IGNORED

In room safe vs safe behind desk

robert

hotel security (in-room safe or communal boxes) is only as secure as the least trustworthy member of staff.

Sometimes hiding in plain sight works best.

If someone wants to pickpocket they go for a wallet as that's where the goodies supposedly are. A bank robber is so called because banks are the obvious place where money is kept. Safety deposit boxes make for a sweet target for the unscrupulous too.

Before the advent of flat-screen TV's I used to carry a small screwdriver and loosen the back panel of the TV and slide a brown envelope in there containing my cash, credit cards, and passport. Similar places stil exist, you just have to be creative.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Shame we have to talk about this bit it is a concern... As for opening it with a potato ha ha ha.... Will a sweet potato work???

Bar fine woke me up by beating on the Safe with a Potato..Said she saw it on U Tube

Did she claim she were making poteto pokpok a'la safe?

In the last 10 years I have traveled to Thailand approx 200 days/nights. From these 200 nights I have stayed about 160 nights in Pattaya, 30 nights in Bangkok and 10 nights in Phuket in several hotels.

Most of the time I had a room safe, which I personally prefer and the idea to hide somewhere a short stack for the worst case is good, but was never practiced by me.

Very honestly, neither I have had an experience that belongings from the safe were missing nor that I felt unsafe having the passport, credit card or cash in the safe. Further to a certain extent I guess it also depends in which hotel you stay.

You should not ignore that topic, but don't panic because this kind of incidents are not very common to my past experience.

Archived