IGNORED

Phuket transportation

kuns

This time I choose to visit Phuket also. So please advise private transportation option from airport to hotel. I plan to stay in patpong area.

go out the main exit, turn right, go to the public taxi stand.... cheap, fast and reliable. 

What are approx fare from airport to patpong

I think you mean Patong, which is a beach area in Phuket, not PATPONG which is a nightlife area in Bangkok. Sorry, I can't help you on taxi fares to Patong.

This time I choose to visit phuket also. So please advise private transportation option from airport to hotel. I plan to stay in patpong area.

Although not private transportation, shared public minibus is 180 baht from Phuket airport to Patong.  They try to get a full load of ten passengers then leave.  It can get tight inside with 10 passengers for 45+ minute ride, not including the ride time to drop off passengers. 

Alternatively, if I stay at the C&N hotel, they offer complimentary pick up from Phuket Airport to the hotel for stays of 3 consecutive nights or more.  The C&N driver waits with my name on a sign and I am usually the only passenger they are picking up using their minibus or sedan.

Although not private transportation, shared public minibus is 180 baht from Phuket airport to Patong.  They try to get a full load of ten passengers then leave.  It can get tight inside with 10 passengers for 45+ minute ride, not including the ride time to drop off passengers. 

Alternatively, if I stay at the C&N Hotel, they offer complimentary pick up from Phuket Airport to the hotel for stays of 3 consecutive nights or more.  The C&N driver waits with my name on a sign and I am usually the only passenger they are picking up using their minibus or sedan.

Thanks joeaf I am considering a trip down to Patong on my next trip so this is a great tip about the shared mini bus, whereabouts do you find the bus? in arrivals or outside in the road? Also can you catch it for the journey back to the airport from Patong? many thanks

There is also a fairly new Airport Express bus service linking the airport to Patong. Not sure how much it cost but less than 200B I think. It took a while to get going as the taxi drivers objected - no surprise there.

It's well signed at the airport and the times are probably available online

Thanks joeaf I am considering a trip down to Patong on my next trip so this is a great tip about the shared mini bus, whereabouts do you find the bus? in arrivals or outside in the road? Also can you catch it for the journey back to the airport from Patong? many thanks

Recently, I used the free C&N hotel pickup service from the airport.  But as I recall, the minibus bus pickup was outside arrivals level on the road, but if you waited too long to sign up they would fill up and you had to wait for the next plane. For the return trip back to the airport, I booked my reservation with the hotel travel desk.

http://www.phuketairportonline.com/minibus-and-limousine-service/

There is also a fairly new Airport Express bus service linking the airport to Patong. Not sure how much it cost but less than 200B I think. It took a while to get going as the taxi drivers objected - no surprise there.

It's well signed at the airport and the times are probably available online

The new Airport Express bus takes about 2 hrs according to their published schedule and has had some problems.

http://phuketairportbusexpress.com/en

http://www.ihatetaxis.com/airport/HKT-Phuket-Airport/Phuket-Airport-bus-transfers

Archived