Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airbnb ?

rodo555

I have a villa booked thru AirBNB for my trip in a couple of weeks. I used in in Pattaya before as well. Always enjoy the places I've stayed.

I was considering a villa through these guys, but the one thing that makes me hesitate is whether the girls (who often ask where I am staying before heading off) would be put off by accompanying me to a location well off the baht bus route... Is this ever a concern with some girls or do they all have a motorcycle taxi on speed dial?

I have used the site many times including for accommodation in Pattaya. A few things a newbie should be aware of:

1) In the same way as fugly can be made to look beautiful, beware of photo editing. Some apartments can be made to look like a hot teen when in reality they are a Granny.

2) Some agencies have generic listings where what you see is not what you get. A few listings for VT6 are like this. If you see a set of photos that appear to show more than one apartment, and the written description is ambiguous, you may want to give it a miss.

3) Read the small print. Often there will be hidden charges imposed by the owner for water/electricity plus security deposits.

4) Be aware that you have to pay in full at the time of booking.

Tried to use them when they first started. Wanted to book a stay at a very nice detached bungalow in rural Thailand along with the Farang/Thai owners.

Never received a response so have not tried airbnb again since. Used to be cheap at the beginning, but not now.

Archived