Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel Vs Guest House Vs Condos

photoguy

Curious if any of you can outline your pros/cons of each.

My experience and where i have stayed..

Hotels: @mind (2x), Baywalk Residence (2x), Imperial Residence (1x), LK REnaisance (1x)

Pros: being daily cleaning and room freshening, reception lobby to check guest IDs, more Secure/Safe? Food/breakfast onsite

Cons: More expensive, reception lobby check ids and possible joiner fees? More intrusive, walk of shame, etc., more noise?

Guest House: Destiny (3x)

Pros: More privacy, cheaper, better value for money

Cons: Cleaning is not always every day, or costs more money, Facilities, Wifi, plumbing, etc. not always as good or reliable as larger places, no reception to check ids, not as secure/safe

Any that you all have, trying to decide if i stay at VT6 this time, or go back to a hotel. Seems like a condo is about the same pros as a guest house, with less of the cons?

LineID: photoguy35

For me it depends on your duration of your stay and the size of the room. hotel rooms can be small where the apartments at VT6 can be larger and have a more homely feel. In saying that I stayed in VT6 and moved after 5 nights and went back to a hotel as I didn't like the room and it was cheaper at the hotel. Was only a 2 week stay.

If I was staying a month then I would stay at an apartment.

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Staying for about 15 days. Yeah, im torn between the condo and a hotel. Basically VT6 or Baywalk residence.

You can get a condo for 15 days but you'll most probably be paying the higher daily rate. One month and upwards you can can a better deal. Some decent guest houses in central Patts but they don't have a pool onsite if that's important to you

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Last trip was my first time staying in a Condo.

I expect I'll stick to Condos from now on.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

hotel 1 week to two .

Guesthouse one month

Condo two month and upwards ..

Yeah, i dont care much about pool. I am thinking to stick with the hotel as i can save about $100 total, plus i get an included breakfast, and any issues they will sort out or move me to a new room pretty quickly. What I did notice is what @eanto mentioned, paying a daily rate, about 30,000baht, and the monthly rate is about the exact same price.

The thing is, from the pictures, the Condos look to be nicer setups, a bit bigger space, nicer furniture, updated bathrooms, etc.

I got more space for my money in the Condo and liked being able to make my own coffee, toast etc.

There was less of a feeling of being watched - not that I'm too bothered - and security only took ID if I wanted.

The downside was having to change the bed & get the sheets laundered myself.

VT6 is at the top end of Condo pricing so you may not save money compared to hotel.

I stayed at VT7 and got much more for my money than if I'd stayed in a hotel.

Yeah, i dont care much about pool. I am thinking to stick with the hotel as i can save about $100 total, plus i get an included breakfast, and any issues they will sort out or move me to a new room pretty quickly. What I did notice is what @eanto mentioned, paying a daily rate, about 30,000baht, and the monthly rate is about the exact same price.

The thing is, from the pictures, the Condos look to be nicer setups, a bit bigger space, nicer furniture, updated bathrooms, etc.

My experience of condos is that the daily rate is double the monthly rate but then you have to factor in elec/water and probably only 2 linen changes per week.

I intend to do 3 month on and 3 month off from next Summer for a year or two. I will be renting a condo as longer term I will move permanently to a house.

I have always lived in a house, so the thought of spending(and ending) my days 15 stories up would not be my idea of retiring to paradise.

I intend to do 3 month on and 3 month off from next Summer for a year or two. I will be renting a condo as longer term I will move permanently to a house.

I have always lived in a house, so the thought of spending(and ending) my days 15 stories up would not be my idea of retiring to paradise.

Gives you an easy option at the end though.

During 'low season' you can rent at VT 6 from1600B/night which is a VERY good value, and much better than a hotel room.

Having a coffee maker, toaster, microwave, larger physical space, a sofa, so on, is nice.

The coffee maker, is that a kettle?

Yes, it's a 'kettle' or I've also heard described as a 'hot, water pot'.

Just thought they may have provided a Krups or something

I take this with me:

image.jpeg

If you're only there for 2 weeks - what difference does it make? Ot if you want, book a week in each and then see the difference for yourself. Longer term (and I stay usually around 4-6 months at a time), renting a room is the cheapest and best option. A condo would be nice, but much more dinero!  

Well, i have already stayed at others, just never a condo. Its only 2 weeks, so the cost is not much of an issue, as its only about 3000baht difference. So thinking maybe just do the condo this trip for something new. I like the idea of a larger place, with a bit more room. Of all the places i have stayed, i really liked @mind, as it felt much like an apartment/condo, with kitchen, etc.. Roughly 30,000baht any option i choose, hotel vs condo.

Just thought they may have provided a Krups or something

Actually, one of the condos I rent out there is a 'kettle' AND a kcup type machine that uses Nescafe single serve cups.

I don't know anywhere in Pattaya to purchase, true, kcups. Unfortunately.

Archived