IGNORED

Avenue Residence, The Urban, City Garden

sulu

I've stayed at the Avenue residence twice for a total of 7 months. Not a bad place at all but I'm thinking I'd like to try one of the other 2.

City Gardens is clearly more spread out.

Looks like the Urban and City are a tad more expensive for similar accommodations but not so much that it would make a difference in my choice.

I should have taken a look at both of them while I was there but I didn't. Oh well.

Any opinions on the 3 of them and how they compare ?

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Location, location, location.

................................................................................................................

City Garden had a 31 sqm studio and a larger 44 sqm studio at 25k baht/month.  They had a decent gym and one large pool with sufficient lounge chairs.  Electricity, water and a TV cable charge would be added to the 25k rent.  The 44 sqm studio included a full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, hot water pot, cooktop, cookware, dishes, and utensils.  The 44 sqm studio had a love seat, end chair, 2 person dining table, Queen sized bed, safe, shower, flat screen TV and balcony.  All 3 condos offered more space than a hotel room at a better price, and in a decent location close to a 7/11 and The Avenues shopping center.

The Urban did not have studios and was priced from 30k baht/month for 1 bdrm.  The Urban had two pools, but the rooftop pool was accessible only if you were in that building. 

I did not like the pool at the Avenues which was surrounded by the buildings because I felt that the sun would be blocked by the building unless the sun was directly overhead.

Stayed in the urban last trip. Was the first time I've rented a condo and I've booked to stay in there again. Brilliant location was also nice and quiet. The laundry service was really good as well no clothes shrunk and when I asked for them to be ready the next day was always told no problem ( I tipped him every time I used him). Only downside for me was the internet wasn't great and sometimes never worked. I stayed in building a looking on to city garden 3 rd floor.

I live in the Urban condo. They recently (August) did an internet upgrade and it seems to be much better - still not perfect but better. I've been here since 2009 and really like it. A good friend lives in City Garden and has good things to say about it also. And has been said before, they're both in a great location.

Cheers

Beerman, usually knows what he's talking about..... unless he's been at two for one Vodkas at Oasis. Then he's absolutely useless! :hello09:

Fantastic Soi to live in. Cant recommend it more. Quiet but still close to everything.

I live in the Urban condo. They recently (August) did an internet upgrade and it seems to be much better - still not perfect but better. I've been here since 2009 and really like it. A good friend lives in City Garden and has good things to say about it also. And has been said before, they're both in a great location.

Cheers

thats good to hear mate cos I'm booked in building b for November until end of February. Internet was the only bad point

• 2 weeks later...

City Garden had a 31 sqm studio and a larger 44 sqm studio at 25k baht/month.  They had a decent gym and one large pool with sufficient lounge chairs.  Electricity, water and a TV cable charge would be added to the 25k rent.  The 44 sqm studio included a full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, hot water pot, cooktop, cookware, dishes, and utensils.  The 44 sqm studio had a love seat, end chair, 2 person dining table, queen sized bed, safe, shower, flat screen TV and balcony.  All 3 condos offered more space than a hotel room at a better price, and in a decent location close to a 7/11 and The Avenues shopping center.

The Urban did not have studios and was priced from 30k baht/month for 1 bdrm.  The Urban had two pools, but the rooftop pool was accessible only if you were in that building. 

I did not like the pool at the Avenues which was surrounded by the buildings because I felt that the sun would be blocked by the building unless the sun was directly overhead.

How old are those prices ? I've seen some condos, even 1 BRs, available(?) at considerably lower prices lately (20-25K).

Funny but I liked the Avenue BECAUSE so little sun hit the pool. It was hot enough even in the shade and I have no need for too much sun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

How old are those prices ? I've seen some condos, even 1 BRs, available(?) at considerably lower prices lately (20-25K).

Funny but I liked the Avenue BECAUSE so little sun hit the pool. It was hot enough even in the shade and I have no need for too much sun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

City Garden large studio for 25k baht/month is the current price agent quoted for Oct/Nov 2015. 

The Urban 1 bdrm for 30k baht/month was the price agent quoted back in Nov 2014.

These prices are for 1 month rental, but if you book longer stay price may be lower.

Archived