Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

In room safe vs safe behind desk

robert

I think this is a very important topic the last thing you want to happen is have valuables stolen to ruin your vacation.

Whereever I traveled I always perferred the in room safe easier to use and your valuables are at your finger tips, i now believe the safes behind the desk are safer and require a key instead of numbers, there have been many break ins on Eastiny properties from 2011-2013 from in room safes and non that I heard about from behind the desk safes.

The break ins were clean with no damage, an inside job the hotel has at least 1 master key which they keep at the fromt desk which opens all the digital in room safes, at the eastiny Soi 7 it was in site behind the desk anyone working at the hotel could have access to it.

I dont know if they also have a master to all the boxes behind the front desk

If it happened at the Eastiny it probably happened at others, same thing happened at the Mona lisa in Costa Rica.

This could be a serious problem, I enjoyed my 24 days in Pattaya, and dont want to start worrying about theft, my 6th time without a problem but others have had them

Let me know your thoughts and any negative instances that you have encountered?

So far i`ve never had anything stolen out of a room safe,but there could always be a first time.I much prefer the idea of room safe cos as you say your stuffs there when you want it.One major problem with safes in reception is if receptions busy and a queue of sorts gathers you can be waiting a while.On the whole theres too much faffing about having a safe behind reception desk,so until something bad happens its room safe for me.

I wonder if there's been any reports on the in room safes in the Walking Street guest house. I'll be checking into there in a few months time. I do prefer the safes in the room to behind the desks for obvious convenience but this has started to make me worry about that now.  :WhoSaw1:

The in room safe is much more convenient.  However, they have been proven to be not very secure.

My solution.  A small pacsafe. Keep the passport, CC's, and money. inside the pacsafe inside the room safe.

Also handy when traveling up country where safes of any kind are far between.

Think about it...............  The OP is talking "inside job".  So logic would suggest, behind the counter or in room would not be secure, if there is a dodgy bastard working where you are staying.

I have never lost anything from my room safe.... ever (touch wood).  I guess it has been luck....

Best place to store stuff in any hotel in Pattaya is in the air con filters.

I don't think any cleaners know where they are located.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Best place to store stuff in any hotel in Pattaya is in the air con filters.

I don't think any cleaners know where they are located.

Bella Vista is an Eastiny property and only has behind the counter safes.  I've used them a number of times.  There are restrictions on the times you can access the safe.  I think it's only between 8am and 9pm.  I had other issues with staff claiming not to have my room key when I came back with a girl at a later time but it was thankfully sorted.

Bar fine woke me up by beating on the Safe with a Potato..Said she saw it on U Tube

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

We are talking about break ins 2 years ago here. Anyone hear of anything recently?

In almost 30 visits to Patts, I have never had a a problem. Always used the room safe. Although I also have an emergency money stash hidden elsewhere.

If I had to choose between one or the other I'd prefer the in-room safe because it's a lot more convenient, but I like it when a hotel has both, when they do I use both at once (splitting the valuables) to diversify the risk, not all hotels have both though.

Pattaya is not just one more place where we can enjoy our favourite hobby, Pattaya is the sacred land where we can practise our religion.

Bar fine woke me up by beating on the Safe with a Potato..Said she saw it on U Tube

A thief where did you bar fine her?, hopefully you didn't pay her

I was told the safe robberies were on you tube and reported by Travel Advisor

LMAO ive seen that video

Given the title of the thread and content posted, id say neither are any safer than the other, hotel staff can open either of them

I think this is a very important topic the last thing you want to happen is have valuables stolen to ruin your vacation.

Whereever I traveled I always perferred the in room safe easier to use and your valuables are at your finger tips, i now believe the safes behind the desk are safer and require a key instead of numbers, there have been many break ins on Eastiny properties from 2011-2013 from in room safes and non that I heard about from behind the desk safes.

The break ins were clean with no damage, an inside job the hotel has at least 1 master key which they keep at the fromt desk which opens all the digital in room safes, at the eastiny Soi 7 it was in site behind the desk anyone working at the hotel could have access to it.

I dont know if they also have a master to all the boxes behind the front desk

If it happened at the Eastiny it probably happened at others, same thing happened at the Mona lisa in Costa Rica.

This could be a serious problem, I enjoyed my 24 days in Pattaya, and dont want to start worrying about theft, my 6th time without a problem but others have had them

Let me know your thoughts and any negative instances that you have encountered?

Suuuuure they don't. You lose the key and they blast it open then weld it shut.

How many times were you robbed in that 24 days, based on your 5 year old robbery wave observation?

I have never been robbed in 6 trips, others have and the hotel was not concerned, I am not staying there again, it can happen anywhere but my point is it happened at this brand name many times 

Many many trips and have never had a problem.

Have used both types and do prefer the room safe for convenience.

When using the behind the counter safety deposit boxes, I always put my own padlock on the box that goes inside the safe,

Hopefully stops any bad staff, I am sure the hotel has duplicate keys incase one gets lost.

Room safes are a lot more convenient, but many people wouldn't realise if they had a few notes lifted from the safe, rather than the whole contents. 

Leaving a little extra somewhere else hidden in your belongings could be a lifesaver in the worst case scenario. 

Could not remember the combo I had set to my room safe last year, housekeeping came in, peeled back a sticker on the front of the door panel then pushed a tiny rod into the hole that was exposed behind the sticker.....voila open sesame..........

There's a lot of Pac Safe products. Which one are we talking about to be used inside a room safe?

The video of the potato opening a safe appears fake to me.

I always carry a small cash box with a combination lock.

I place it inside the room safe as it prevents the petty theft from my room by the housemaid of just one or two notes that you wouldn't notice missing.

Archived