Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

koh samet

bob123

The missus wants me to take her and the nipper to Koh Samet, so I too would be grateful for any information. 

I stayed plenty of times at Vongdeuan on samet. Samet can be pricy at times. They have rooms as well as the Thai style wood houses which was a big plus for my missus. At night on the beach you can go about a few bars and they have fire shows too. I've enjoyed it as a little getaway. They also have check in for the hotel on the mainland and will ship you over so no ferry needed. Cheers

There are 8-10 beaches on the island, the main one and biggest being in town. I have stayed at several places, last time was at white sands resort. When you come to the main gate in town( security gate) turn right and it's a few hundred meters on the left, on the beach.

Rooms were 700 baht fan room high season, they were basic. They have nicer rooms of course.

I loved ko samet and went back a few times.

Stayed on this Island a few times mostly in the Baan Thai Sang Thian Resort very basic hotel, but clean and comfortable, with a small beach.  Main selling point for me is its a very quiet, with few people about and a romantic view point for sunsets if you want it. Its only a 5 minute walk to vongdeuan beach that has a nice beach with plenty of seating but not as busy as a the main strip, lots of restaurants with fire shows on a night.

I have also stayed at the ao cho grandview hideaway resort more upmarket, nicer beach and again a 5 minute walk to vongdeuan, but it can get busier.

• 1 month later...

How do you guys get to Rayong? 

I checked one of the taxi services which is quoting about 1000baht which seems steep but I guess you pay to go direct. 

What other options are available, do they have anything other than the Thai buses such as mini-vans etc?

How do you guys get to Rayong? 

I checked one of the taxi services which is quoting about 1000baht which seems steep but I guess you pay to go direct. 

What other options are available, do they have anything other than the Thai buses such as mini-vans etc?

i took the bus from ekamai. It's comfortable, aircon, and much safer than being jammed in a mini van with a sketched out driver.

Make sure you get the proper bus if doing it this way. It goes right to the pier and not to rayong town!

Big difference. There are different windows to buy tickets at ekamai station. The booth is on the left as you walk in.

• 4 weeks later...

I've stayed at the Vongdeuan for 3 nights, it's not on the main beach so a bit quieter but still plenty of resturaunts right on the beach. It also has a pool which is I believe most places do not have. I think this place is one of the higher rated places, accommodations were quite decent. Stayed in the cottages but not the most expensive ones, had a straw like roof. Make sure to have some mosquito repellent handy, I got a ton of bites. Had an issue with not getting hot water in the shower but was quickly resolved by a maintenance man. Front desk was surprisingly unfriendly.

Archived