Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A $60K Emirates First Class Flight for $300: This Blogger Did It

QuotaMan

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/60k-emirates-first-class-flight-143413065.html

https://www.topmiles.com/all-guides/how-to-fly-in-emirates-first-class-suite-for-less-than-200usd

If you’re looking to fly in style, it doesn’t get much better than a first-class suite aboard the iconic Emirates airline.

Travel blogger Sam Huang recently cashed in his Alaska Airlines frequent-flyer miles for a $60,000 trip around the world, and luckily he took plenty of pictures documenting what it was like.

“Unlimited Dom Perignon, wild caviar, and a shower spa while flying 40,000 feet in the air — it’s no wonder the Emirates First Class Suite is consistently named one of the best airline seats in the world,” Huang writes over at his travel blog, TopMiles.

Huang’s trip spanned 11 cities, seven countries, and five continents, and he managed to pay only $300 for the journey — in addition to cashing in his frequent-flyer miles — by taking advantage of a clever loophole when booking the trip. Huang says the trick is complicated, but involves booking the journey as one long flight with multiple layovers. After checking with the airline, Business Insider can confirm that the booking was legitimate.

tumblr_inline_nwzi31Fdw81tcrvl6_1280.png

tumblr_inline_nwzi3ny9xt1tcrvl6_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_nwzibbHiS71tcrvl6_1280.png

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 4 weeks later...

Bet he didn't get laid.

His blog is written like he just found out about the frequent flyer miles game. It does not look like such a good deal to me. I did a trip last year in first class and got 3 tickets on the same flights for $330. :GoldenSmile1:

I prefer Cathay to Emirates if I am in 1st.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you guys be more specific on what you say ? How can you buy 3 tickets for 330$ ? Or 140$ for first class ?

Sorry if I miss a point here

Can you guys be more specific on what you say ? How can you buy 3 tickets for 330$ ? Or 140$ for first class ?

Sorry if I miss a point here

Playing the miles game. I'm from the states and travel domestically using American Airlines .. They are part of One Wold Airline program. When you each 110k+ miles your can book a biz class to Asia (just pay tax etc) They are increasing this to 130k in April. So a lot of us who use one world are booking now before miles devaluate .

Again. Just a mileage game. I get a 1st class ticket or biz every 1.5 years or so for being loyal to an airline .. Plus a lot of them give great sign up bonuses on credit cards. But be careful don't get in dept just for miles

OK thank you for clarification ! I work for a plane company in France so have huge discount and not aware of all tricks you can use :) thanks a lot for the explanation though

His blog is written like he just found out about the frequent flyer miles game. It does not look like such a good deal to me. I did a trip last year in first class and got 3 tickets on the same flights for $330. :GoldenSmile1:

I prefer Cathay to Emirates if I am in 1st.

I've flown CX first class few times, the hardware on Emirates looks nicer I think.

Archived