IGNORED

March Hotel -Sister Hotel of April Suites

windsors420

Booked  April Suites on Agoda, but when arrived they did not have a room so they sent me to their sister hotel,March hotel.  Am very happy they did. It is not cheap (1500 bhat at hotel ,some what less at Agoda online) they gave me the same rate as April Suites.

The hotel is locatedPattaya Klang soi 16  behind the monstrous newly built condo towers on Beach road 2, a two minute walk from April Suites. They hotel is similar to April Suites, but it has the best bed I've ever slept in Thailand. I cannot rave more about the beds comfort. For those sick and tired of hard beds in Asia this is the place for you. The wifi is very fast and there are so many connections for electronics in the room that this dinosaur cannot comment. I also like that the walk from Pattaya Klang,much nicer than the nasty soi leading to April Suites from 2nd road. The soi seems to be heavily Indian based on the number of indian Restaurants.

The hotel pool is postage stamped, even smaller than April Suites, but I liked the Sauna.

In review, this hotel is better than April Suites. Should be on your radar.  Right now is no nearby construction noise, but this might change in the future.

Walked to the hotel to have a look, but I didn't like the access from Pattaya Klang or Second Road. No sidewalks, quite lot of traffic and stray dogs.

• 5 weeks later...

Walked to the hotel to have a look, but I didn't like the access from Pattaya Klang or Second Road. No sidewalks, quite lot of traffic and stray dogs.

Interesting info.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like they're deliberately overbooking April Suites with the intention of sending the overflow to the new sister hotel as other reviewers on Agoda have made similar comments to the OP's. No problem, if someone likes the new place. But what if someone really wanted to stay at April Suites due to location or some other factor. Perhaps a better alternative would be to state when they are full and recommend their 'brand new' sister hotel as an alternative. 

I'm pretty happy with April Suites myself, but might have a look at March hotel in the future. Either way, I want to stay at the hotel for which I have a confirmed (and often pre-paid) booking and not be sent elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived