IGNORED

Checking Luggage Straight Through To Destination

Lloydies

I always fly Etihad, LHR/AUH/BKK

I always check luggage straight through to destination.

However next month I will be having an overnight stay in Dubai to see an old mate who lives there so my question is can I still check my luggage straight through to BKK even as my 2nd leg flight departs a day later?

Has anyone done this?

It would be so much less hassle and also save time if I can check it straight through.

Check with the airline. I suspect it will not be a problem.

BTW AUH is Abu Dhabi rather than Dubai but I guess it is not too far.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

From memory Etihad have a 24hour rule. If your connection is within 24hours Etihad will treat you as being in transit and you can check your bag through. You can still leave the airport and do what you need to do.

If even a minute over, you will need to collect then recheckin your bag.

Make sure to prebook the free EY bus if you intend to take it to Dubai. It can be crazy busy these days.

I have had a stopover in Dubia for about 20 hours, ,my luggage was checked straight through from Uk to Bangkok.

I was able to clear passport control and leave Dubia airport and return later for my flight.If you are thinking of stopping in dubia get yourself one of 30+ hour connecting flight and your luggage should go straight through to your final destination.

Check with emirates to make 100% sure as last time I done this was about 6 Years ago ,now i only get flight with about 2 hour stopover.

I thought you had to be on the flight with your bag. A security issue. Terriost (A) gets off his flight at point (B) as bag continous to point © but blows up half way there.

I thought you had to be on the flight with your bag. A security issue. Terriost (A) gets off his flight at point (B) as bag continous to point © but blows up half way there.

The bag would not get put on any flight other than the one the passenger is on.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

If I have a long stopover then I normally request that my luggage is NOT checked through. I have a 'fear' (unfounded) that the opportunities for my bag to be interfered with or lost is greater the longer it rattles around in the innards of an airport.

You are right although I don't think this applies in the OPs case.

You are right although I don't think this applies in the OPs case.

In the situation described I believe that your luggage will 'wait' for you and not travel ahead.

Check with the airline. I suspect it will not be a problem.

BTW AUH is Abu Dhabi rather than Dubai but I guess it is not too far.

Yes I know,my mate lives 40 minute drive from AUH on outskirts of Dubai and will pick me up from AUH

I know they wont send luggage without me being on flight, hoping I won't have to pick it up from carousel in AUH.

I will be using Etihad as my wife and baby will be coming back to UK with me and have open tickets to be used.

Thanks for all replies I will book with Etihad by phone and ask them at same time

...I will book with Etihad by phone and ask them at same time

Sometimes the prices are more expensive by using phone bookings rather than on the net. At least they have been every time I have checked.

Sometimes the prices are more expensive by using phone bookings rather than on the net. At least they have been every time I have checked.

It will be too complicated to do online, I have to book myself a return, with a stopover on the way & also get the wife & baby (who has open ticket to use) booked on same flight as me when I return. Also have to book bassinet for baby.

The last time I booked over the phone the price was no different to what I had seen online.

Archived