IGNORED

Etihad reduced baggage allowance for flights booked after 14 october 2015

valkyrie

Just had an email from etihad saying baggage allowance reduced to 23 kgs for flights booked after 14th October 2015 .Looks like I will be changing carrier for future flights.luckily I booked a month ago and 30 kgs allowance will be honoured for my flights

Just had an email from etihad saying baggage allowance reduced to 23 kgs for flights booked after 14th October 2015 .Looks like I will be changing carrier for future flights.luckily I booked a month ago and 30 kgs allowance will be honoured for my flights

Hi Guys

Also received this email today here it is in full for you guys to look at.

You can now benefit from more clarity and choice with our new baggage policy. Effective 14 September 2015, tickets issued on or after this date will follow the new baggage policy.

Most routes will now operate on a piece concept basis. This means that you are entitled to one, two, or three bags, depending on your Fare Choice, route, and Etihad Guest membership status.

Fare Choices, which will also be launched on 14 September 2015, offers you the option to choose your ticket flexibility, baggage allowance, and many other benefits. From the 14th onwards, depending on the fare paid, you will receive a different set of benefits. In Economy Class that has an impact on your baggage allowance. The Fare Choices in Economy Class are: Economy Breaking Deals, Economy Saver, Economy Value and Economy Freedom.     

Our baggage policy at a glance:

Where are you flying? Economy Cabin Breaking Deals & Saver Value & Freedom All journeys to / from Brazil 2 bags of 32kg each 2 bags of 32kg each All journeys to / from USA & Canada 2 bags of 23kg each 2 bags of 23kg each All journeys to / from Africa

(excluding South Africa & Seychelles) UK to / from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh 2 bags of 23kg each 2 bags of 23kg each GCC to / from Indonesia, Philippines ISC to / from GCC 30kg 30kg.                                        To / from all other destinations (general policy) 1 bag of 23kg 2 bags of 23kg each

Where are you flying? Business Cabin First Cabin All Fare Choices All Fare Choices All journeys to / from Brazil 2 bags of 32kg each 2 bags of 32kg each All journeys to / from USA & Canada 2 bags of 32kg each 2 bags of 32kg each All journeys to / from Africa

(excluding South Africa & Seychelles) UK to / from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh 2 bags of 32kg each 2 bags of 32kg each GCC to / from Indonesia, Philippines ISC to / from GCC 40kg 50kg                                             To / from all other destinations

(general policy) 2 bags of 32kg each 2 bags of 32kg each     GCC: UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia

ISC: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka

Etihad Guest tier members will receive the following additional allowance:

•  Etihad Guest Platinum and Gold members: 
    • Piece concept routes: one extra piece of baggage at 32kg
    • Weight concept routes (ISC to / from GCC): additional 20kg allowance 
  •  Etihad Guest Silver members: 
    • Piece concept routes under the general policy: One extra piece of baggage at 23kg (only applicable when booking an Economy Breaking Deal or Economy Saver Fare Choice)
    • Weight concept routes (ISC to / from GCC): additional 10kg allowance   

I assume the Search Engines will still just come up with the Cheapest fare whatever. They could have as many as 20 different fare classes now

Fixed date under 30 days. 1 month, 3 month, 6 months and 12 Months Open with 4 prices for each duration

Archived