Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nova Gold

Brussh

The hotel Bit - Nova Gold

Bit of palava with booking. Partly down to me booking through an agent then seeing better room less money on the hotels website. Communication was frustrating via email. Just before leaving Heathrow got notification room was cancelled. Had provisional booking in place at Canterbury tales. where I plan to stay next time.

Arrived at hotel they where sweetness and light even got free upgrade to top floor end room. £25 1250 ish a night. Think I got best deal considering their website said all rooms sold out. So kudos to them.

Big flat screen Samsung 1080 but that no USB ports to play music and films off. Seems to have been blanked off.  DVD player. PC with flat screen monitor ...windows Xp in dire need of updating browsers etc. But did the job as windows tablet jacked into HDMI. Usual high standard of Thai TV quality I have come to expect.

Surprisingly couldn't fault the internet  Streamed Netflix and youtube simultaneously with no problem. No sites firewalled Excellent Internet not 1 issue.

Separate bath and walk in shower plenty hot water any criticism would point to a drain resistant small puddle that would appear till Nana the 8th floor Maid would attend. A few Baht here and there and I had a prudent supply of "only you Babes" towels and dressing gown. Plenty of lighting. Dimmers and slipper would have made it 10 out of 10. Big safe and stocked Mini bar which I asked to have removed. I'm no cheap charlie but I'm not Charlie big spuds either there's numerous 7/11's in spitting distance.

Only eat there once and that was loom service very late at night that was with some flyby " I stay long time, eat food and say now short time" chancer by the name of Joy who seems to be changing her TF profile quicker than some BM's replace their livers. I just asked her leave before she finished eating and gave her no money.

Enough food for 3 450Bt. No problem.

Big room with 2 beds It always tickled me when the girls would exclaim " Ooh 2 beds" On one occasion I said "that's for Ahmed, Ranjid and Mohamed they be here soon, not worry" She became quite concerned and I had to take my funny joke back very quick. Like when asked if I packed my own luggage and I said "No Mohamed did" Mid east jokes don't go down very well.

So I reverted to " That's your bed if your naughty" More often than not they would promptly go lie on the single spare bed. They just can't help themselves can they.

The Pool and 2 other available pools you can use locally  Who gives a shit!

Downside you can only bring back 1 guest. LB friendly. After a couple of nights they got tired of telling me "Ladyboy, you know?" To which I'd respond with "hope so"

I'm sure that  with a couple of hundred baht the nightman would have seen a way round this. I'm just not there yet for a LB 3 sum.

Geographically perfect for me plenty all night eaterys and 7/11's. 5 Mins walk to Soi 6 or in the other direction same same to Central road Soi Buakhao. Plus I had a scooter which slept in underground monitored car park. Spacious balcony and great king size bed. The usual take card off girl and call your loom when she tries to get it back.

Couldn't fault it for the money or even their rack rate which would have been 2500 for my loom.

I think that's covered the hotel. Next trip I'm going for a cheap apartment or Canterbury tales. 

Never say never

OP - Many thanks for posting. When I first came to Patts (4-5 years ago) I used to stay Nova Gold regularly. This is a top notch hotel, brilliant value. The upgraded end-rooms are like mini-suites. The staff are also fantastic. I used to eat next door at Jameson's pub, good food, but a little expensive.

The only downside is location - my daily golf HQ is in LK Metro and likewise my social scene in the evening. 

I stayed Nova Gold in February for 3 nights. My favorite areas to stay are soi 10 and soi Diana, but this trip was unplanned and all my favorite hotels was fully booked. So i chose Nova Gold.

Actually location is not so bad.  There are always motorbike taxis near the hotel and you can quickly get anywhere. All drivers know this hotel, you don't have to explain where it is when you are going back. Also you can walk in 5 minutes to Second Road or to Central Road.
Room was good, staff very friendly, wi-fi worked well. Only one small downside, leaking shower door.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info. im thinking of booking this hotel. really good prices right now. The thing that makes me wounder is the distance..

It really is too far from the action in the middle of nothing very much imo . they have a buggy sometimes available to take you as far as Central road but that's not as far as where the action is  soi 7 or 8  and soi bukhio / Metro area in my case, and I used to get a motorbike taxi back at night . there is a reason it is always cheap and its the location not many staying there , rude reception people I might add . . rooms ok no balcony looks like there was before but they have removed them you can see the plastering work .. some wear and tear especially in the kitchen area it has a kitchen area but run down and frankly grubby ,if you want to cook something you could for me it was a no no .

I moved to Areca Lodge much nicer but smaller rooms tiny balcony and overpriced is the Issue for me there.

It really is too far from the action in the middle of nothing very much imo . they have a buggy sometimes available to take you as far as Central road but that's not as far as where the action is  soi 7 or 8  and soi bukhio / Metro area in my case, and I used to get a motorbike taxi back at night . there is a reason it is always cheap and its the location not many staying there , rude reception people I might add . . rooms ok no balcony looks like there was before but they have removed them you can see the plastering work .. some wear and tear especially in the kitchen area it has a kitchen area but run down and frankly grubby ,if you want to cook something you could for me it was a no no .

I moved to Areca Lodge much nicer but smaller rooms tiny balcony and overpriced is the Issue for me there.

If you want to center your holiday around LK Metro, then staying at Nova Gold makes little sense. Indeed, as I play golf most days out of Thaigerline on soi Choiapoon and spend most evenings bar-hopping in LK, I no longer stay at Nova Gold. However if you (say) like Drinking Street or Soi 6, then the Nova Gold is a good bet. 

There are only a few rooms without balconies - I was allocated one and I asked to change...got upgrade to corner suite no extra charge.

Archived