IGNORED

Trip in 4 weeks and I cant make up my mind about hotel

curiousguy2015

My first trip is almost upon me in 4 weeks time I will be in Pattaya however I still havent picked my hotel, I have booked the areca but I havent paid for it yet and can cancel. I know its a great hotel and in a good location but I could only get one of the older rooms and it doesn't have a walk in shower or a sofa. Another option close by is 247 boutique hotel, this hotel looks like great value,its cheap has a sofa and a walk in shower but It doesn't have as nice a pool as the areca. Next there's Page 10 ,the stay or sea me spring , I lumping these hotels all as one choice because they are in the same area all have a sofa and a walk in shower and are the same price as the areca but their pools aren't as nice. Lastly theres the Marriott, probably the nicest of the hotels and probably in the best location but I get the feeling its not really a 5 star plus it doesnt have a sofa or a walk in shower in the cheapest room, I can get a good deal on Trivago  for 80 euro a night, for some reason this hotel is much more expensive on Agoda. Oh well I suppose I wont go wrong picking any of these hotels, I just cant make up my mind, would appreciate some help

Have a look at Intimate hotel as well. Nice rooms and fantastic breakfast.

Dude, a sofa is not negotiable, so put a line thru anything without.

An older room without a walk in shower or a sofa, shit, I wouldn't even pay 10 Euros...

By the way, dunno what you're looking for in a pool, but the roof top at Sea Me is far superior to the paddling pools at Areca...and the chicks lounging are hotter, because the hotel has a bit of class...

I've booked the areca for may, great location.. 2 good swimming pools. This will be my 2nd stay there but the last time my balcony overlooked a car park but I made sure I'm getting a swimming pool view this time... But if push came to shove I'd still stay in the last room again.. Did I mention great location.. Evergreen Wing at the back.. Can't comment on the rooms nearer the bars.

Have a look at Intimate Hotel as well. Nice rooms and fantastic breakfast.

Great hotel but shite balcony with the hot air blowing from the aircon units, could only manage a quick cig until I had to go back in

You can't really go wrong with Areca, a little over rated I think but a good choice for a first trip.

having stayed in both Page 10 and Areca Lodge in the past i would definitely choose either of those..but to honest the least of your problems would be -walk in showers,pools etc..lol

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Areca problem  / dealbreaker might be and is / was for me the shower is in the bath tub , water spayed everwhere not nice at all for what they charge for a room evergreen , and the brekie buffet average get there early if you like your food hot ,and one more problem was the balcony tiny little space, I asked for a pool view but got a partial pool view , I like the area Areca its ok but not worth the cost where / are my thoughts . for a third of the price my next visit will be a good guest house with a bigish room and with a proper shower and eat breakfast out so many choices ..

An older room without a walk in shower or a sofa, shit, I wouldn't even pay 10 Euros...

By the way, dunno what you're looking for in a pool, but the roof top at Sea Me is far superior to the paddling pools at Areca...and the chicks lounging are hotter, because the hotel has a bit of class...

Sea me 1 or 2 and wont any chicks there be already barfined and with guys

Sea me 1 or 2 and wont any chicks there be already barfined and with guys

I've stayed in the original many times. I go the sea view rooms, but the street view are same size.

Big bathroom, bath, separate shower

The pool is great to chill and check the view. I think sea me 2 has an infinity pool the same.

The high rise hotels, you can hit on the other chicks easily as they re coming and going...get their number or just recycle straight away...

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at Intimate Hotel as well. Nice rooms and fantastic breakfast.

Agree with the rooms. I stayed in an executive with jacuzzi a couple of weeks ago, room 324. It's just double the size (huge) so take out the sofa, replace the jacuzzi with a bathtub (shower is separate anyway) & one of the TV's then halve the room size & you've got a standard room from what I saw. Anyway it was a lovely room however lousy TV reception, TV's (2) wouldn't read my USB HDD to play my movies. Shower water pressure very ordinary & I really didn't rate the breakfast as very good plus it finishes too early 10AM which may not be that early but is when you're out until 3AM every night! Otherwise lovely 4 star hotel with great staff offering excellent service, excellent location, lovely pool on the roof & really enjoyed there tasty khao pad kai for lunch everyday. Great resto's, beer bars, street food & shopping malls all in the immediate vicinity plus most importantly a chemist shop just a couple of stores down 2nd road to the left has all the right things a traveling man needs as well with no prescriptions required :-)

Your right with that Sir

read the write up lottellee winna did in this topic group pretty good helped me decide anyways

Archived