Stayed there in January and only a minority of rooms face the front and are potentially noisy.  Mine faced vacant land between Soi 12 and 13 and so was very quiet.  Wi-fi was fine.

I am In LK EMPRESS   NOW!    

Have been here since Apr 27.

It's a busy week in TOWN = May 1-2 Thai Laborers Holiday.

I am on the 5th floor IN THE BACK OF hotel - NOT FACING BEACH ROAD

and I can sleep like a ROCK!   QUIET

WiFi - is great so far.    If it drops - you call to desk and they send up a guy to check the hallway router immediately    Great service!

Good Luck.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate your help.

Excellently timed query as I just grabbed a beachfront room there for my autumn trip.

I am leaving my first mistress, Areca Lodge, so I hope it is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

A word of warning.  The rooms that face Walking Street are noisy.  There is a building being demolished in Soi 12.  In true Thai style there are about 8-10 people demolishing a 6 story concrete building using only jack hammers and oxy's.  There is a continual jack hammer noise for about 10 hours every day.  It has been going for some time and at the rate they're working, I suspect it will go for some months to come.

Rooms that face Central do not have a noise issue.

Archived