IGNORED

British Airways

Rainsberger

Hi Guy

Had an update today regarding prices for my May/June trip next year from Heathrow not sure who to

fly with at the moment here are some non-stop prices received today.

British Airways Non-Stop = £445.86

Eva Airways Non-Stop = £501.20

Thai Airways Non-Stop = £725.50

British Airways timings are better for me than Eva and although only flown with British Airways

twice in 28 years i don't remember any problems flying with them.                                                                                             And you don't see that price that low very often with British Airways.

EVA.

Avoid BA.

Avoid BA.

Avoid BA.

The only problem with EVA is the time of arrival back at LHR. May mean a night's stay before your drive home.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I've flown on all 3 and economy in all of them is pretty much the same. I would take the flight with flight times that work for me

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Amazing fare on British!

No wonder that Thai Airways is having problems. Too expensive and product in economy does not justify the difference

Addendum:

From watching fares over the last 18 months Thai seem to leave it much later than other airlines to offer cheaper fares. They really are badly run and their fares are usually very high until you get closer to the date.

I'm guessing that their May fares will be lower in Feb/Mar - unless they drop one of their flights from LHR again.

Edited for Apple's crappy autocorrect!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

EVA.

Avoid BA.

Avoid BA.

Avoid BA.

The only problem with EVA is the time of arrival back at LHR. May mean a night's stay before your drive home.

arr 1hour later than ba got there last night

Wriggley Tin 1

I agree that Thai prices drop considerably closer to flight date, never flown BA and there are a considerable number of threads on here including photos why I would not consider BA, only flown Eva twice flight is always full and service is not as good as Thai.

If you're under 5' 8" Yes go for British Airways but be aware seats are very tight (always have been) in Economy

Eva no brainer re OP

I'm guessing that their May fares will be lower in Feb/Mar - unless they drop one of their flights from LHR again.

From memory they are. The reintroduction of the evening slot was only until March 27th 2016.

That may have changed so feel free to correct

I have to say that I rate British Airways quite low on the list of favorite airlines, to be honest I rate Jet Star higher

Be aware that cheap flights with BA often include just cabin luggage so check the small print if you plan to put a bag in the hold.

Thai airways flight 2100 in the evening gave me time to get to Heathrow and coming back 0100 in the morning got me back in Heathrow 0700 were good.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

Be aware that cheap flights with BA often include just cabin luggage so check the small print if you plan to put a bag in the hold.

Since when ?  I've had at least 50 ID90 tickets from them as Staff in the past and even we had full baggage allowance

In my experience EVA is better than BA. More legroom. I wouldn't fly with BA unless EVA were full.

By reading a million reviews previously here it is allways the same and that is. .

BA. .shit economy and great buisness class

Since when ?  I've had at least 50 ID90 tickets from them as Staff in the past and even we had full baggage allowance

I don't know what an ID90 ticket is but I do know that BA have been offering 'hand baggage only fares' for at least 12 months. I now understand that such fares only apply to short haul flights (where I have experienced this) so not relevant to Thailand.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/hand-baggage-allowances (grey box towards the bottom)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k8254062-BA_changes_seat_policy_for_hand_baggage_only_fares-Air_Travel.html

I don't know what an ID90 ticket is but I do know that BA have been offering 'hand baggage only fares' for at least 12 months. I now understand that such fares only apply to short haul flights (where I have experienced this) so not relevant to Thailand.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/hand-baggage-allowances (grey box towards the bottom)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k8254062-BA_changes_seat_policy_for_hand_baggage_only_fares-Air_Travel.html

Staff discount ticket ID90  referring to paying 10% of listed IATA fare (full economy fare)

• 2 weeks later...

Eva .... worth £50 more any day of the week

SJL

• 2 months later...

I've always defended BA in the past , but I unfortunatly recently flew long haul Economy with them , if you are not in the Premium or Business cabin , then their service levels fall off a fcuking cliff , the food is cr@p and the attitude of the staff is bad , they are trying to get the meals out as quick as possible before they disappear for a nap in the back ... Both EVA and Thai were much superior

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Do BA still charge for choosing your seat. This has put them off me in the past.

Do BA still charge for choosing your seat. This has put them off me in the past.

Yes , unless you are a Silver Card holder or higher , you have to wait until 24 hours before the flight leaves to get any change for free

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

By reading a million reviews previously here it is allways the same and that is. .

BA. .shit economy and great buisness class

When BA first put flat seats in Business they were market leaders.

Years later BA seats are much the same and everyone else has overtaken them. Plus their staff are very poor.

For Business, Eva is miles ahead, almost as good as BA First Class, and normally a lot cheaper than BA.

Unless you are very small I would never fly BA economy.

BA = Bloody Awful.

Eva wins hands down in Economy.

Bigger seats, friendly, attractive and helpful hostesses who don't mind if you ask for a drink.

And they smile, not scowl but really, for me, the kicker is the seating.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Archived